Hotel Fukudaya (Asakusa) Reviews

1-35-11 Kiyokawa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The location of the hostel was in a not so nice neighborhood. The staff hardly spoke English and sheets/towels were never changed in the 4 nights we spend there. Cups provided on the room were still dirty. Sheets were dirty too. Room was hot, air conditioning not functioning properly. Size room: could just fit a two person's mattress Compared to the prices at the moment we booked the hotel this was a cheap option. However, it was still expensive for what you get.

The rooms were small, but had everything that is needed. The price is ok for what you get and it was clean and for staying one or a couple of nights it is perfect if you don't expect more than sleeping there.

• 19th Jul 2014

Rooms were small and there were bedbugs on the bedsheets and pillows.

I walked past at least 6 other hotels on the way from the station. The room was tiny and smelled absolutely terrible, it made me feel sick. I found black hairs in my sheets (I'm blond) so I doubt they wash the sheets every time. I'm pretty sure there were bedbugs too. There's a public bath but the hours are split between genders and it closes completely at 11pm, with only two 24hr showers with 4+ floors of guests. I saw a line of 8 people one night. There are better $30/night hotels than this.

• 17th Jul 2014

The staff could have had more knowledge of English. It was a struggle and frustrating to try to communicate. They are very nice and helpful, but the communication barrier was frustrating.

The service was rude. They didn't let us leave our bags and couldn't give us any advice on where we could find a coin locker to leave them. The hotel was dirty and had only two showers for a ton of tenants. The rooms were small and smelled of smoke. One of our rooms was massively infested with bed bugs and ticks. After learning the building was infested, we wanted a refund on our rooms to go somewhere else. We were yelled at and refunded for one of our rooms. I would never recommend to anyone.

It was really a bit far away from the JR Station but generally our stay was nice. Facilities are fine and it is quite close to the skytree tower.

more of a hotel than a hostel. got my own room so its awesome for travellers who wish to have complete privacy. I met some friendly travellers mainly because we spoke Chinese, but this is not the place if you're looking to meet people. No common area to hang out. Like I said, its more like a hotel. Staffs are Japanese and a chinese guy. So not much english is spoken. They are nice people unlike what previous comments have mentioned. Even got a free drink from the lady working there!

My room smelled very strange, probably from the broken refrigerator in the room. I had to keep the windows open at all times just to be able to stay there. Apart from that, I got a lot for the money!