Hotel Liberia Reviews

Calle Real, Liberia, Costa Rica

Water didn't work. Fan barely worked. Uncomfortable stay. Didn't even have a hammock???

Better than expected, especially for the price. It's a quiet oasis in the middle of town. Tourist center is conveniently at the end of the block. Easy access to secure parking included.

The staff are great. Smiling and very helpful. Doesn't look like much from the street but inside is very pleasant.

• 9th Mar 2015

I didn't spend much time in the hotel since I was there for only one night. Everything was acceptable without problems. The cathedral bells woke me at 05:00 am, but it was Ash Wednesday and not the hotel's fault. :)

Jorge forgot to reserve our accomdation for one night and we were forced to stay down the street. And then he forgot to call our airport taxi the next morning. Great facility, friendly staff, clean but it comes at a Pura Vida pace.

• 16th Feb 2015

Even if the Lonely Planet did not write a single nice word about this hostel (we didn't really get why), we were totally positively surprised when we got there. The rooms are really simple but clean and the hotel was nice! The staff was quite helpful and even if Liberia is not the place to go to, we felt comfortable at this hotel! Definitely try the restaurant two doors right, it is perfect! We had a really good night at the Liberia Hostel!!

Little noisy in the morning... The room was clean and the breakfast was excellent !

• 1st Feb 2015

Very clean, nice, relaxing place. Staff are accommodating and speak great English. Unfortunately Liberia is a bit of a drab so this stopover is good for about one day/night only to catch up on emails, finances, etc. The staff is welcoming enough to let you lounge in their lobby all afternoon and take advantage of the nice afternoon breeze.

Loved my stay! The staff was so lovely and friendly and always happy to help with whatever you need. The room was simple but clean and had everything I could have wanted - except hot water, which I actually wasn't expecting. Other than that I loved my stay and would definitely recommend the place to others!

This place was very nice . For thé price you paid : its gréât ! We were very well welcome . Beautiful place ( garden , réception , restaurant , ... ) Thé Room was Clean but one bed : the mattress was not so fantastic . Close To thé downtown : very cute a d convenient . Was quiet . Very good food . Nice drink . I was very happy to finish my trip by That place . Thé casado pescado was huge plate That i could not finish and good ! I recommand this place . And we Walk From thé bus.

• 5th Jan 2015

Great staff that were really helpful. But the best thing for me was the restaurant food, gourmet delicious and well presented. I'd stay here again.

• 28th Dec 2014