Hotel Fukudaya (Asakusa) Reviews

1-35-11 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

I have stayed here 3 times now, and I always like this place. It's really a business hotel, I think, with small rooms and basic facilities. The staff only speak a little English, but it's still great. It does what it says on the tin. It's in a great spot with the Colorado Cafe round the corner and it a really good value base. When I travel, I am pretty much out all day, so my room is just somewhere to come back to. This place does that job perfectly. Showers good and the little hot tub is great.

Itmwas nice to have towels, soap, shampoo etc in the room! The room was correct, and thr staff could speak some english.

the location was a bit of a walk from everything, including the train stations. But from those stations one can get around rather well. The place was quiet, with a kind staff that helped me with whatever I asked (even though I do not know Japanese). I had a tiny, but private room and it was all I needed. I am tall and was still able to fit my large suitcase in the room. They also have private shower stalls with locking doors, a godsend for me. Of all the places I stayed in Tokyo, my fav by far!!

Small but clean room. No kitchen facilities. Good place to stay if you only want a bed.

Good place ! Decent location and the staff is very helpful even tho their english is quite poor.

• 12th Dec 2013

This was my second stay at the Hotel Fukudaya. Staff were very friendly and we managed to communicate despite their mediocre English. The hostel is about 10 minutes walk from the metro and JR line which is convenient. There is a code to the front door so you can get in even after reception closes for the night. There are nice traditional Japanese baths as well. Rooms are VERY small. Hotel is not fancy, but is clean and safe and a good option for cheap accommodation in Tokyo. Would stay again

• 26th Oct 2013