Hotel Il Papavero Reviews

Via Castelfidardo, 50, Rome, Lazio, Italy

Do NOT book with this hotel. Firstly, the manager moved us to a separate building in a dangerous, run down area, kilometers away from the original hotel. For a 100 euro a night, room was extremely small (although very clean and well furnished). Main Issue: The key you are given opens every private room on the floor (6 rooms- all same key)- No safety! Any of the other guests can go into your room! The OWNER of the hotel told me "do not worry, very safe" when she was asked about the keys.

I stayed in there for 3 nights, the good point is only the price (quite cheap), the rest are terrible.. the bed that I used to sleep is not for human size (even I'm not tall), I can't even sit above the bed.. the room door was a trouble, it cannot be locked by the key. I don't think I can recommend the hostel for you guys..

things were alright even if the reception is separated with the dorm until they told us that we can't keep the key because the man came earlier took it and they only got one key for a shared 4-people room. they claimed that the room should be left open since everyone got a locker. however, not a single time we came back with the door unlocked. and we have to climb down to the next door to ask them to open the door. and everything is not for free, 1 euro for one device one day.

Good hostel around metro- bus and termini station. Very low price and high service. Staff is wonderfull . Very clean. Ok recommended

a very good quality and price ratio.

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Lithuania

Great hostel and location, no complaints except that the room cannot be locked, which is a bit insecure.

Well located hostel near Termini Station. Staff is very moodily though. Sometimes nice, sometimes quite gross and you have to pay for everything: Wifi, Computer, Print (1€ per page?? Come on). I'd stay again if the staff improved.