Hotel Majestic Essaoiura Reviews

40 Derb Laalouj Essaouira, 44000, Essaouira, Morocco

Room was a good standard for budget accommodation. Difficult to find - suggest paying a local to guide you there. We had a double bed and also a single. Dbl bed was in good condition but single bed was wonky/broken (we only used to sit our bags on). Owner was okay. Wifi worked although we had to sit near to reception to get good signal. Location great - in best part of medina and 5 mins walk from fantastic beach. Showers look a bit horrible but work ok. Toilets disgusting. Well worth a visit.

Well, although one of the staff members was really nice, another was intent on cheating me. When I first arrived, he charged me the full amount in dhms (even though a deposit had already been paid online) and refused to accept anything less. Eventually I just paid it because I didn't want to argue, and he was pretending not to understand me. So they are dishonest. Also the bed sheets are dirty and they don't have toilet paper.

• 12th Jul 2013

Expensive & filthy. We paid 150DH for a dusty dirty double room. One of the shared showers didn't work, the other had no lock on the door. The toilet hasn't been cleaned in 100 years, the smell was absolutely unbearable. We stayed the night, and checked out at dawn. Found another place just 100 metres away, luxurious in comparison and for only 100DH a night.

Staff is very gentle. We felt comfortable.