Hotel L Kamata Reviews

7-30-5 Nishi-Kamata, Oda-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Staff was very helpful and accommodating and Hotel L was in a great location. Very close to retaurants and shopping area. Also close walking distance to the train station.

• 25th Jan 2016

Easy to get to if you are an experienced traveller and understand rail systems. Area is inner city suburban, not very much English around which makes it harder to find somewhere to eat. Close to train station and supermarket. Good value for money. Room was clean, but the smell of cigarettes was very present. All good if you are a smoker, but if you are not, it's pretty overwhelming.

Great hotel a bit far from the center but the train station is close and can get you yo the main areas quick.

• 30th Dec 2015

The staff was extremely helpful and assisted me and my sister with coordinating shipping our luggage to our next destination. The staff was so friendly and provided us with excellent service!! I would definitely stay here again on my next trip back to Japan!

• 27th Dec 2015

Pleasant stay. Great staff, friendly and good service-minded. Spacious room which is hard to find in Tokyo. Only 4-5 minutes from JR Kamata station. I heard from many that it's a love hotel before but aside from the front of the building which it might be difficult to fix. Now it looks like they have gradually renovated the interior to become a normal hotel. I stayed on the smoking floor, the cigarette smell is severe at first but it got better after turning on the air purifier for a few hours.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

Great hotel located a VERY short distance from the Kamata train station, which is located on a line that takes you quickly to most central locations. Really friendly staff, the room was very comfortable. Would recommend to others to stay here.

• 26th Dec 2015

Very good value for cheap travelling Love the free adult channels.

Decent hotel at a decent rate. Clean and comfortable.

The exterior building is undergoing an upgrading program ... poor visibility of hotel sign board at night.

• 8th Oct 2015
  • Singapore

Great place if you are planning to set Tokyo as a base to explore Kamakura, Yokohama and other southern spots. Great Location. The fact that it is also a Love Hotel might be awkward for some people but I didn't mind.

The hostel is located only a 5 minutes walk from the subway. The rooms and bathroom are quite big and have all the necessary facilities. We appreciated there being a device for adding humidity to the air in the room. There are numerous shops nearby, and a grocery shop open 24 hours. The ventilation made quite some noise, so had to switch it off for the night.

Our room was immaculate and the staff were friendly and accommodating. Very close to the station, so the location is excellent as well. 10 out of 10, would hands down stay here again.

Nice spacious room. Hotel is surrounded by an entertainment/pink light district so if you can't handle being between izakayas/hostess clubs/massage parlors a different place is probably best. There was occasional noise from outside when drunk people would walk by but nothing I couldn't sleep through and I prefer the larger room even if the location isn't great.

It's a basic hotel but considering the price is not much more than a hostel dorm, it's great value for money. A clean, functional room with our own bath and shower. We were really impressed by the facilities - fridge, tea & coffee facilities, bottled water, very nice toiletries, hair straighteners! Our laundry was washed and dried for us in just a few hours for only 500yen! We arrived a day early unannounced and the staff were great - email communication was also prompt. Great stay!

Very clean and a wonderful cultural experience. I would stay again next time I visited Tokyo.

• 12th Aug 2015

Nice place. The view from the rooms is quite limited and can feel a bit locked in. Good value for money. Recommended.