Hotel Liberia Reviews

Calle Real, Liberia, Costa Rica

I love staying at the Hotel Liberia. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant prices, service and food was some of the best I had in Costa Rica. The location is perfect, a half block from the central square it is handy to many restaurants, bank and shops, plus easy access to buses both from and to the Liberia airport. Chock full of character, the only thing missing is air-conditioning, but extra fans are available upon request. Great value for the price!

• 4th Apr 2014

According to my emails I had a private room booked. When I arrived they said it was a dorm. I luckily could book another room. On email they said the Airport transfer was 18$. the sign on the wall said $25, so I got a taxi for $16. I asked for a taxi to be called for 5 am, and the people at the desk the night before assured me it would be. When I went to the desk it was a different person and he had no idea. Not impressed.

• 31st Mar 2014

Give better (more detailed) directions on hostelworld and your website. I got completely lost coming.

The Matresses in the Dorm were thinner than thin. Better bring an additional airmatress or sth. Atmosphere and location s great though.

• 3rd Mar 2014

Coffee maker in room was a two pod maker with two coffee cups but only one coffee pod was available. Strange. Even though I had paid a deposit they tried to charge me the full price for the night, Fortunately I had my confirmation with me. Actually there was nothing wrong wiith the hotel but first impressions stick.

We reserved double private room. At first they put us in a disaster room just on the entrance of the hotel (not the one we reserved). The room was like basement with bed and shower, there were insects everywere.. After complaining they told that hotel is overbooked, but then they gave us a room which was a little better. Not recomended!

This is a good hotel and the staff is excellent, but travellers should know that a "private" room is not nessarily that. We booked two privates and when we got there, we were shown dorm beds. Maybe they had given away the private rooms? But they knew we were arriving late....

• 25th Jan 2014

Nice courtyard, staff is helpful and smily. Only downside is the room's temperature, no A/C, small rooms. HAd to keep the doors open for a part of the night. Excellent location.

We had a good stay at the Hotel Liberia. We would stay again and the food was excellant. And you can drink the water.

• 13th Jan 2014

We had a great stay, the only thing that surprised us is they cleaned the room without telling us, but having said that everything else was great

• 13th Jan 2014

Warm and welcoming hostel for one night. Great drinks made on site and perfect for a one night stay in Liberia.

three blocks from bus stop in a quiet part of town. . atmosphere was wonderful. food was excellant very safe enviroment to be in. good value for your money if on a budget. would recommend this hostel highly.

• 3rd Jan 2014

We really like the hotel, the room were clean and pretty, plus the food and cocktail at the resto was delicious. Only if you stay for a few days you gonna miss the pool...But theres an option at the Casa del papel 5$ to acces the pool.

I only stayed the one night at Hotel Liberia and would definitely stay again. It has a warm ambiance, good food and it's also very clean. The short time that I was there, the staff were very helpful, reliable and friendly. Highly recommended.

• 30th Dec 2013

Hotel Liberia was a positive experience. It was clean and in good condition. Everything worked well. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location was also good, almost in the centre.Only negative thing was the lack of hot water.

Staff friendly and helpful.

• 7th Dec 2013

Super friendly and informative staff, reasonable prices, great food and service. So the rooms and facilities (all clean and working) are a bit basic but at this price what's not to like?

• 25th Nov 2013

Be aware that if you book the US$13 a night single private room with shared bathroom as advertised on hostel world, this room doesn't exist! I booked it but when I arrived I was told I couldn't stay in that room (no explanation really) and was put in a 'dorm' (really just a 3bed private) on my own. Also the beds are very uncomfortable because the mattresses are too big for the bed frame and dip down in the middle so it feels like you are lying right on the bed base ouch!

Our first night and first time in Costa Rica was graced with a welcome from the Hotel Liberia which opened their kitchen on our late arrival and fed us after a long day of flying so that we didn't have to go to bed hungry. We met the owner which was a nice addition. Next morning we had a delicious breakfast and then walked the town. The hotel is central and safe, the facilities quite adequate and clean. We loved the lobby restaurant which is open to a small court yard.

• 15th Nov 2013

This was my second stay at the hotel. Last year I spent two weeks there, and this year, three weeks. Great location approximately 1/2 block from the central park and a block away from a nice heladoria (ice cream parlor). Hotel has a nice little cafe area with pretty good food. The best thing about any place, tho', is its staff. The Hotel Liberia certainly has that. Rod Stoik