Hotel Garden Reviews

Piazza Vittorio Veneto 8, Florence, Italy

The room was great, the only problem was the kitchen- it didn't have anything but a fridge.. That was because we weren't located in the main building but in a smaller one, one street further. Still the staff let us use the kitchen in the main building in the middle of the night so I can't complain. For the rest we really liked it.

It's pretty cheap and suits in your needs. Don't expect any extra's though.

• 15th Jul 2014

This is by far the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in. Right on a busy Piazza with trams and cars going by right outside the window. Even with te windows closed it was loud. The building itself is a cool old building but the rooms are dingy and there were only 2 bathrooms for a while floor of rooms. We had to leave we hated it so much and the owner refused to give us a refund even though we offered to pay for the next night.

Hotel Garden is good for staying. There was clean and spacious room. Staff were very hospitable. Hotel Garden inside is like a palace, there are beautiful pictures and openwork staircase. All this things make amazing impression on visitors, so you will feel very comfortable there.

Booked to stay a night in hotel garden but when we arrived we were told they had booked us into a different hotel owned by the same person. My review is of this hotel (Hotel Patrizia) as we only got to the entrance of hotel garden.

WiFi works perfectly in the room. The staff in the reception in the morning is super helpful. Bathroom was clogged once in a while.

The hotel is about a 10/15 minute walk to the centre of Florence, and can be walked to along the river. Staff were friendly and helpful, and although nothing special, breakfast was included and helped with saving some money! Clean sheets and towels were given each day, and free wifi was provided, although doesn't work in rooms.

Great location. The directions from the train station on the confirmation paperwork wern't so great. They take you a much more complicated way than need be, so map on your own ahead of time. The location for the money was great. There were Mosquitos, but they were prepared and supplied repellant. The staff was nice, and let us chill our wine in there fridge. It's an old building, but it was clean. Overall I would stay here again.

There were too many mosquitoes and the rooms were clean but not spotless.

Slightly basic and old fashioned hostel bedrooms. The breakfast was poor, offering only a small selection of rolls, juice and packaged cheese.

Solidly-priced hotel that is relatively easy to find from the train station, and just a short walk to all of the main attractions in Florence. There are a handful of cheaper, off-the-beaten path lunch options near the hotel, which is a nice bonus. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the facilities are very clean and adequate for a short stay.

• 2nd Jul 2014

I was met by a very friendly receptionist, who spoke english well. After check-in he showed me the most interesting places in Florence on map, which I got to keep. We were placed in a room, which was a block a way from the actual hotel. The receptionist followed me there. The room was very simple decorated and we had shared shower and toilet with 5 other rooms - so there was some waiting in the morning. Breakfast was okay, but nothing special. Good location and value for your money.

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Lovely place to stay, very close to the central train station and centre of florence. Staff all very helpful and breakfast was great. The room was clean and tidy but the water in the shower was a bit cold, this wasn't much of an issue as a cold shower is refreshing after walking in italy's sun for the day. Had a fantastic time! would recommend Hotel Garden.

• 22nd Jun 2014

Beware of opening the windows in your room here. Even though the location was excellent, the area is a breeding ground for Mosquitos. My bf and I got bit 36 times each and once we figured out the problem, we had to shut the windows and doors and go on a mosquito massacre. The breakfast was good and the staff spoke little English, but if Mosquitos don't make you painfully flare up, I would suggest this place only for the location or invest in bug repellent for sure!

No air conditioning, very hot. We had a lot of bugs and the place has great old character but needs to be renovated.

Have you reserved a room with a shared bathroom and we have given a large room with private bathroom for the same price. rooms with private bathroom and air conditioning are priced much larger. So be more honest in commenting.

Staff was helpful and friendly , breakfast was good , location is perfect , 10 min walk to the main square. And you also can get there beside the river by sightseeing. According to the receptionist building was a palace built in 815 . So I believed him , you can see the atmosphere of it . Room was perfect big and fresh . I'd love to spend at least 3-4 nights there. But just spent 1 night. Wifi is fast . So everything is good , go stay there .

Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! The hostel itself is in an older building, but it has a charming little garden and offers just the right mix of a welcoming atmosphere and privacy. It isn't super close to the main touristy sites, but it isn't a bad walk on a nice day to the Duomo/Ponte Vecchio, etc. Breakfast was great as well, and we were pleasantly surprised to find it was free with our booking! We especially liked the cookies and coffee. :)

• 5th Jun 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful. And the room was amazing.

• 1st Jun 2014

I just stayed one night here but what I should say about the host was really good man and the hostel was clean, breakfast was good. location is galso good just one min away from the trum stop. I bit expensive may be because to the high seasons but it could be few euros less and I am sure they will get a lot of guests for sure.

It was a very clean, nice hotel.

• 27th May 2014