Hotel El Estadio Reviews

La Ceiba, Barrio La isla, next to the main city's soccer stadium, La Ceiba, Honduras

Stayed here for one night before catching the ferry to utila. Had a private room which was fine however when you showered it leaked water out the bathroom and all over the floor in the room by our bags. The owner was very strict about people being let outside of the hostel to look around town. He organised us a taxi to the ferry which was meant to pick us up at 8am however he came and woke us up at 7:30 because the taxi was there. We told him he said 8am and then the taxi came back at 8:30

We stayed here on route to bay islands. The guys here were most helpful and really looked out for us girls! They were most careful for our security and transferred us straight to the ferry the next morning! Thanks heaps :)

As soon as I showed up, it felt like everything was about money. I had another gentleman I met along the way that decided to room with me. When the owner found out, he tried to charge us more than the room was worth. As I was sitting waiting for my ride the next day, he was talking about the cost of a taxi, and rather than letting 3 people share the cost of the taxi ride, he kept upping the cost for each person that joined. Lastly, he gave me incorrect information about busses.

Great safe place to stay. Owners are very knowledgable and run a pleasant place. Breakfast and coffee always offered. Stayed a week and felt very secure and enjoyed people watching from the balcony.

• 23rd Feb 2014

This is an odd place- basically a no-frills factory for getting you to Utila quickly/efficiently. There's no atmosphere to speak of, you're warned that the neighborhood is not safe at night- but they order in dinner for you, have breakfast, get the taxis you need to take you to the ferry etc. The facilities are decent, the dorms (I was in the all female) are a bit cramped but comfortable and they have good wifi/aircon if you need it. It's a bit expensive for what it is, but gets the job done!

A safe, comfortable hostel situated between the hedman alas bus terminal and the ferry port. The owners will go out of their way to ensure you get to either in good time and there are a couple of decent places to eat nearby. Overall a good place to stay for a night or 2 in transit

Peter and his team at Hotel El Estadio are fabulous! Incredibly helpful and knowledgable about the area. I stayed here twice as a solo traveller and they go out of their way to make sure you feel safe and at home at their place. Peter is always more than happy to taxi you to places when he can for a small fare. I'd highly recommend this hotel to friends, it's value for money and cleanliness and security is top!

WE stayed at this hotel one night while in on route to Roatan. As for the rooms, they are decent, and clean. One of the owners was kind and helpful. They seemed to be very educated on the route to Roatan, telling us there was a ferry that they were not sure what time it left? and instead recomended a speedboat put on by their hotel, seemed like a organized event.

• 7th Feb 2014

The hostel owner has some kind of scam set up with the taxi drivers. He (the owner) told us that we needed to leave one hr and 15 mins early for the ferry to Utila and that it was very far and we needed to pay the driver 200 L ($10). The driver repeated the same to us. It's a five minute drive. After dropping us at the ferry, the same driver had time to leave and come back FOUR TIMES bringing other people from our hostel. SCAM! Also, NO RUNNING WATER but this could have been the city's fault

NO SCAMS & PLENTY OF WATER..Hey fans this is Peter owner/manager here again paying my dues.We have our own water well & also use this city's supply but on this odd particular day the city was doing some repairs so the water supply was low for the whole city i explain to my beautiful guests what has happening & asked them to ration the water bec we had a full house & to be consider it so that others can take showers .As far as taxis our business is lodging but we go out of our way to call taxis

La Ceiba is not a nice town to stay in, but if you catch the ferry to the bay islands this hostel is good for one night. Rooms are clean and spacious. Security is good. Breakfast is too expensive for what you get and make sure you had dinner if you arrive late at night, you don't want to be outside the hostel after dark!