Hotel Kasbah Erg Chebbi Reviews

Ras Erg Chebbi, Merzouga, Morocco

This place is truly a unique experience and the highlight of my trip. It's located right next to the dunes. Camel sunset and sunrise rides for 200 MAD--but I would highly recommend the sunrise due to watching the sun rise over the dunes is an unforgettable experience. If you don't arrive by car, you must depend on the hotel staff to get around. There is no cash machine for 30km, so bring what you need. The meals in the restaurant are phenomenal (90 MAD for a meal). Enjoy your stay!

I found that when I wanted to go and do sand boarding, that because of the remote location I had to ask the owner to drive me. He refused however on the premise that it was "too hot" so I missed out on something I really wanted to do. Furthermore you have to pay for breakfast, we were surprised at the end when they landed the bill on us! They just kept giving it us. They also charged for TEA which is free everywhere! The rooms were gorgeous but too hot, the "air con" is a weak fan...

• 10th Jul 2014