Hotel Estacion Gerona Bed & Breakfast Reviews

13 Avenida 19-35, Zona 1, Guatemala City, Guatemala

Located only a few mins walk from Plaza Barrios in the City Centre. Staff were friendly and was provided with basic breakfast of bread, juice, jam and coffee in the morning which was an unexpected bonus!

Run by such a wonderful couple!! I was charged double on my bus ride to the hotel leaving me just over a dollar short to get to the airport in the next 8 hours. They sorted out a taxi and told me not to worry about it. i.e They saved me!!! Recommended for airport nights :)

• 7th Jan 2014

Staff were great but the hostel is urgent need of repair. Hot water didn't work and bed was terrible. We felt a little ripped off.

This is a difficult review. The hotel was average for Guate City, but the location was not very good for tourists...although we had no problems at all with crime. The hotel is huge and old. The good points: the charming veijito who runs the place always goes out of his way to be of service. Also, we met some very good people at this hostel who were not tourists and would likely not have met if we had stayed in the touristy area. If you have the courage to deviate from the beaten path try thisone

Nothing super fancy, but, for 10.00 it was good. Its only about a 4 block walk to the busses, so that was a good advantage. There was no heat, and I went during a cold snap, so I was cold, but they did provide extra blankets!

• 29th Nov 2013

Good value as it is close to tansportation access and within walking distance of Civic areas. (20 minutes) The building is older 3-4 stories. The immediate neighborhood is borderline as it is within two blocks of old (defunct) railroad terminus and an area of thousands of tin-roofed dwellings. Owner and night security are very helpful. An ideal stay for a small group of guys exploring the city together.

• 16th Nov 2013