Hotel Guelfa Reviews

Via Guelfa n� 28, Florence, Italy

The hotel was in a great spot as we only had a night to smash out Florence and the bus station and big churches were all easy enough to find however there was very little atmosphere of you were traveling alone hoping to meet people, the staff stuck to themselves but the little hotel-like rooms although dated were nice and clean.

• 27th Sep 2015

Parking included in facilities is not free, you need to pay garage.

Really enjoyed the stay here. Had a bit of confusion checking in as the staff member on didn't speak English but got it sorted the next morning. Comfortable bed and great room with air con. Having a safebox or locker would of be beneficial but locking the room felt secure enough.

One day when i came back, I found another guest in my room. The reception consisted of an old man who couldn't speak a word in english, he tried to angrily take my keys from me, there was no one to explain in english what's going on & where my belongings are. The owner only bothered to arrive to explain once I threatened to call the police. Apparently she forgot that I've paid for 2 more nights! Got my stuff back & new room. Extremely poorly handled situation tho. The new guest was shocked too.

The location is very good, but the staff was terrible. Almost nobody spoke English and the only man who could was very rude and we had a really terrible conversation about the payment. On our booking the one price was stated and the man on the reception wanted us to pay higher price, but would not want to discuss why or explain it. The rooms were small, noisy and the towels were dirty.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Croatia

The staff were very friendly however they only spoke strictly italian which makes things slightly difficult if your a backpacker. The hotel was in a great location. I didnt like the fact we had to pay extra for an upgrade that they gave us because the aircon wasnt working in the other room.

Just avoid this place and stay at a REAL hotel. This hotel advertises there is air conditioning. Well.... I recently stayed at this hotel when temperatures were 40C/104F. Turning on the air conditioner in our room brought the temperature down to maybe 30C/95F. Where I come from, that's not air conditioning and I can't sleep when it's that hot. The staff refused to acknowledge it was broken, claiming it was brand new (it wasn't) and it was working (it wasn't). Not worth the argument.

The staff were very pleasant, and the owners wife was keen to practice her english with us - we didn't mind at all. There was noise in the street below our window on two occasions- even some fire-crackers were set off, and we are still not sure if there were celebrations of some sort. the noise didn't seem to belong to the management so we didn't try and stop it.. Breakfasts were good, and the room quite nice.

• 11th Jun 2015