Hotel La Madeleine Reviews

Rue de la Montagne 20-22, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

My booking said that the room included a "shared bathroom". In fact the so-called hotel does not have actually bathroom facilities, just a shared toilet, one for a whole stage. When I asked the staff about the existence of a shower, he was very very unfriendly. I tried to cancel my booking and make a complaint, the staff refused to give me a proper complaint book and started to act quite agressively. I would never recommend this place, even if someone just needs a place to sleep.

I am not picky when it comes to hotels, but the room I had for 2 nights at the Madeleine was quite a special experience. On the website it said sink in the room and shared bathroom on the floor, and it was only at the hotel that the staff told me I had NO ACCESS TO A SHOWER AT ALL. This is extremely unusual and should be pointed out.The bed was horrible, the closet didnt open because it didnt fit behind the bed, everything in the room was broken and/or stained. Staff was friendly enough though.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The big plus is the location. Two steps away from Grand Place and Central Station. The single, no shower/wc room is very very small. some repairs could be useful. the TV was working. The toilet, one for an entire floor, was clean at the moment. Had no idea were the shower was, there was no sign. I didn't need it as I stayed for a few hours, in between the flights. there's 30 min free internet when you check in, after that you have to pay. If you stay longer, try the rooms with facilities

Staff are quite arrogant. Excellent location but slightly overvalued.

The room was poorly cleaned, the floor was carpet and smelled really bad. I booked the single room with shared bathroom, but they didn't specify that the shared bathroom didn't have a shower. And the free wifi is just for 1 hour.