Hotel La Madeleine Reviews

Rue de la Montagne 20-22, 1000 Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

My booking said that the room included a "shared bathroom". In fact the so-called hotel does not have actually bathroom facilities, just a shared toilet, one for a whole stage. When I asked the staff about the existence of a shower, he was very very unfriendly. I tried to cancel my booking and make a complaint, the staff refused to give me a proper complaint book and started to act quite agressively. I would never recommend this place, even if someone just needs a place to sleep.

I am not picky when it comes to hotels, but the room I had for 2 nights at the Madeleine was quite a special experience. On the website it said sink in the room and shared bathroom on the floor, and it was only at the hotel that the staff told me I had NO ACCESS TO A SHOWER AT ALL. This is extremely unusual and should be pointed out.The bed was horrible, the closet didnt open because it didnt fit behind the bed, everything in the room was broken and/or stained. Staff was friendly enough though.

• 22nd Sep 2014

The big plus is the location. Two steps away from Grand Place and Central Station. The single, no shower/wc room is very very small. some repairs could be useful. the TV was working. The toilet, one for an entire floor, was clean at the moment. Had no idea were the shower was, there was no sign. I didn't need it as I stayed for a few hours, in between the flights. there's 30 min free internet when you check in, after that you have to pay. If you stay longer, try the rooms with facilities

Staff are quite arrogant. Excellent location but slightly overvalued.

The room was poorly cleaned, the floor was carpet and smelled really bad. I booked the single room with shared bathroom, but they didn't specify that the shared bathroom didn't have a shower. And the free wifi is just for 1 hour.

The receptionist was friendly and helpful Near to the central station. Easy for transport.

• 20th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

The hotel is located in the heart of the city, which is great! I think that is why the rooms are rather expensive even though they do not offer many facilities. I had a very small room with just a bed and a sink inside. The mattress was VERY soft, and the tv was not working. I booked a room without toilet and shower, but the receptionist let me use the shower in another room, which was very nice!! Overall good location if you want to stay in the city center and do not need a lot of comfort

I stayed in a single room without own toilet/shower - it did, however, have a sink and the toilet was not far away. It was good value for money in a top location and the staff were super friendly. I would stay here again.

I had single room with no wc/shower and their was no common shower. I had to to arrange with staff to use get access to other rooms to have a shower, which was frustrating at times as I could only have acces in the morning when people have checked out. Good location thou!