Hotel Hippodrome Montmartre Reviews

7 Rue Forest, 75018, Paris, France

Hotel was conveniently located near the metro, which was super important. It was also within good walking distance to a lot of tourist sites if you're in for a good walk. The rooms were extremely small, with hardly enough room to move around, but it did the job with a decent place to sleep. Staff was cooperative with the next to no French that we spoke and the rooms were tidied daily which was also nice. For what we paid for our stay, we would consider staying here again if we're ever in Paris.

Excellent location, only 2 mins walk from metro. House keeper everyday, which is good.

Although the staff were pleasant and helpful, the ground floor room we had was very small, hadn't been properly updated for a while and there was mould in the bathroom. Consequently we didn't feel comfortable staying there for the duration of the stay.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great location: 5 - 10 min. walk from metro station, close to the Moulin Rouge. Quite clean. No elevator, which wasn't a problem for us, but if you can't climb a lot of stairs or are expecting to bring a heavy suitcase, that might be something to consider. The walls are really thin so you can clearly hear loud conversations next door, which made it difficult to sleep some nights, but I believe that's a common issue with inexpensive European hotels. Overall, decent value for money.

• 3rd Jun 2014

I'm very satisfied by the hotel. The stuff was very polite. It was 10 min near Moulin Rouge and 20 min from Sacre-Coeur. There is metro station near the hotel and also bus stop right next to the hotel. There are a lot of shops and restaurants where you can take something to eat. In the room there was TV and the Internet connection was good in the hotel. The only thing is that I have to give them the key to my room every time before I go out. If I go to Paris again,I will choose this hotel again.

• 3rd May 2014
  • Bulgaria

Great place, highly recommended. Noteworthy event: on our last day, a staff member warned us that the RER to airport was down, and recommended we use his friends' unofficial shuttle service. He even told us that the metro workers would not warn us and that we would potentially miss our plane... Thankfully, we didn't listen and the train was fine, no report of anything what so ever. Maybe a coincidence, maybe trying to make $... Other than this interaction, everything else was perfect!