Hotel Liberia Reviews

Calle Real, Liberia, Costa Rica

Very tiny room and bathroom. Room acts like an oven. Nice and breezy outside, painfully hot inside with a fan that does absolutely nothing. Cancelled our second night because it was just too uncomfortable. Nice, helpful staff though.

The staff, especially Melany was wonderful. She really helped me sort out stuff. The room was not very attractive, but it was clean and servicable.

My stay was great. It was a quick mil can ride from the bus station. It was within walking distance to a supermarket. I really enjoyed my stay here!

• 5th Jul 2015

I paid almost $30USD for a small room with bathroom and they gave me the room at the very end of the hallway where the internet doesn't reach so I had to get out of my room to access the internet... I think if they charge that price, they can afford a signal booster so that ALL the rooms have internet access.

Clean rooms but bathrooms are quite cramped and tiny. Overhead fan helps with the heat. We ate dinner and food was tasty and good value. Wifi worked well in the bedroom and public areas. 5 min walk from where the tico bus drops you off. 2 min to taxi rank near main square.

It's a bit tough of a place to review. The location in the city of Liberia is great, but the city is just not that great to be in. We stayed there just for a night before flying out. The hotel itself was nice enough, pretty clean. Very small room but we're used to it. No cooling, but we're also used to it too. No hot water in the shower, but it was warm enough that it actually felt good (the water just isn't that cold). Staff was super nice and hotel food was good. There is parking.

Water didn't work. Fan barely worked. Uncomfortable stay. Didn't even have a hammock???

Better than expected, especially for the price. It's a quiet oasis in the middle of town. Tourist center is conveniently at the end of the block. Easy access to secure parking included.

The staff are great. Smiling and very helpful. Doesn't look like much from the street but inside is very pleasant.

• 9th Mar 2015