Hotel Las Nubes Reviews

Florida 683, Salta, Argentina

Your money is welcome, your backpack is not. The husband is helpful, the wife is surly and resentful. Other 'tells' that this is not a proper traveller's hostal (but one for locals) include the 10am checkout with the manageress chasing me out of the room at 9:55am. No area to chat and meet other travellers. Minimal breakfast. No place to store your backpack for the day after you've checked out. Mostly Argentinians staying and only Spanish spoken. It not cater for global budget travellers.

I think the place should be in the hotel category as the name stated. There is no pantry or kitchen although I may not need to cook. Got to thanks the son of the owner helping me fill the forms for money transfer after my bag was stolen in Chile. Unfortunately could not get through because there was foreign currency control in Argentina. Salta la Linda.

The hostels slightly out of the town centre, although buses do seem to pass by. The room was clean but a bit overpriced (compared to other places we've stayed in) and the woman who recieved us was a bit confused, bordering on unfriendly: one moment she was annoyed, the next she made an attempt at helping us... The owner seemed nice though, although we didn´t seem much of him. Breakfast is included but not too satisfying.

• 14th Sep 2015