Hotel Estacion Gerona Bed & Breakfast Reviews

13 Avenida 19-35, Zona 1, Guatemala City, Guatemala

The hostel is located a short taxi ride from the airport, and they even sent someone to fetch me when I got off my 11pm flight! The concierge (I think his name is Ambrosio) was super friendly and helpful (he offered to walk me to the bus station nearby at 6am. The room and bed were nothing special, but the price for a private room was a great value! I'd definitely recommend staying here!

The owner is friendly and helpful, but the hotel is far out of the way and fairly pricey for the quality.

This is a pretty typical guest house for a big city like Guatemala City. The staff is INCREDIBLY HELPFUL and sweet, as is the owner. Ambrosio doesn't speak much English but he went out of his way to make sure I got info I needed and didn't get lost. I feel bad for forgetting the owner's name but he popped and gave me a ride to the park that I was trying to get to on the other side of town. The streets around the hostel can be a little confusing so just make sure you have a map.

Really dodgey neighbrhood but fine during the day with easy access to the city center and transmetro transportation. The staff (particularly Ambrosio) were very nice and accommodating. The rooms/bathroom were spotless and the roof terrace was a nice addition.

On the description, this place says it is 5 minutes from the hotel. It is NOT 5 minutes from the airport. It is 30 minutes from the airport. Did not appreciate that whoever wrote the advertisement lied to get tourists to stay there. Also, they do not have a Visa reading machine so come with cash. The rest of the hostel was fine, beds clean, nice man/staff El lugar NO está a 5 minutos del aeropuerto, la persona que escribió eso en la pagina del hostel nos mintió. No aceptan visa, solo cash.

Hello, thanks for the comment, we saw that the description in English is ok, but the translation is wrong in Spanish. We will check and fix this. Kind regards

the staff took the time to show the grounds (rooftop terrace, kitchen, and other facilities) plus where area bars/stores were and mapped out a route to my desired bus stop. they went the extra mile -- very friendly

Great staff who are very helpful. But mixed feeling about this place. Its in close proximity to centre but Zone 1 is not the best place for safety in Guatemala city. If you plan to come early to hostel or plan to take a taxi then no problem. Its good value for money and helpful staff made my stay enjoyable.

View all Guatemala City Bed and Breakfasts