Hotel Fukudaya (Asakusa) Reviews

1-35-11 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The service was rude. They didn't let us leave our bags and couldn't give us any advice on where we could find a coin locker to leave them. The hotel was dirty and had only two showers for a ton of tenants. The rooms were small and smelled of smoke. One of our rooms was massively infested with bed bugs and ticks. After learning the building was infested, we wanted a refund on our rooms to go somewhere else. We were yelled at and refunded for one of our rooms. I would never recommend to anyone.

It was really a bit far away from the JR Station but generally our stay was nice. Facilities are fine and it is quite close to the skytree tower.

more of a hotel than a hostel. got my own room so its awesome for travellers who wish to have complete privacy. I met some friendly travellers mainly because we spoke Chinese, but this is not the place if you're looking to meet people. No common area to hang out. Like I said, its more like a hotel. Staffs are Japanese and a chinese guy. So not much english is spoken. They are nice people unlike what previous comments have mentioned. Even got a free drink from the lady working there!

My room smelled very strange, probably from the broken refrigerator in the room. I had to keep the windows open at all times just to be able to stay there. Apart from that, I got a lot for the money!

This hotel is pretty difficult to find as it is off the main road in this quiet neighbourhood of Asakusa. The room was quite cramped for 2; no walking space and any space at all for luggage and stuff after the 2 futon mattresses were laid out.

It is quite a long distance to walk from nearest station. No washing machine and dryer. The local staffs are rather unfriendly. Only 2 shower rooms; many times I had to queue. The oven and fridge are not clean enough

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

I have stayed here 3 times now, and I always like this place. It's really a business hotel, I think, with small rooms and basic facilities. The staff only speak a little English, but it's still great. It does what it says on the tin. It's in a great spot with the Colorado Cafe round the corner and it a really good value base. When I travel, I am pretty much out all day, so my room is just somewhere to come back to. This place does that job perfectly. Showers good and the little hot tub is great.

← Back to search results