Hotel Kaminarimon Asakusa Sensoji Temple Reviews

1-18-2, Asakusa, Taito-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Unfortunately, we couldn't go to Japan and had to cancel last minute. I had to email and call them several times about some issues. They were really quick to respond and their emails were in well-written English. The staff were really kind and understanding about our situation and helped us cancel our reservation with ease. P.S. they wouldn't let me submit a review without rating everything. Their "staff" rating is the only one I can answer truthfully.

• 8th Jul 2014

The Kaminarimon hotel was perfect for our first night in Tokyo. The location was very handy and the staff so nice. We could not ask for a cleaner place. Highly recommended !!!!

this hotel is soo good value and friendly, and you are right in the heart of asakusa literally 2 metres from the kaminarimon gates! top marks

The best thing of the hotel was the location, very close to tube station. I was expecting more, considering the price. The hotel has no character and lacks a nice atmosphere. I really like the Japanese style rooms but the room at this hotel lacks character, it wasn't particularly nice.

Curfew at 12

The location of the hotel was excellent, but customers would find it easier if there were better directions to the hotel form the train station. It would also be great for your customers if they had the option to use the shower (not the bath) in the shared bathroom once they arrive. Most customers will have travelled for a long time and would like to freshen up. I think allowing this would make customers grade this hotel better. Other than this, the hotel was very nice and it was nice to stay.

My only complaint was the women's common bath was very small and not very hot. The staff was wonderful and even moved our luggage for us when we had to change rooms (planned move we knew about ahead of time when booking). The private bath Japanese style room i highly recommend. GREAT location right next to the temple.

Thank you for your review. Our hotel is very easy to locate and access for those who have a lot of lugguage. Much appologies for the bath water temperature. We will try our best in satisfying all guests. We hope you will come visit Japan again and to serve you soon.

The location can't be beat, you are literally steps away from the most traditional parts of Tokyo & the Sensoji Temple in Asakusa. What a fantastic location and not too crowded like other areas. Very serene and a place you can shop and find plenty to do. Still not a fan of community showers but every other facility was fine. The staff is INCREDIBLY and EXCEPTIONALLY helpful even when you do not speak Japanese - they try their best. We communicated with a lot of gestures but it was fantastic!

• 14th Feb 2014

Thank you for your review. Our hotel is very close to the station and the entrance of Kaminarimon gate. Community showers are available but we do have some rooms with bathrooms. We will try our best in making our hotel a great place to stay for all guests. We hope you will visit Japan again and to serve you again soon.

Amazing Hotel with services that helps us to work with out itinerary very well. The reception are open at 6am for early baggage drop and close at 12am for late check-in. The hospitality are amazing :)

Thank you for your review. We do allow early lugguage drop before the 3:00pm check-in time for guest who stay at our hotel. There are many places near our hotel to shop traditional suvenirs, restaurants, and traditional places to go sightseeing. We hope you will visit Japan again, and to serve you soon.

The room was small (well, compared to my previous hostel). nowhere in the room to hang wet towels or the yukata. Bath smelt a little mouldy (I think it was the timber cover, to be honest). Apart from that, and the noise during the day from all the tourists outside, this was a convelient, comfortable and friendly place to stay.

Thank you for your comment. We apologize for any inconvenience we have caused you. We will accept your valuable opinion and use it for the better for our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Not a bad place. They are a little bit unflexible regarding shower and bathroom times. Furthermore there is also a curfew. On the other hand it has perfect location right in the heart of Asakusa. Overall it is a very "Japanese" place!

Thank you for your comment. The curfews are for security reasons. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. We hope you enjoyed the atmosphere of Asakusa during the stay. We look forward to serving you again!!

Very nice hotel with a good Japanese charm and excellent service. Location is the best.

Friendly and helpful staff who really took an interest in you as a guest. They went out of their way to assist you and help you.

• 3rd Nov 2011
  • Sweden

Thank you very much for the ratings and comments. We feel happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to serving you someday in the future again!

great hotel with cosy rooms and in a very convenient location. all staff at front desk were very nice and very helpful. will stay at Hotel Kaminarimon again on my next visit to Japan :-)

• 1st Nov 2011

The Hotel made a brillant service: I had one of the most pleasant stays in my life. I felt happy. I already made recommendation to my family, friends and colleagues.

• 1st Oct 2011

Thank you for your comments and recommendations. We feel very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Japan is entering a beautiful season know, with the leaves starting to red soon. We hope to serve you again someday.

Perfect location. The staff was very friendly and had good English. The only con is the room was kind of small, but the pros definately outweigh this con. I would stay here again.

• 26th Apr 2011

Thank you for coming to Japan in this period after the earthquake and staying at our hotel. We assume you have been worried about the situation before coming here. But as you have seen, Tokyo is back to normal, so we look forward to serving you again.

Great traditional Japanese hotel (not really a hostel). It was perfect for our one night pass through of Tokyo. There is a midnight curfew, but that didn't really affect me, as I was exhausted anyway; just beware.

Thank you very much. We hope you had a pleasant flight. We are looking forward to serving you again.

Perfect for just over 5000yen. My comfortable 4-tatami room window faces RIGHT at the Kaminarimon. Right beside the metro and Nakamise Dori; near convenient store and lots of cheap and nice food shops. Yukata robe, zori slippers, towels, comb, toothbrush set and hair-dryer provided. No private bathroom but I enjoyed using the shared Sento. Only no free WIFI so I couldn't surf in the room, but there's a shared PC with free internet by the reception. Will be back!

We hope you had a great time exploring one of the busiest periods in Asakusa. If you travel with your own laptop when staying with us next time, please let us know. We'd like to provide you with an internet cable, which allows you to enjoy free internet. Thank you very much for staying with us. We hope to serve you again.

I loved this place! It was the perfect, most Japanese-like hostel experience I could have had for my first night back in Tokyo. Although it took us a long time to get there from the airport, the cute tatami-style bed on the floor, miniature bathroom and the location at one of the oldest parts of Tokyo was just perfect. They have a lot of great eating places nearby, and I truly enjoyed my stay here. They also were very kind and let us use the internet for free.

• 26th Dec 2010

Hotel Kaminarimon at Sensoji Temple was great! No, it is not a place for partyers, and many middle-aged business people do use it for a place to stay, but if you want a clean, dependable, and quiet hotel to stay at including the Ryokan-style Japanese charm, you can't pass it up for the price! What I found fantastic was the location - right next to the subway station and the historical Kaminarimon/Sensoji Temple area. The people there will also go above and beyond to help you, even if some staff can't speak

Thank you for your compliment We are looking forward to serving you again. OYASUMINASAI = good ngihtoyasumi-nasai. Sincerely yours, Hotel Kaminarimon