Hotel Kaga Reviews

1-12-21 Haginochaya, Nishinari Ward, Osaka, Japan

I love japanese style bedroom

After reading all the negative feedback I more or less dreaded the day of my arrival at Kaga, but I actually feel good about it. There was only one staff member whose English was reasonably decent and he wasn't afraid to make mistakes. He usually works during the day time and he was very helpful to me. The rooms were small but for a single room you cannot nag, with a/c, tv and fridge. Also a few footsteps to nankai railways station to commute between kansai airport, what more can you ask for?

Rooms are clean, shower is good even though it's only one in the entire building. There is a bathhouse you can use for free. But spend a few extra yen that you otherwise spend on the metro or train to stay closer to the city. But having your own room for a night can make the difference. Not a place to meet other travelers or people in general

For me, the best part (aside from the low price) was the ticket to the public baths nearby. The worst part was being across the hall from the bathroom, and awoken by drunks retching in there in the middle of the night (on several nights). Make no mistake -- this place is much more oriented to the essentially homeless Japanese middle-age man than to the traveler. Rather than an extended stay here, I found another property nearby.

• 22nd Mar 2015

This hotel is OK given the price. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. However, the atmosphere, in and outside of the hotel, is bleak. The rooms are ridiculously small and you can't watch TV or play music past 9pm. I was on the 5th floor and I had to walk down to the 1st floor to shower everyday. I also had problems with the shower's hot water, which would turn off for 3-5 minutes every now and then. The hotel is conveniently located, however. It's close to tennoji and namba.

• 22nd Mar 2015

The hotel was as advertised. Small, clean and inexpensive. Very close to the subway lines. A good place to stay for a couple of days.

• 20th Mar 2015

Good hostel with cheap private rooms, good if you just want a place to sleep.

The places is not bad, one of the cheapest in Osaka but nothing special.

Cheap hotel with good beds and possibility to visit a public bath for free. Location is 5 minutes from the station but you have to walk trough a street full of sleeping and walking homeless people. That scared me a little. Room did smell after green tea a little but that's no big deal.

This hotel is so weird, and a little creepy. The building is too old, and is not so welcoming atmosphere, but it was Ok after all, enough for spend the night in a average private room.

should decorate and make it more lively

only 1 shower in entire hotel rooms are tiny im 6ft and could barely fit laying on the floor had to place the bed diagonal in a pretty rough area of Osaka besides that Mitsuoka at reception was incredibly helpful and nice big thank you to him

I didn't like my stay here. In fact, I checked out a day early. My room was right across from the bathrooms and I could hear people hacking and vomiting during all hours of the night. My friend's room had cockroaches. Which is not great considering you're sleeping on the floor. Make sure you specify non-smoking. The women's one shower stall on the six floor is nice, except my friend said she hear some suspicious noises there. predominantly men who use this hotel. Would not do it again.

• 24th Feb 2015

I found cockroaches in my room, which was a major knock against cleanliness, because otherwise the bathrooms and showers were very well kept up. Also, the location is near Osaka's largest homeless districts which doesn't contribute well to the location and atmosphere of this place.

Before I reserve this hotel, many reviews of Hotel Kaga was generally negative about the safety and location. It is true that this hotel seems to be located at the place that seems to be dangerous. However, it was not as serious as I concerned. The facilities were clean enough.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Reception was really kind and helpful. My first impression of the hotel was that it looked pretty divey, but clean nonetheless. The rooms are small but just big enough for one person. This place would be fine for travelling alone and it's fairly cheap. The location isn't the greatest either but it's close to the metro and jr lines.

the staff was nice but the building itself felt like an old prison, metal room doors etc. the rooms were nice and clean tho. i did not feel comfterable walking in the building at night. and its also located in somewhat poor part of the city. its great value for money since its cheap. but if you want your first impression of osaka when you arrive to be good, i would suggest a better part of the city.