Hotel L Kamata Reviews

7-30-5 Nishi-Kamata, Oda-ku, Tokyo, Japan

The bathroom smelled very moldy.

Good hotel but have a bit to comment , too big bathroom and toilet ,it take almost half space of room. bed should be bigger if the bathroom is smaller .I m from Thailand ,not big body person but I feel uncomforttable with this size of bed for two person .

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Lovely place to stay in Tokyo, great value, the staff was really nice and the place was really clean! Highly recommended after landing or before a flight as it is very closed to Haneda, even by bus.

I went there on my own for one week and did not regret it. The Rom was equipped with a Double bed, TV, DVD Player, hair dryer, Bath tub, "Special toilet", Waters Boiler for Tea, etc. and respective cuttlery. The Staff was extremely nice and helpful. When my Credit cards World not work at Thema ATMs on the First day, they Even Took me in their private car, so I could try out different banks in the area. However, there are primarily double-bed rooms, so Rather suitable for couples or good Friends.

Lovely place, ideal location. Only complaint is how much trouble we had finding it from the directions - they weren't quite as clear as they should have been.

I would recommend this hotel especially for the location. Super well connected to all main areas in Tokyo and located in a safe, quiet area. Very clean. We had also a very nice and spacious room (502). Definitely a good choice, we will come back for our last night!

Great place to stay, only a few steps from Kamata Terminal. Lots of great places to eat in the vecinity. Big and clean room, the staff members including the manager are very kind and polite and eager to help. I travelled with my two sons and I highly recomend staying here!!!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

It was very near Kamata station, and shops and restaurants were nearby. Just did not like the smell of the place. The smell of smoke got stuck in the hallways, the room and the elevator. But the staff was accommodating. I stayed a few days at Prince Hotel in Shinjuku and found that the rooms they offered in Hotel L Kamata was much more spacious! Even the toiletries they offered was more complete. They also had a microwave in the room. Affordable and good enough.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

The gentleman on the reception was lovely. Room was very clean and had everything we needed. Unfortunately it is a local 'love' hotel in a dangerous area. We stayed 1 night out of 3. There were hookers everywhere. During the night we awoke to the sounds of a woman being attacked in the alley next to the hotel. We checked out at first light, the staff gave us a full refund of the 2 nights we did not stay with them. Its a pity such a nice place is in such a shifty area.

• 30th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed staying there. The staff was very welcoming and helping, willing to assist with any problem or question you may have. The location is right next to JR Kamata station, which is really useful to move around. You even have a microwave if you want to heat up things and nearby there is a Don Quijote, which is a very large market with food and lots of other stuff. The price was very good considering the services, location and staff. I would love to go again there. Thank you, あっちゃん!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

This was great. A wonderful, affordable price for two people, and every amenity we could ask for and more. The staff were super helpful and kind about letting us leave our bags before and after checkout. Great location near the JR station so we could easily go wherever we needed to, and lots of cute, affordable cafes and restaurants nearby!

• 7th Aug 2014

We are very thaks for you to geive us your reputation.we are now renewal and our Hotel will changfe from Sep. If you cn get nerxt chace to visit Japan,we will great assist more.Looking forward to your happy life and success.

It's a good choice,we enjoyed the stay!

Staff very friendly and helpful

• 30th Jul 2014

Lovely staff :) not much English, but more than enough to communicate! Rooms had free wifi and air con which was just amazing!!!

We booked a double room for 8 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The staff is super friendly and helps out a lot. The room was cosy and had everything we need. The area is friendly and not as busy as in downtown Tokyo. We found delicious restaurants, big supermarkets and cafés. Kamata station is a 2 minutes walk and within 20 minutes you get to Tokyo station. Btw it is also an hours-hotels. This is why you can not check-in before 19h. Just leave your luggage in the lobby and explore Kamata.

It is a "love hotel" but we stayed for 11 nights and it was perfect. Right next to Kamata station, which is on several different metro lines, clean, nice bathroom and not too cramped. Staff were very friendly too. Air con was very effective and much needed. Would highly recommend.

Stayed here with my father during our time in Tokyo. Kamata station is roughly twenty minutes away from Tokyo station, but the hotel is so close to the station that it really wasn't a problem. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, albeit I had to use a lot of Japanese to speak with them. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable. There's a bus in the area that goes directly to Disney Resort that leaves in the morning for those interested. I would definitely stay there again.

Had great extras in the room. Loved the quality. My only complaint was that the room smelled heavily of cigarette smoke, and the wifi on the upper floors was very very poor quality. Other than that I loved the layout and the atmosphere made it feel homely.

• 20th Jun 2014

Please, change Nishi-Kamata in your address to Nishikamata. Google maps cannot find address with Nishi-Kamata in it.

Thank you for your advice to change our address,we couldn't find out that, we are happy that we have kindly guests for him to advice us. looking forward to your visiting again to Japan saoon.

Closer to Haneda Airport than Narita. Also close to JR Line. An area where the regular Japanese seem to live. Instead of touristy stores there are grocery stores & those selling household items. Plenty of restaurants. The staff spoke minimal English but were very pleasant. They made sure we all had umbrella when we left one rainy morning. Ample toiletries and a big tub to rinse out your laundry, but no place to hang them. Ample outlets for charging devices. A cold drink machine in the hall.