Hotel Kaga Reviews

1-12-21 Haginochaya, Nishinari Ward, Osaka, Japan

Not the best! I emailed the place beforehand asking for non smoking rooms and both rooms smelt extremely of smoke! One of the rooms also have a strong smell of wet shoes. You were unable to sleep in this room because of the smell. I did try to get my room changed and the first night left on an air freshener, I was told I couldn't change rooms and the air freshener didn't work so we both had to stay in the one room. Which was small for 2 people.

Very bare-bones place but it is incredibly cheap as well. Just a 3 minute subway ride to Namba station for going out at night.

Aizuya Inn has everything you need for a humble Japanese holiday. All I need is tatami mats and a futon, which Aizuya had :^). There's also a kitchen and hire bikes which is great. I do prefer going to the Sento for bathing though. The best part about Aizuya is the beautiful decorations - especially in the toilets, and I also loved that you could go out on the top floor roof balcony. I'd stay there again for sure :^)

• 23rd Jul 2015

Great little Japanese style room with air con and TV which was great value for the price. Hostel is in a quiet residential which is nice, but not much around however the train station is only a short walk away.

Very nice hostel , its cheap clean and People very very nice, Best in Japan for sure!!

• 11th Jul 2015
  • Chile

I love japanese style bedroom

After reading all the negative feedback I more or less dreaded the day of my arrival at Kaga, but I actually feel good about it. There was only one staff member whose English was reasonably decent and he wasn't afraid to make mistakes. He usually works during the day time and he was very helpful to me. The rooms were small but for a single room you cannot nag, with a/c, tv and fridge. Also a few footsteps to nankai railways station to commute between kansai airport, what more can you ask for?

Rooms are clean, shower is good even though it's only one in the entire building. There is a bathhouse you can use for free. But spend a few extra yen that you otherwise spend on the metro or train to stay closer to the city. But having your own room for a night can make the difference. Not a place to meet other travelers or people in general