Hotel Genzianella Reviews

Via Cavour 112, Florence, Tuscany, Italy

The owner was so helpful and nice and wanted to make sure we had everything we needed and knew how to get to different places. He always was making sure everything was good. The location was a bit farther out of the city, but there were still a lot of restaurants around the hotel. Took almost an hour to get into the city using busses as they do not come so often. Room was nice and clean, bed was comfortable. Large shower. Breakfast was just a croissant and a coffee.

• 9th Apr 2014

I strongly recommend it to people who need a stay and are not too much demanding. All basic things someone must need are there! No kitchen or common areas where to stay but we had everything we need in our room, even our mini-fridge!! Cheapest ever but with no bad surprises at all! Perfect and really close to the center: 15 mins walk. The owner is a nice person. Go for it!!! :)

Great hostel for a weekend trip! Close to the city, clean, nice staff, excellent value for money! highly recommended in case you look for a simple accommodation to explore Florence

Great location!! A straight walk down to the center of Florence, and not far from the train station. Not the cleanest or prettiest place, but only stayed there for sleep. Nice that it had towels already, but bad wifi.

the hotel is well located , 10 min walk to main atractions, the staff was nice but at check out they knock on the door at 10:30 am just to let us know we have to leave at 11 am ( We already Knew that ) but generally speaking its a good hotel to overnight .

We only stayed for the night so the price worked. It's not a bad walk to the train station either, which is what we needed in the morning anyways. It's not exactly close to Santa Maria del Fiore, or other fun areas, but if you don't mind exploring a city on foot then it's in a perfect spot.

• 9th Mar 2014

This place is about 10 mins from the centre of Florence which is the only positive thing I can say about the place. The main issue was the bed which was extremely uncomfortable and I came away with 7 bites over my arms after sleeping here for 3 nights. The bathroom stank of sewage but was clean. There is no buffet/coffee tea making facilities/hair dryer or 24 reception as the info sugests. I would sugest paying slightly more for somewhere nicer. The wifi was fine but intermittent at night.

• 8th Mar 2014
  • Wales

The location was great! About a 10 minute walk from central Florence. The only problem was it was noisy at night because it was on a main road. The staff didn't speak English well, which was to be expected, so there wasn't much communication there. The room was pretty big and had a nice large window. The heat didn't seem to work, so we were freezing at night. It was fairly clean, but the walls were very dirty with lots of nicks and scratches and needed to be reprinted. Overall our stay was good

It is good located, with average facilities, the drwback is that Wi-Fi doesn't work at all on the rooms

For that price, is better to get a hostel. The pictures show something better than it really is. But I had no big problem with my stay. It was ok, it is just that is was not great.

for the value it was great

Very cool

• 6th Feb 2014

Location was okay. Hotel's wifi was questionable. We booked a double bed private but were instead put in a twin, which was okay. Not bad!

This hostel is very cheap and you get exactly what you pay for. It´s fairly central, pretty clean and has all the basics covered. One thing we weren´t so keen on was the lack of a luggage storage room- often the front door would be open but the staff members would be elsewhere, so our left luggage didn´t seem to be very safe. We had no problems in spite of this, but if you happen to have anything expensive on you, bring a lock. in case.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

A very nice place in the same street as the Palazzo Medici just a stone's throw away ftom the city center. The staff was very nice and the room affordable. It is equipped with air conditioning and very cozy. I'd love to be back!

Quaint hotel. Just hopped on the bus and it was a short walk to the hotel. Close to all the great sights! Very friendly and helpful staff. The wifi was a little spotty for me but I managed. Got lucky while meeting some great people in my room. Would stay here again!

My husband & I enjoyed our stay here. The hotel offered a nice romantic feel & was very affordable with several options to buy drinks both coffee & wine. It was about a 15-20 min walk from the train station & a 10-15 minute walk to the Duomo. We enjoyed the staff & cleanliness of the hotel & appreciative of feeling safe. They allowed us to keep our bags in a locked room with other traveler's bags who weren't leaving the city at the checkout time. They have a great common area as well.

• 23rd Dec 2013

Very nice, clean, spacious Hotel. If you book this at a hostel price be careful because breakfast is not included. We were tacked on an unexpected €5 each because the (very good) continental breakfast was simply open to the Hotel, but apparently not part of our reservation. Ten minute walk to the heart of the city. Clean and comfortable. Great for extended stays.

A lovely hotel with everything you need, presented in a clean and comfortable way! What more could you ask for

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were really nice and helpful. The only thing I didn't like was that it doesn't include breakfast, but for the price was still a good value. Would definitely stay here again