Hotel Le Grillon Reviews

2 Rue Thiergarten, Strasbourg, France

Hello, I do not like to leave a negative feedback however I like to leave honest feedback. Reception staff upon arrival seemed to be bothered to receive us as guests. I like to feel welcomed. The room was generous and clean. Facilities good. Departing reception staff friendly and helpful. Breakfast v. good for continental breakfast. Thank you for listening.

• 28th Feb 2014

I stayed with a friend for one night during our mid-term holidays when we were on Erasmus in France. The hotel is a two minute walk from the train station on a quiet street. Simple, clean and comfortable rooms. Very close to Strasbourg City Centre, including the amazing cathedral, tram stops, bars and restaurants. Staff were all lovely, we didn't get to try the bar downstairs but it looked pretty good. I would highly recommend and would have happily stayed for longer.

• 23rd Feb 2014

Misleading statements of 'car parking'. We booked this hotels because the hotel said parking was available... and they were simply referring to paid public parking... not very happy.

The hotel is close to the train station and close to the city center. The water pressure was fine. Place is a quiet.

good staff and good breackfast, good link with public transportation

• 28th Dec 2013

Really happy with this hotel. Really close from train station and walking distance from city center.

We loved Hotel Le Grillon! Our room had everything we needed - the bed was really nice and comfortable. Good and clean bathroom. The staff were also very friendly. Great location, less than 5 mins walk from the train station, and close to all major destinations.

• 24th Dec 2013

The overall experience is good, but just one little thing they need to pay attention at. When i went to the reception, there was a staff sitting at the reception. i said 'hi' to him, he ignored me, i said 'excuse me'. He looked at me, and i said the wifi didn't work. He told me (with a black face)that he is not a receptionist, and he will pass the message to the receptionist, then the receptionist came. He chat with the receptionist but he didn't mention about the wifi (i know a bit french)

Pleasantly surprised - room was much bigger than expected and had been recently refurbished. Bathroom was roomy and everything was clean. Had no issues with noise from other rooms or from the street - great experience here! Super close to the train station and a quick walk into the old town.

My stay at Hotel le Grillon was pretty good. There was a lot of construction going on at the hotel, which meant staying in the room for any length during the day was out of the question. The staff was very nice, and they let me stay the day I was leaving because my train wasn't until late. All in all it was a good experience, but it will be even better when the construction is done!