Hotel Liberia Reviews

Calle Real, Liberia, Costa Rica

Good hostel, cheap and okay for what you get. Strong points: cheap, nice staff, pretty lobby, good food at the restaurant. Weak points: No air conditionning in a tiny room when it's 35 degrees makes it hard to sleep well. One cockroach in the room but that is to be expected. Nothing much to do in Liberia, ok for a 1 night stay.

I find this hotel slightly pricey but the staff is very friendly, the rooms are small but clean, it feels safe and the location is great.

• 13th Jun 2014

beds were not comfy at all

There was barely enough water to shower and the room was only big enough for the bed. But other than that it was a very centrally located place, near the central park, within easy walking distance to everything. It was quiet and peaceful. The restaurant was decently priced, and everyone was super friendly. There are plants in the common area, and it doesn't feel like you are in a bustling city. Overall I would recommend it.

• 22nd May 2014

You get what you paid for. It was adequate.

It was an alright hostel. It had a cute and tasty restaurant, but my tiny private felt a bit like a prison cell with grey walls and nothing on the walls, except a mirror which was nice to have. The bathroom wasn't the cleanest but was ok. The staff was very nice though and I'd stay there again if I had to stay in Liberia again.

• 1st May 2014

Nice place, don't know about the food if it's good... The beds in the dorm are so old that it could dosen't have any matress and it would feel the same... I just past a night there and i'm not shure if I would have search for an other place. For the rest it was good, clean, calm, nice personnel...

• 21st Apr 2014

I love staying at the Hotel Liberia. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant prices, service and food was some of the best I had in Costa Rica. The location is perfect, a half block from the central square it is handy to many restaurants, bank and shops, plus easy access to buses both from and to the Liberia airport. Chock full of character, the only thing missing is air-conditioning, but extra fans are available upon request. Great value for the price!

• 4th Apr 2014

According to my emails I had a private room booked. When I arrived they said it was a dorm. I luckily could book another room. On email they said the Airport transfer was 18$. the sign on the wall said $25, so I got a taxi for $16. I asked for a taxi to be called for 5 am, and the people at the desk the night before assured me it would be. When I went to the desk it was a different person and he had no idea. Not impressed.

• 31st Mar 2014

Give better (more detailed) directions on hostelworld and your website. I got completely lost coming.

The Matresses in the Dorm were thinner than thin. Better bring an additional airmatress or sth. Atmosphere and location s great though.

• 3rd Mar 2014

Coffee maker in room was a two pod maker with two coffee cups but only one coffee pod was available. Strange. Even though I had paid a deposit they tried to charge me the full price for the night, Fortunately I had my confirmation with me. Actually there was nothing wrong wiith the hotel but first impressions stick.

We reserved double private room. At first they put us in a disaster room just on the entrance of the hotel (not the one we reserved). The room was like basement with bed and shower, there were insects everywere.. After complaining they told that hotel is overbooked, but then they gave us a room which was a little better. Not recomended!