Hotel L Kamata Reviews

7-30-5 Nishi-Kamata, Oda-ku, Tokyo, Japan

A very normal average hotel. Nothing special whatsoever.

This hotel is last hotel that we found in that time, but it not last time we stay at this hotel. The hotel is really near Kamata station but it difficult to find at first time. The reception was great , someone can not speak English but she try to use the phone application to have the conversation with us. The room and bed was bigger than standard business hotel in Japan. It was clean and spotless,the bathroom was big but cold. The hotel provide all amenity we need.

• 15th Nov 2014
  • Thailand
  • Mixed Group, 41+

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was quite good. Plenty of places to eat and shop. We split a cab one night because it was past the last train and the staff helped with that too. We were also able to use our JR passes from their train stop. I got turned around trying to find it from the train station so I'd suggest they make very clear walking directions. It was literally 2 minute walk from the station. The room was much bigger than I expected and great value. Very clean.

• 8th Nov 2014

Great hotel, lovely and helpful staff, clean rooms ( we stayed there twice at start and end of trip) which were larger then the other western style hotel we had in Japan. The area is lively and location great, probably about equal to London zone 2.

The hotel was quite difficult to find. First impression was a small hotel. But.. when you come to the room, it is incredibly big. It is a hotel have biggest room out of 4 hotels that I stayed in Japan. And it has a massage chair in it, which is perfect suited after a long day with lots of walking.

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Vietnam
  • All Male Group, 31-40

This not even an actual hotel, it's a love hotel ! A crappy one ! We booked a non smoking room, but our room stinked cigarette ! The next day we changed room but it smelled weird You can't even open the window because it stinks fried food outside ! And it's SO noisy outside ! Even with the windows closed I do NOT recommend this hotel ! The only good point is that it's very close to the JR station, but it's still is quite far from downtown Tokyo, accessible by very crowded trains

• 31st Oct 2014

The only reason why we booked this hotel was because it was the last available hotel in town; it was not central, and was listed as a love hotel. So we expected a dull neighborhood and a shady hotel However, the neighborhood is lively with a strong Tokyo feel, the journey is only 20 minutes from Tokyo main station (by JR train!) and the rooms are quiet, clean and amazing! Our room was massive and included a 2 person bath and an enormous TV! Highly recommended, would stay here again.

Really good experience, highly recommendable! Staff was very helpful and polite. Conveniently close to Kamata station with a really good quality-price.

• 30th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Very well placed hotel under 5 minutes walk from JR Kamata station with good links to everywhere we wanted to go. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful at all times. There was always plenty of hot water for baths and showers and fresh towels whenever we wanted. The room included a fridge, kettle, microwave and TV. Internet access was good. We chose this hotel because it was close to where our son lives and would certainly use it again when we next visit and recommend to others

The bathroom smelled very moldy.

Good hotel but have a bit to comment , too big bathroom and toilet ,it take almost half space of room. bed should be bigger if the bathroom is smaller .I m from Thailand ,not big body person but I feel uncomforttable with this size of bed for two person .

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Thailand
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Lovely place to stay in Tokyo, great value, the staff was really nice and the place was really clean! Highly recommended after landing or before a flight as it is very closed to Haneda, even by bus.

I went there on my own for one week and did not regret it. The Rom was equipped with a Double bed, TV, DVD Player, hair dryer, Bath tub, "Special toilet", Waters Boiler for Tea, etc. and respective cuttlery. The Staff was extremely nice and helpful. When my Credit cards World not work at Thema ATMs on the First day, they Even Took me in their private car, so I could try out different banks in the area. However, there are primarily double-bed rooms, so Rather suitable for couples or good Friends.

Lovely place, ideal location. Only complaint is how much trouble we had finding it from the directions - they weren't quite as clear as they should have been.

I would recommend this hotel especially for the location. Super well connected to all main areas in Tokyo and located in a safe, quiet area. Very clean. We had also a very nice and spacious room (502). Definitely a good choice, we will come back for our last night!

Great place to stay, only a few steps from Kamata Terminal. Lots of great places to eat in the vecinity. Big and clean room, the staff members including the manager are very kind and polite and eager to help. I travelled with my two sons and I highly recomend staying here!!!

• 17th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

It was very near Kamata station, and shops and restaurants were nearby. Just did not like the smell of the place. The smell of smoke got stuck in the hallways, the room and the elevator. But the staff was accommodating. I stayed a few days at Prince Hotel in Shinjuku and found that the rooms they offered in Hotel L Kamata was much more spacious! Even the toiletries they offered was more complete. They also had a microwave in the room. Affordable and good enough.

• 12th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

The gentleman on the reception was lovely. Room was very clean and had everything we needed. Unfortunately it is a local 'love' hotel in a dangerous area. We stayed 1 night out of 3. There were hookers everywhere. During the night we awoke to the sounds of a woman being attacked in the alley next to the hotel. We checked out at first light, the staff gave us a full refund of the 2 nights we did not stay with them. Its a pity such a nice place is in such a shifty area.

• 30th Aug 2014

I really enjoyed staying there. The staff was very welcoming and helping, willing to assist with any problem or question you may have. The location is right next to JR Kamata station, which is really useful to move around. You even have a microwave if you want to heat up things and nearby there is a Don Quijote, which is a very large market with food and lots of other stuff. The price was very good considering the services, location and staff. I would love to go again there. Thank you, あっちゃん!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

This was great. A wonderful, affordable price for two people, and every amenity we could ask for and more. The staff were super helpful and kind about letting us leave our bags before and after checkout. Great location near the JR station so we could easily go wherever we needed to, and lots of cute, affordable cafes and restaurants nearby!

• 7th Aug 2014

We are very thaks for you to geive us your reputation.we are now renewal and our Hotel will changfe from Sep. If you cn get nerxt chace to visit Japan,we will great assist more.Looking forward to your happy life and success.