Hotel Kaga Reviews

1-12-21 Haginochaya, Nishinari Ward, Osaka, Japan

Very nice and helpful staff, good place to stay if you have limited budget.

no 24-hour bath is quite funny, because the hotel seems to have many rooms and guests. also the whole hotel gots only 2 showers on the ground floor. most staff don't speak english, so when i first met the lady in the front desk, i don't know i need to pay the 1000 yen deposit for the key. she need to call to another staff who can speak chinese.

hotel itself is pretty neat and quite clean, only ONE shower there to my knowledge though, note that neighbourhood is very crappy, overall, staff is good and helpfull

Nice hotel with very good facilities. Staff are nice. Some could speak Chinese as well so that was a good news for Chinese like us. Even though some could not speak other than Japanese, but they are still willing to help.

Lots of homeless people in the area, it was the first time in Japan that I didn't feel completely safe. But it's really close to the JR station and you can find much cheaper food in the area than in the touristic and more "popular" places. The only thing that I didn't like at all is the smell of smoke... apparently there are smoking and non-smoking rooms but unfortunately I couldn't choose between them here on hostelworld.

Even if the surroundings weren't very well frequented, the proximity to several touristic spots (Tsutenkaku, Nanba & Doutonbori, (Shi)Tennouji,...) and easy access to the JR Line were welcomed. The Staff was really nice and the room, which seemed really small at first, was of the perfect size (no uneeded free space, I have all I need right at my side). If I come back to Osaka to see friends or for any sort of event, I will gladly come back there~

• 2nd Dec 2013

Too early check out before 9 am must be out of the hotel kaga or else they will charge you 1 day, or they will knock on your door too hard.the location is not safe too.

While most would agree it is not in the best of areas, I feel the price is worth it. Not once did I feel unsafe. Also, it is a very close walk to the JR stations and only a 10-15 minute walk to the more touristy parts of Osaka. The staff were very kind and sweet people. Not the best place if you are wanting to meet other people, but traveling solo or with a group, I think this is a great place. I would stay here again.