Hotel Hora Reviews

Independetei 30 G, Baia Mare, Romania

Hotel Hora is a simple hotel, but everything functions. Good value for money. It lies a bit out of the way from the busstation (walking distance) and you need a local bus to visit the old centre of town. This is no problem in Rumania where public transport is well organised.

Hora Hostel is located quite far from the center, in an industiral area. Prostitutes line the walk into town and use the "hostel" for business. My room came with suggestive stains near the headboard and very little peace and quiet.

Well, what can I say! The hostel is located about a 40 in walk outside the historic center of town. There are literally NO places to eat in the neighborhood (practically everything is closed at the mall) and the neighborhood is filled with prostitutes that hang out in front of the hotel and fight loudly at night. The hotel claims to have a restaurant, but they really don't. All they could serve was an omelet and coffee. The staff was ok, and the room was average.

The manager of the hostel spoke good English, was very friendly and responded to our emails promptly. We wanted to do a tour of the wooden churches and Merry Cemetery, and the manager kindly provided us with a guide at a very reasonable price. We had a great day visiting the attractions with Crisan, our guide, who became a good friend during our stay! Hostel has a restaurant which serves good food at reasonable prices. Staff are also friendly and made us felt welcome. Great experience overall!

When I arrived, a staff didn't understand how I booked this hostel. Therefore I was requested higher price then by hostelworld. By booking online the breakfast is included in price. But after having breakfast I was demanded to pay, 11Lei. Of course I complained. Some staffs said I have to pay for it, but another (superior?) staff said it was their mistake and I didn't need to pay. Ground floor is restaurant. Party is possible. On Sunday there was a party there, awful vibration.