Hotel Jorgensen Reviews

R'mersgade 11, Copenhagen, Denmark

Hands down, the worst place iv ever stayed. Downstairs in the common room, there were holes in the ceiling!!! Did not feel safe at all, when i asked about charging my phone at reception the guy said "sure, but it's likely to be stolen cos we dont always keep an eye on the desk." Eh, and 30 DKK to rent bedsheets as we were meant to bring our own? Nothing about that in the email. Only for the fact it is central, beside train station and it was our last night we would demand a refund.

In the room was too hot to sleep..it would be great to have a free sheets and a stairs when needs to clime up to the bed, witch is double bed. But not the stairs like metal one, so u wake up whole room when need's to clime up on bed. The locker need to buy on reception but the boxes for them are on the -1 floor that looks very scary. But, when I was leaving, they put lockers with box in the room so it's a good solutions.

The room smelled like sewage and the sheets/bed were filthy.

• 14th Aug 2015

very, very hot

You get what you pay for. I paid for a cheap room and received a basic service, which I thought was perfectly acceptable. Added bonus, in contrast to some other low budget accommodation providers in cph, there is no bar on the premises, so no loud music to all hours. I would stay here again.

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Scotland

We like this hostel, but the room was really small.

• 28th Jul 2015
  • Lithuania

It was disgusting to say the least. The rooms are molded included the broken down bathrooms. There was blood on the walls and mattresses. The bathrooms were disgusting filthy and feces on toilets and they wont flush. There is TV in the basement, which they call a living room and nothing stated on their website is available. They allowed people to enter rooms at 2 am, which they were homeless drunks waking us up and smelling bad. STAY AWAY!

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel seems like an afterthought to the hotel. It's rooms are fine, but the bathrooms are both limited and dirty, while the showers are stuffed in a head-high cave in the basement. I felt no warmth from the staff. The hostel also has limited resources for its guests: no kitchen or fridge, no drinking water, and seemingly dysfunctional lockers. For me, the hostel served its purpose as a place to crash, but I have paid many euros less for much better places to rest my head in the past.

• 17th Jul 2015

Upon arrival we met one of our room mates. When we were back later in the evening there were two different girls in the room. Later on, the girl we met comes back to sleep to find somebody else in her bed (?). The lockers squeak a lot. There are no ladders to climb up the bunk beds. Sink blocked. In the shower rooms, nowhere to put anything: no hangers, no soap case, nothing! There's no kitchen for us to use.

Staff was very friendly, location and cleanliness was great if looking at the dorm. Unfortunately there was only one socket and the showers did not look and very good/clean, but I haven't used them. For a one-night-stay I can definitively recommend it because of the great location and cheap prices!

Very small room, no hostel atmosphere, staff responded to every question with a "what the hell are you talking about?" Look on their face. BUT, nice location next to a park and close to sights and worth the price

one of the worst hostels I've ever stayed at. The rooms are in a dingy basement that have half the wall chipping away. On my first night there, there was two people sharing 1 bed, 5 people staying in a 4 person room. On the plus side that staff was very helpful in kicking the extra guest outages we complained. Other facilities are pretty gross I didn't even shower in this hostel as these were in a corner of the basement, lacking light and a recent cleaning. Won't stay here again.

Good location. Major sights are within walking distance. The beds are a bit old but still okey. Some bedrooms are crowded. Three beds above one another may be a bit inconvenient. WiFi was working well.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Staff was very unwelcoming, unfriendly, and unhelpful, offering no insight on things to do in the city, rooms are incredibly hot, wifi does not work in rooms, bathroom facilities are unclean and offer little privacy. Only positive is the location.

The cleanliness of this hostel was severely lacking. Our room, especially the beds and mattresses were really dirty (I found what I could only hope was melted chocolate under my mattress). I'm fairly certain that our room had bed bugs, thanks to the red welts my friends and I woke up with. I don't usually leave reviews (especially negative ones), but I was really disappointed with this accommodation, especially for the price we paid.

The hostel offers lockers only in the basement, which means that there are no lockers in the rooms. The shower facilities are poor. The room was too hot. And if you don't have your own bed sheets, you have to pay 30 DKR for them. Other than that, the hostel was overall OK, but I don't think I'd come back there. For the price I paid, I thought I could get something better.

Great location right by the city center and the metro, so you're in the middle of Copenhagen just 15 minutes after you leave the airport. Feels like more a hotel than anything else until you get to the rooms. The 4-bed room is teeny tiny, though I was lucky to be the only person in there for my last night. Overly warm once you get four guys inside. The showers are a little stanky, but fine.

Poor shower facilities, unpleasant staff and minimal security - avoid if possible.

Dirty facilities, beds that nearly break down, a creepy celler where you have to go to take a shower - it does not by far deserve the name "Hotel"

Very basic facilities (it is even hardly possible to fill your drinking bottle, you had to use a ladder (yes, a real one) to get into the upper beds,...) and uncomfortable atmosphere. No lively community feeling. There stands against that this is by way far the cheapest hostel in Copenhagen, so I can advice it if you just need a bed for one night.

• 10th May 2015