Hotel Eiffel River Gauche Reviews

6, rue Gros Caillou, Paris, France

My parent stayed in the hotel and left this comment: "It was magical, the hotel is really the perfect place to stay for some romantic days in Paris. We were amazed by it the moment we stepped foot in the hotel and Paris itself." I am really happy that I found them this hotel :D

We loved our stay at the Hotel Eiffel River Gauche. Hotels in Paris are very expensive or outside of the city center. This hotel offers a good price on a great location! I think it's great value for money and I will stay here again!

Clean and close to the Eiffel Tower. The main area is a bit outdated but they did have signs saying that they are under the process of renovation.

• 18th Aug 2014

This is one of the most overpriced places I stayed at for what I get. We could get into the room before 3pm. the bathroom stank of urine and when we requested it to be cleaned for our second night they completely ignored us, very unfriendly staff. Untidy and messy. Some doors don't lock, some door swipe cards are invalid. They charge so much money, but there's no breakfast. They say they offer some wine tasting late afternoons but when we tried in our second day, there was nothing. Never again!

We had a small room for three persons. All was clean and the location was excellent in a silent street of a crowded and nice area next to the Eiffel Tower. The reception was open 24/7.

• 17th Jul 2014

Close to everything that is Paris!

• 9th Jul 2014

Do not recommend this hotel. I left the do not disturb sign on my door three days in a row, and room service still came in and moved my things around. The main staff also threatened to cancel my reservation a week before I got there, even though I already paid a deposit. Rude and snotty attitude from front desk.

Loved the location. Thought most of the staff was helpful, especially Amanda. She was awesome. The room way okay but dated. My biggest complaint was the noise. Our last night was ruined by loud guests. The night staff did nothing to control the loud guests until we complained loudly. There is no way he didn't hear them. This went on until 3:45am. No sleep led to a wasted day due to exhaustion.

A really good services but I have to share the bathroom and when I booked in hostelworld, they don't tell me that a pay for a hotel that I have to share the bathroom.

• 28th Jul 2013
  • Mexico

The hotel has a wonderful location and staff is very helpful. The room was just a little too small for 3 people (but that seems to be the norm in Europe) and the lights on their facade shone inside the room at night. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was a 5 min walk to the Eiffel tower and a short walk to all other major attactions of Paris. My only bit of whingeing is that the breakfast time should be extended later than 10.30 am. As the sun goes down in summer very late, (10.30),you tend to stay up late and get a later start. Especially after a big day of walking around the attractions. Other than that a little expensive but hey that's Paris for you. Staff were very helpful.

• 14th Jul 2013

Hotel Eiffel River Gauche was in a great location! Two blocks from the Eiffel Tower, cafes and grocery stores very close, near restaurants too. You can walk pretty much anywhere from this location. I thought the hotel was a bit dingy and out of date for the money we paid but I really think you're paying for the location. Plus, we weren't in our rooms that much anyway. The staff was nice but there wasn't really any atmosphere and it's not a place to meet other people.

DO NOT STAY HERE... I booked through hostel world only to show up and find out that the hotel DID NOT HAVE A ROOM FOR US. They sent us to a much crappier hotel and only gave our deposit back after fighting with them for close to thirty minutes. Do not even bother staying here -- there are so many better places in Paris to check out.

I really love my stay last month in your hotel. The room is clean, the staffs are nice even thought most of them don't speak English much but i really appreciate their efforts to communicate. The locations is just perfect, i can even see the top of Eiffel from my room :) . For Asians who just crave for Asians food, there's a cheap chinese resto near by, so no need to worry. It's definitely comfy and valuable for my money, will definitely come back to your hotel later when i get back to Paris!.

• 6th May 2013
  • Indonesia

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE! DO NOT STAY HERE. We booked this hotel because it was close to the Eiffel Tower -- that was the only plus. Besides that, the staff was awful, our room looked nothing like the photos online and we did not get a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower even though we asked for one. The staff gave us 2 broken swipe cards so we could not get into our room our first day. Bad customer service, bad experience, just bad.

the location is nice and it is convenient to scenic spots. the staffs are very friendly and kind-hearted. however, the WIFI connection is rather poor. although the room is not very spacious, generaaly, it is very nice. i m satisfying with this trip.

Cute place, super location. Clean, small but more than adequate rooms. Trouble w/ wifi in the room after first night which was due to unforeseen problems with electrical upgrade that was expected to take an afternoon but was not done at the end of our stay. Staff was very apologetic; discounted our room for 2 of the nights. We could access wifi & use computer/printer in reception area. Everything in Paris is expensive; breakfast here was no exception so we ate croissants & coffee like Parisians.

It is a very comfortable hotel. Room and bathroom clean. Staff very helpfull. Amazing location, just 2 blocks from the Eiffel Tower! The hotel street is very quiet, so you can sleep fine and without noise. Breakfast is not included, but you can make a very nice breakfast by yourself in the café near to the hotel, better and cheaper than an hotel breakfast. Also there is a tourist tax 1€ by night by person that (for all Paris hotels) is not included in HW price. I fully recomend this hotel!

Amazing location, very nice staff. If you're thinking about it, then book this hotel! SO WORTH IT.

• 11th Mar 2013

Good location and great for the price. Asked us to leave our room key with them during the day which was odd.