Hotel Guanacaste Reviews

100 mts norte y 100 metros este, de Burger King, Liberia, Guanacaste, Liberia, Costa Rica

Stayed one night before traveling over to La Fortuna from Liberia. Easy check in. Good for a decent rest and a quick shower. No complaints. Very close to a bus stop for the bus from the airport. And only two blocks walk to the main bus stop to get you elsewhere.

The 24 hour security is good, but the grounds seem like they would be easy enough to break into where the barbed wire is falling off the low exterior wall. Staff are friendly if you speak a bit of spanish. General atmosphere is poor, it looks like there was once a little bar in the lobby but it has not been in use for many years. Still the beds are adequate and linens are changed daily. Only major complaint about the rooms was the mosquito nets are in terrible shape.

The location is close to the bus station, but not in the city center. There is a grocery store and restaurants nearby.

I stayed two nights. The first night we got so much help that I cancelled the other resevation and booked this night, too. I was a little unhappy that the desk clerk told me that I was the only one going to the airport the next morning. I wanted to share a cab. Then when I got to the airport I saw the same guest that signed in ahead of me at the hotel. Getting a kickback? Otherwise. All was good. The gentleman at the desk was great.

• 30th Dec 2014

I would highly recommend anybody to stay a your establishment Puda Vida

• 22nd Oct 2014

Convenient for the bus station (fine for an overnight stay) but not really much in the way of atmosphere (the adjoining bar seems to be mainly a locals hang-out to listen to noisy karaoke. Quite a lot of mosquitos and internet only worked well near the bar. Good value for Costa Rica- but you will get much more for the same price a bus ride away over the border in Nicaragua

• 16th Oct 2014