Hotel El Estadio Reviews

La Ceiba, Barrio La isla, next to the main city's soccer stadium, La Ceiba, Honduras

I was on my way from Antigua, Guatemala to the island Utila, to do my Open Water Diver. However, the Bus from Hedman Alas, which I can highly recommend, arrived at 6PM. The last ferry to the island leaves at apxm 4PM. Therefore, I had to stay in la Ceiba for at least one night. PRO´s: + good Security and lockers + good WIFI +free Water CON´s: - pretty small and filthy shower (no warm water 4 me) - saggiest mattress evr - kitchen was a mess - couldn´t leave in the morning; door locked

• 11th Jan 2016
  • Austria

Good for a stop off however staff were not particularly helpful and at times rude when trying to sort out transportation. Good wifi there and the rooms were clean.

Don't get the breakfast, it's massive rip off! They also try and over charge you for taxis, you can get a better price haggling on your own. I stayed one night here while waiting for the ferry to Utila. It was sufficient for that but I wouldn't spend any more time here.

Hostel staff are awesome!. Peter even drove us to the Guatemala border when the buses were not running due to strikes!. Great value for money and this is in a safe area. This was my 2nd time at this hostel!.

Peter was incredible help for us, he organised our transfer from la ceiba to Leon, he made sure we got there safely and over night as we needed. We were so thankful for his help.

• 21st Aug 2015