Hotel Guanacaste Reviews

100 mts norte y 100 metros este, de Burger King, Liberia, Guanacaste, Liberia, Costa Rica

The staff is informative, helpful and friendly. The room was small but neat and quiet. The location is one block away from the Pulmitan Liberia bus station which really helped after arriving on a late night bus from San Jose. You can literally walk to the hostel from the station in less than 5 minutes once someone points you in the right direction. A good choice for a quick stopover en route to Liberia airport or other Costa Rican, Panamanian or Nicaraguan cities.

The room was way to small for two people. I reserved a double bed room and got bunk beds. The room itself was filled with bug, and the facilities were bad. For the money, it was an awful waste and we had to leave and spend more money on another place

• 1st Apr 2015

After booking a single room it was very surprising when another guest was checked into my room in the middle of the night! Luckily the new guest didn't help themselves to any of my valuables. I left too early the next morning to find out what had happened but I recommend you get the details of your room before checking in!

The rooms are way too small and dirty. The room with the bunk beds had mattresses that were as thin as a sleeping bag. The bathroom did not even have a shower head. We upgraded to a room with a double bed with a/c and Tv. It was ok but still way too small and dirty.

Stayed one night before traveling over to La Fortuna from Liberia. Easy check in. Good for a decent rest and a quick shower. No complaints. Very close to a bus stop for the bus from the airport. And only two blocks walk to the main bus stop to get you elsewhere.

The 24 hour security is good, but the grounds seem like they would be easy enough to break into where the barbed wire is falling off the low exterior wall. Staff are friendly if you speak a bit of spanish. General atmosphere is poor, it looks like there was once a little bar in the lobby but it has not been in use for many years. Still the beds are adequate and linens are changed daily. Only major complaint about the rooms was the mosquito nets are in terrible shape.

The location is close to the bus station, but not in the city center. There is a grocery store and restaurants nearby.

I stayed two nights. The first night we got so much help that I cancelled the other resevation and booked this night, too. I was a little unhappy that the desk clerk told me that I was the only one going to the airport the next morning. I wanted to share a cab. Then when I got to the airport I saw the same guest that signed in ahead of me at the hotel. Getting a kickback? Otherwise. All was good. The gentleman at the desk was great.

• 30th Dec 2014