Hotel Jorgensen Reviews

R'mersgade 11, Copenhagen, Denmark

I didn't have high expectations based on some of the previous comments here. Nevertheless, most of them didn't do this place a justice. The hotel is in a great location, just a hop across the street to Torvehallerne food market (foodies beware!) and a short walk to Botanisk Have as well as the nice neighborhood of Nørrebro (Assistens Kirkegård, Jægersborggade St.). The only thing I wasn't aware of, was the fact that you have to rent sheets (30 DKK), so do your research before you book.

Rooms are unacceptably cold and dirty. mattresses very thin. wifi disconnects all the time. The staff is careless, they basically try to get the most money out of you, giving as little service as possible. Mind, the cheap price is because they ask you to pay additional hidden fees for bed linen, towels, etc. This is not a Hotel but a low quality Hostel.

Very good value for money in the centre of Copenhagen. However, rooms were pretty small and close together meaning the whole place was quite loud making it difficult to get a proper night's sleep but definitley worth it for the price. Would come here again

Besides the stinky older man who was in my room I really enjoyed this hostel.

I seriously advise u to choose somewhere else to go , the staff is rude , the hostel isn't clean at all , the shower are awful , like jail shower .the toilet are disgusting ! The only good thing is the location its central so close to everything , only 2 min from noreport station , botanic garden etc ....

Good location. No kitchen, crazy small beds in tiny rooms. Should recommend to choose another hostel if you're gonna stay in Cph.

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Great location, just across from N station, on lovely square in central, shopping district. However, hostel is boiling hot - fan in room too loud to use. Had to keep window open - problem was that very unsafe (as sign warns!). Rooms are miniscule, not a pleasant atmosphere. problem with showers (notice said Very hot, be careful) - had I read reviews BEFORE booking, I would not have stayed at Jorgensen. Staff nice, did their best. I felt sorry for them - too many problems to overcome.

Hey, we were really sad, that kitchen was not included in this hostel, so thats the reason, why i set the review so low. We could not boil even tea and the staff was not as helpfull as we thought it could be. We could not reach wifi in our room, but it didnt matter that much. Otherwise it was nice stay in Coppenhagen.

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Czech Republic
  • All Male Group, 18-24

this is a really cool place, the various hallways make it feel like an old hotel.

Great hostel, though my room (Number 10) was uncomfortably hot the whole night so I did not sleep very well.

• 27th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

Based on the reviews I thought it would be terrible, but it wasn't. It's about what you'd get for the same amount of money if you were staying in London. So don't be too put off by the bad reviews if you're used to somewhat budget accommodation.

Localition is good...only this

Huele a humedad y mal, las habitaciones son mazmorras, no lo recomiendo bajo ninguna circunstancia a no ser que te guste dormir en algo parecido a una cueva sin el encanto de las vistas. Bad smell and humid, the rooms are like dungeons. I wouldn´t recomend this place under any circumstance, only if you like the caves without good views.

I have stayed in Jørgensens many times over the years. I like the location and the rambling building. Pity that there is no kitchen. They used to have a fantastic breakfast buffet included but that is gone. Different times. Still, no complaints. Would stay again.

The hostel was clean and the staff were nice enough, but I wouldn't recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a party or a great time. Instead, its a good place if you just need a place to lay your head for the night. My only major complaint is the lack of outlets in the room. I stayed in an 8 bed dorm that only had three outlets, none of which where anywhere near my bed, which was definitely inconvenient.

The security was really poor. I once came and someone else had gotten my key. I understand that you want to keep the keys but maybe you could give something else for the guests to exchange for the key when going out. The lockers has to be improved, really easy to break - a good thing would be to get lockers to have under the beds, easier to access

• 21st Aug 2014
  • Sweden

This must be one of the worst hostels I've been to in whole Europe. You get absolutely nothing for the money you pay.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Staff in the late **EVENING** is Great, really helpful which i feel when u're a tourist in a country u don't know, a HELPFUL STAFF is *ESSENTIAL* i strongly recommend the staff in the *LATE EVENING, i repeat LATE EVENING!!! LOCATION is great just outside of Metro station, walking distance to downtown, i really like this hostel.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Mexico

The only good thing about this hostel is its location. We were in a dorm of four people, and we barely had any space to walk or store our luggages. It was rosting hot in the room and very noisy, we could hear everything from the street. The shower on the first floor wasn't working, so we had to go to the basement to take them. It was an only girls shower but there was no door to the shower cabins...There is a storage room in the hostel, but just so you know you have to bring your own locker.

you will have very good hostel if you invest some money in it!!!

• 17th Aug 2014