Hotel Kaga Reviews

1-12-21 Haginochaya, Nishinari Ward, Osaka, Japan

The hotel was as advertised. Small, clean and inexpensive. Very close to the subway lines. A good place to stay for a couple of days.

• 20th Mar 2015

The places is not bad, one of the cheapest in Osaka but nothing special.

Cheap hotel with good beds and possibility to visit a public bath for free. Location is 5 minutes from the station but you have to walk trough a street full of sleeping and walking homeless people. That scared me a little. Room did smell after green tea a little but that's no big deal.

This hotel is so weird, and a little creepy. The building is too old, and is not so welcoming atmosphere, but it was Ok after all, enough for spend the night in a average private room.

should decorate and make it more lively

only 1 shower in entire hotel rooms are tiny im 6ft and could barely fit laying on the floor had to place the bed diagonal in a pretty rough area of Osaka besides that Mitsuoka at reception was incredibly helpful and nice big thank you to him

I didn't like my stay here. In fact, I checked out a day early. My room was right across from the bathrooms and I could hear people hacking and vomiting during all hours of the night. My friend's room had cockroaches. Which is not great considering you're sleeping on the floor. Make sure you specify non-smoking. The women's one shower stall on the six floor is nice, except my friend said she hear some suspicious noises there. predominantly men who use this hotel. Would not do it again.

• 24th Feb 2015

I found cockroaches in my room, which was a major knock against cleanliness, because otherwise the bathrooms and showers were very well kept up. Also, the location is near Osaka's largest homeless districts which doesn't contribute well to the location and atmosphere of this place.

Before I reserve this hotel, many reviews of Hotel Kaga was generally negative about the safety and location. It is true that this hotel seems to be located at the place that seems to be dangerous. However, it was not as serious as I concerned. The facilities were clean enough.

• 21st Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Reception was really kind and helpful. My first impression of the hotel was that it looked pretty divey, but clean nonetheless. The rooms are small but just big enough for one person. This place would be fine for travelling alone and it's fairly cheap. The location isn't the greatest either but it's close to the metro and jr lines.

the staff was nice but the building itself felt like an old prison, metal room doors etc. the rooms were nice and clean tho. i did not feel comfterable walking in the building at night. and its also located in somewhat poor part of the city. its great value for money since its cheap. but if you want your first impression of osaka when you arrive to be good, i would suggest a better part of the city.

My room smelled like an octopus. . Lol

Very good value for money in Japan. Interesting district if you want to understand the japanese society. I like this place, far away from the fashion clones.

The whole building was not very nice to stay in, since the floors and my room smelled smokey and there was no comfortable feeling unlike most normal hostels I have visited which are in the same price range. The bathrooms were ok to use but not good. The staff was friendly but there were a lot of different time rules to consider which was quite confusing.

I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN!!!

The staff were very pleasant and helpful, and the hotel was clean, cozy and had all the necessary amenities. It was close to major stations and a quick walk away from various stores, malls and restaurants. As females guests we also enjoyed the Women's Only Washroom / Shower room which was a very nice and tidy surprise! The price was also great and affordable for longer stays. I would definitely book here again!

• 13th Oct 2014