Hotel Fukudaya (Asakusa) Reviews

1-35-11 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The location of the hostel was in a not so nice neighborhood. The staff hardly spoke English and sheets/towels were never changed in the 4 nights we spend there. Cups provided on the room were still dirty. Sheets were dirty too. Room was hot, air conditioning not functioning properly. Size room: could just fit a two person's mattress Compared to the prices at the moment we booked the hotel this was a cheap option. However, it was still expensive for what you get.

The rooms were small, but had everything that is needed. The price is ok for what you get and it was clean and for staying one or a couple of nights it is perfect if you don't expect more than sleeping there.

• 19th Jul 2014

Rooms were small and there were bedbugs on the bedsheets and pillows.

I walked past at least 6 other hotels on the way from the station. The room was tiny and smelled absolutely terrible, it made me feel sick. I found black hairs in my sheets (I'm blond) so I doubt they wash the sheets every time. I'm pretty sure there were bedbugs too. There's a public bath but the hours are split between genders and it closes completely at 11pm, with only two 24hr showers with 4+ floors of guests. I saw a line of 8 people one night. There are better $30/night hotels than this.

• 17th Jul 2014

The staff could have had more knowledge of English. It was a struggle and frustrating to try to communicate. They are very nice and helpful, but the communication barrier was frustrating.