Hotel Iris Lyon Reviews

36, rue de l'Arbre Sec, Lyon, France

The very first day, the fire alarm started, and the lights went off, and nobody seemed to care. We were told it was a test, but nobody gave us any further explanations. The noise was terrible, and we felt quite unsure. Appart from that, the wifi went off constantly. The staff didn´t seem to care at all.

Wished we stayed longer. They very kindly printed our boarding passes for us. Room was great. Merci!

No night access to the communal kitchen Which issituated in the main lobby which opens from 7am to 5pm. The rooms are situated in another building, accessible via a communal corridor and only by a partially uncovered staircase facing an extremely old and dirty back yard resembling a sewer and garbag dump. The rooms are basic, however the beds are infested with beg bugs and all sorts of blood sucking insects. My parents stayed on another room and both them and me were bitten.

The room was clean, but the courtyard it opened up into wasn't. That isn't a big deal, since the hotel doesn't operate it. It's a nice place, and I would recommend it.

Very friendly staff, and the hotel is located perfectly!!!

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

The room was not very warm (November). The quality is just what we can expect for the price even if it is a bit expensive. People who works here are very kind.

• 25th Nov 2013
  • Switzerland

Hotel Iris is amazing. Me and my 3 friends had great time there. There's nothing I had problem with. Location was excellent, staff and cleanliness as well. I highly recommend this hotel! And I hope you'll enjoy your stay at least so much as I did.

Excellent hotel, very good price and value for the money. It is very well-located in the heart of the city, near cafés and bars, close to the opera, and yet it wasn't too noisy at night. The room was large and comfortable. Teh breakfast (not included int he price) was also good.

Clean Room and friendly staff

the "hotel" is in deed in good location but rooms are terrible, I felt like everything is so dirty that I didn't want to touch anything. Terrible experience... I have been traveling around the Europe for 21 days and this was the worst room I had to sleep in and not the cheapest one. I do not recommend this hotel, add some euro and stay in place where you do not have to be afraid to go to get shower.

• 14th Aug 2013
  • Poland

Would suggest his hostel as nothing more than a place to lay your head down. Nothing to do, no one around and didn't see a single member of staff. Some nice cafes close by however.

• 28th Jul 2013

This hotel was very nice. It was clean, staff was very nice and the location is perfect if you arrive with hungry: it is in the new downtown, surrounded by cafes, restaurants

A great hotel we really enjoyed our stay here. The room is clean and affable and the guy at reception is helpful and cheery. The only downside is that there's no WiFi and the reception closes at 8. Merci!

The location is perfect, staff are nice, it's clean but not hygienic at all, very old carpets floors, the very old bedclothes etc.. for the people who stay on the back building it looks horrible, they should re do the building!!

The best was the location and the staff. The room for 4 was very spacious. Definitely I recommend it.

The location is right at the center of the city, close to everything, 1 min to metro. Staff is very helpful. The room and bathroom is clean. The building is very old and we have to climb to the 3rd floor to our room. We can have some exercise. We like it there.

I absolutely loved the staff! They were so nice and helpful!

Not the best but not the worst. Four main issues...the internet didn't work in the room, the reception (where the internet works) was not always open (even during the day), our shower's hot water was broken, and our room smelled musty. The security was mediocre because the code for the door was right next to the door. Overall, I might not recommend it. The location was the only bonus.

The staff here is absolutely wonderful. They were so accomodating and nice. The location is right in the middle of everything you would want to see in Lyon. I really recommend it.

• 2nd May 2013

this hotel was really nice! the 4-person private room is really big, it has one double bed and 2 twin beds. everything was really clean!! the location is good, and lyon is not very big so you can walk everywhere very easily. i would recommend it!