Hotel Ideal Reviews

Piazza Garibaldi 99, Naples, Italy

This hotel is fantastic value for money for Italy. It is very central and easy to get on the train to Pompei, Sorrento etc. Its not a place to stay if you are younger than me, and looking to meet people and get drunk. But it is comfortable, the staff are nice too. Definitely recommended if you want a nice central place to stay at a good price.

SUPER close to the train station. Staff spoke excellent English and allowed me to keep my bags for a very long time before and after check-in. At time of staying hotel was undergoing much needed renovation work. Clean. Had a strange additional passport check call to my room one night.

If you are looking for cheap accommodation this hostel is for you. It's close to the train and subway station. What I liked is that the bathroom has a hairdryer, which is not common in other places. The breakfast is from 7 to 10 am, so you have enough time to eat. What is more, it offers more than coffee and cornetto. You have tea, juices, milk, some kind of ham, cheese, bread, flakes, jams and other stuff. The only negative is the lack of wifi in some rooms, but you can use it in common room.

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Really nice place, very helpful staff; good location (ok, I've heard the area around the train station is known to be dodgy, however the side of Piazza Garibaldi where the hotel is located is definitely safer than the other side :) ); metro, trains and Circumvesuviana just at your doors; nice breakfasts (it's not everywhere in Italy that you can expect something more than just cornetto and coffee!). I would definitely stay there again or recommend it to someone else.

Great location very close to train station. Room clean and tidy, only issues we had were no wifi in room (however wifi is in reception and common room area) and when we showered the water flooded the room a bit. Would definitely stay here again.

Pros: The location was perfect in the location right next to central train station, which was perfect to get to Pompeii. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The Wi-fi was good and even covered our room, which it wasn't supposed to. Everything was clean and the shower was solid. Cons: We had to leave our key with the staff when we left. Sometimes too loud at night.