Hotel Liberia

Very Good 212 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 212 Total Reviews

2nd May 2017

My stay at this hotel was pleasant and relaxing. One thing I especially liked my stay here is the location of the hotel. You step into the street, and suddenly you feel like the the whole neigborhood is glad to see you. Really, I am not making this up. The people in Liberia are very welcoming. Thanks to the staff at the hotel and the local people, my Spanish improved and so did my happiness . Pura Vida!

30th Apr 2017

The staff was really great. Very nice and helpful. I had asked about renting a car one night; the next day they called up several companies so I could compare the rates. I was even giving some tips regarding navigation and advice on what to see. Really wonderful experience in all.

17th Mar 2017

Hotel Liberia was a charming, comfortable, and welcoming place to rest from the exhaustion of an entire day of traveling. Expect to share the baño with all other guests, especially timing-wise, and you'll appreciate the experience all the more. Be open to the sights and sounds of Liberia, and you will sleep well. Didn't get a chance to enjoy the food at the café, yet it looked and smelled wonderful!

20th Feb 2017

Super friendly/helpful staff, great location, good price, EXCELLENT food.

• England, Couple, 41+
10th Jan 2017
7.4

Ok for a quick stop on en-route.

31st Dec 2016
8.0

Beautiful hotel with shady courtyard. Dorms were small (only 3-4 people!) and outfitted exclusively with twin beds (no top bunking!). On the downside, they did not have lockers. To prevent security problems, each person staying in the room was given a key to lock their dorm room. Once, when the staff went into my room, they neglected to lock the door behind them. Staff also moved one guest's belongings between rooms without giving her a head's up.

30th Dec 2016

If your looking for a hostel near the airport this is your place. cab ride from airport is about $10 person and is about 15 min. The staff is FANTASTIC and very helpful. We needed assistance booking a shuttle from Liberia to la fortuna and George went above and beyond. The restaurant is VERY good and the price is on point. I highly recommend staying here!!!! Rooms are clean and the bed is a bed , for one night stay, especially if you want to be near the airport

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Dec 2016
3.7

- Broken window, very loud outside and woke up several times - Broken door knob, it would come off and not properly open the door - Disgusting, dirty bathroom - Some kind of animal/bird walked all over the tin roof the the crack of dawn. Could not sleep, so loud. Horrible wakeup call when we needed rest. Do not rent this hoste, horrible facility and food. Cheap and a waste of money. Spend the money to go somewhere else.

• swalding2488
  • Australia, Couple, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
10th Dec 2016
7.4

Decent option close to center of town, but NO HOT WATER. Room was reasonably clean, nice courtyard to sit in. Resteraunt was mediocre and poor value. Breakfast was poor, two slices of white toast and an egg and some jam (plus tea and coffee). I would go elsewhere next time.

• nmetcalfe9676
  • England, Female, 25-30
10th Dec 2016
4.6

Was not overly impressed staying here, I booked a private single room with shared bathroom and it clearly stated on my booking I was in a private. Upon arrival I asked about the free breakfast but was told that it didn't apply to me because I was staying in the hostel part as my room shared a bathroom. Yes when booking it says free breakfast didn't apply to DORMITORY bookings but my booking stated private. The hostel part was exceedingly dirty and dingy compared to the rest of the lush hotel.