Hotel Guanacaste Reviews

100 mts norte y 100 metros este, de Burger King, Liberia, Guanacaste, Liberia, Costa Rica

The staff was very rude. I had made a reservation for a room through hostelworld and paid a deposit online. I came to the hotel with a friend who did NOT make a reservation and even though we were put in the exact same room I was forced to pay more for the room because I reserved online and they told me I paid hostelworld, and not them. I tried to explain how this can't be right. She told me I can pay, or go somewhere else, knowing I would have to pay for the room anyway through the reservation.

• 11th Aug 2014

Hotel Guanacaste is a perfectly acceptable, clean, safe place to stay. It's close to the airport, comes with towels and soap. It's a bit anonymous though - no real common space, kitchen, etc and feels a big like a huge motel. Perfect if you're just looking for somewhere to crash between buses etc. And it's easy to find!

Depends on what you're looking for. I got a private room for $9, and for someone who had been staying in hostels, it was a great sanctuary. Really close to the bus station, which was great, but it was further from the main part of town. The waitress was amazing

Great hostel very clean and at an excellent price. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Thank you for a comfortable and economical stay. Food at the restaurant was great also.

• 29th May 2014

Everyone was very nice and very helpful!

• 18th May 2014

The hotel is ok, near to the main bus station, we had 2 double rooms with shared bathroom. What we didn't like was the attitude of the guy at the reception - he seemed like we bothered him and wasn't able to tell us when the bus to Tamarindo leaves and he adviced to get up early in the morning and go to ask to the bus station..

• 4th May 2014
  • Czech Republic

It's old but clean. There is a restaurant in the front on the hostel which is cheap and convenient. Staff is nice and helpful. I had my own room with bathroom and good wifi for $11 a night.

would not mind paying more for air-conditioning. Also please put a sign post to the place from the main road/highway to the hotel.

• 23rd Apr 2014