Hotel Embassy Reviews

Tubman Road, Opposite City Market, P.O Box 47247, Nairobi, Kenya

I enjoyed my stay at the Embassy Hotel and would not hesitate in staying there again. The only drawback is that there is no place/lobby at the hotel to kill time once you have checked out.

We were so impressed with this place! Great location - quick walk from Arusha Riverside shuttle drop off point. And fast, free wifi.

I didn't expect much for the price of this place. Upon arrival, the staff were excellent and actually walked me to stores. After that, however, the service went downhill. I requested two wake up calls during my stay: one was an hour late and the other early morning call (to catch a flight) didn't come at all. Mosquito net had holes. Note that they required cash to pay the remainder of the reservation, which I didn't realize. They refused to provide change for my cash payment. I won't return.

• 14th Jun 2014

Good cheap hotel, traffic from the airport took about 2hrs back (we arrived at 4pm) but was only 30 min there (at 4am!)

Just simplest place to stay in Nairobi. There is free wi-fi (rather slow), restaurant, they can organize taxi to airport for 2000KES (Oct 2013) Opposite market where you can buy souvenirs. Supermarkers where you can pay credit cards are nearby. Rather expensive if I compare to Central European hostels in similar standard, however East Africa is rather expensive place for tourists. I didn't find anything cheaper where I wasn't worry about about

The facility is basic. It's OK for just one night before safari.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • China

I arrived in Nairobi at 2pm and had to leave the next morning but wanted to see something of the city center. For this purpose the hotel is a good choice. Nothing special but altogether ok.

It's a bit old style but good value for money in the budget category. Location is excellent.

Good for a one-night transit through Nairobi. No complaints. Staff were very friendly :)

It was ok, nothing really special. The staff are friendly enough and willing to help but other than that it was just a place to stay. I think you could find another place to stay for a better price and better quality.

Don't let the price fool you - this is a budget hotel in a not too great area of Nairobi! Luckily the better areas are only a short walk away and whilst basic it was clean and friendly.

This hostel is really well run! The owner is so friendly And reliable. I really felt like I was in good hands. The location is really awesome too.

Staff were excellent and really helpful, was only in Nairobi for a day and Galib managed to arrange for someone to take me to all the places I wanted to see at a really good price. All of the staff were really friendly, the rooms were clean and it is a really safe location. Only complaint would be the noise at night as the windows are quite old and wouldn't shut properly.

Decent place: rıght across from the cıty market and near the center of everythıng, rooms are clean, bathrooms are good, and there ıs an Indıan restaurant. However, the prıces at the desk are 50% cheaper than the prıces onlıne.