Hotel Ensor Reviews

Speelmansrei 10, Bruges, Belgium

Nice room with small outdoor roof sitting area. Adequate size, nice bed, nice bathroom. Room did not face canal, but I just slept there and if I wanted to see canal, I went outside. Really enjoyed breakfast, although simple. Guess a very good selection of tasty things. Good location, for train station, but could have been a little closer to center, although still very close.

• 10th Aug 2015

Loved staying here. As a solo female traveller this little hotel was perfect in every way: location - edge of town and yet short walk to city centre (no need for taxi), no noise at night, comfortable room -light and airy. I would definitely stay again, and will recommend to my friends. Thanks for doing a good job Hotel Ensor!

• 5th Aug 2015

The room was great with a nice view over a canal. It´s located in a very quite part of the town and close of everything. The breakfast was nice and complet.

• 13th May 2015
  • Portugal

The room we were given for the first night was average, but we were moved to an excellent room for the rest of our stay - lovely view over the canal. Welcoming, friendly and helpful staff and good breakfasts! We really enjoyed our stay in the hotel and the location was perfect.

• 9th May 2015
  • Couple, 41+

We loved Hotel Ensor. It's located on a quaint, secluded back street alongside a canal, and just off the busy section of the city. The man who runs it is absolutely lovely and so helpful. We wished we could've stayed longer instead of moving on to Amsterdam.

Friendly and very convenient. I would certainly stay again when cycling in Belgium.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 41+

The staff is very Kind and helpful. The problem was the room: very old and cheap construction; the room dirty and has not been cleaned during our stay. The bed has been made in a awful way (a shirt has been leaved under the sheets!!!), The towels haven't been changed even if these were put on a chair outside the bathroom in order to ask to change them) and the bathroom hasn't been cleaned!!! Also the cup were we drunk a coffee, hasn't been cleaned!! The price is to high for the Quality offered.

Everything was great! The room was very cute, there was a wonderfull view through the window and the staff was more than helpfull and kind! We will definitely come back with the first change!!!!

• 29th Nov 2014
  • Greece

A very pleasant hotel in the old part of the city. All you need in day and night is very close by and the owners are very nice and helpful people. Great breakfast, big and quiet room, idiosyncratic style. Highly recommendable!

• 6th Nov 2014

Great hotel and excellent service!

Great location near the center, staff very friendly and helpful, on a quiet area, good breakfast, Thanx.

We were made to feel very welcome in this superb hotel. The location is great, near the station, next to a square with cafés and restaurants and walking distance to the centre. Staff are very helpful and the breakfast pan cakes are superb. Definitely recommend!

Very pleasant stay.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Poland

good breakfast, friendly people, good location

• 29th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very friendly staff - sent us on one amazing walk (drew it into our map). For about gbp28 pp we got two double rooms with canal views and one iv them even was a room with balcony. Breakfast was filling and absolutely sufficient - no nonsense there. I also discovered a very interesting painter - James Ensor - the books about him that u can find in the breakfast room are amazing. All in all an amazing little hotel with excellent value for money. without a doubt going back!

Great place, excellent breakfast!

Everything was very outdated. I felt like I was living in the 1990's. The cold air comes through the paper thin walls I'm assuming have little or no insulation so it was a little chilly. The man that runs the joint keeps to himself but gave me a map and pointed out where all the great places to go around Brugge are. Overall I give it a 3.5 out of 5 because I payed a pretty penny.