Hotel Guanacaste Reviews

100 mts norte y 100 metros este, de Burger King, Liberia, Guanacaste, Liberia, Costa Rica

The hotel is near the bus station, which makes it really convenient. The service and the facilities are not great - I got a different type of room from what I have booked, the shower didn't work and the staff wasn't helpful regarding bus services.

Way overpriced. Shower didn't work and sink was broken. Fan only reached the top bunk, which is not okay in sweltering Liberia. I'll never stay here again.

• 9th Aug 2015

Although room was small and i had to share the bathroom with another room next door, overall i would say this was a good value for my dollar.

• 24th Jul 2015

The staff is informative, helpful and friendly. The room was small but neat and quiet. The location is one block away from the Pulmitan Liberia bus station which really helped after arriving on a late night bus from San Jose. You can literally walk to the hostel from the station in less than 5 minutes once someone points you in the right direction. A good choice for a quick stopover en route to Liberia airport or other Costa Rican, Panamanian or Nicaraguan cities.

The room was way to small for two people. I reserved a double bed room and got bunk beds. The room itself was filled with bug, and the facilities were bad. For the money, it was an awful waste and we had to leave and spend more money on another place

• 1st Apr 2015

After booking a single room it was very surprising when another guest was checked into my room in the middle of the night! Luckily the new guest didn't help themselves to any of my valuables. I left too early the next morning to find out what had happened but I recommend you get the details of your room before checking in!

The rooms are way too small and dirty. The room with the bunk beds had mattresses that were as thin as a sleeping bag. The bathroom did not even have a shower head. We upgraded to a room with a double bed with a/c and Tv. It was ok but still way too small and dirty.