Hotel Majestic Reviews

4, rue du Cheval Blanc, Montpellier, France

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Clean and comfortable, the staff are incredibly kind and helpful. Would recommend.

• 13th Aug 2013

The staffs were very hospitable and friendly. The triple room was very comfortable to sleep in. The hotel has a beautiful appearance. The location is perfect since the two metro stations were within walking distance. However, the residents in the neighbouring buildings of the hotel were very noisy at night especially with their loud music. Furthermore, I could hear motocycle joy riders and motorists beeping their horns at 2am. But apart from the dreadful noise, the hotel is brilliant.

Rooms are fairly basic and a bit old fashioned but hotel is very central and staff were helpful and friendly.

The shower leaked badly and the room is really tiny, but the real issue was that the front desk lady told us that there was only one key so we had to return it each time we left. The next morning the maid walked into our room when we were laying in bed naked and when I asked the front desk she said it was because their spare key was in the spot. Very disappointed with this hotel, it was my one day to sleep in on a 15 day trip. Also don't get their breakfast, it was stale bread and cereal.

• 23rd Jul 2013

A good choice of low budget accommodation.

Location could not be better. Fantastic restaurants, boulangeries, 3 tram stops and the main square all within 5 minutes walk. Clean and well presented. Helpful staff. Great value for money.

• 19th Jul 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff who speak good English and know a lot about the area. Just a shame the bathroom was a little cramped and not very airy but otherwise a lovely stay.

The owner of the hotel was very arrogant, lied frequently and did his best to avoid acknowledging and correcting problems that I brought to his attention. This included claiming that it was a police decree to give him my passport and feigning surprise when I told him that no electrical appliances (even ones provided by the hotel) worked because there were no electrical sockets in my room. After making a big fuss about the latter, an extension cord with a power board was brought to my room.

• 7th Jul 2013

The hostel is situated quite good, but the street is hiden. But when I came with my big bag I had to go to the 4th floor (there's no lift in the hostel). In my room there were no ligths, so I had to come down and ask to fix it. It was done quite fast. There were no bath room on my floor, so I had to go to the 3th floor.

Nice budget hotel very close to the main square in Montpellier. Easy to find, just 10 minute walk from train station. Booked a twin private room and was very pleased. Nice big room and a tv. Bed was comfortable and clean. Good shower too. Overall good place to stay in Montpellier

The hostel was overall good but be careful if you select the 3 bed room. We were put in a two bed room, with one big bed. On the second night, we got a second bed but only after asking on the first night. Don't count on much noise insulation from the outside. Also watch out for the child thieves at the tram stop! The hostel people won't warn you about them. The pillows suck like in every hostel but the mattresses were good.

Thin walls you hear everything what is happening in the neighbouring rooms and in the street

Such a great location. More of a hotel than a hostel, but it was a nice break to have some privacy and space after staying in a few hostels. Also a great value for the money!!!

When I arrived the hostel and I realised that my room was in the fourth floor...I ask if there was lift for going up because I had a really heavy suitcase. The staff man asked me if my bag was heavy...I thought he was going to help me to carry the bag...but instead he continue speaking by telephone. I didn't understand why he ask if it is heavy if he is not going to help me.

• 8th Jun 2013
  • Spain

Not exactly the most value for money, but it seems like it's hard to get a cheap or affordable hostel/hotel in Montpellier. Staff upgraded our room to a larger one for free, which was great! Really really spacious room, and lots of pillows for each person.

It's not a hostel, but a value-for-money hotel. If you are looking for a well-located, clean, quite, secure place to stay close the the main square, Majestic is the place to be. If you are looking for a party hostel, then you won't find what you are looking for and chances are good that you will bother other people with your noise. Late-night reception and 24 hours staff (night guard). I did not try the breakfast, but it looked good. I would recommend this place to other travellers.

More like a budget hotel than a hostel. Everything was clean, the staff were friendly and its in the perfect location in montpellier near to shops, bars and cafes.

Great place for a short stay in Montpellier

It was a good budget hotel, no bells and whistles. It was in the perfect location to explore Montpellier, 5 minutes from the train station and a few steps from the main Place de la Comédie. The room was very simple but it was all we needed. For what we paid a night we couldn't really expect any more. The bathroom was nice and big and clean. The staff were very friendly. Perfect for what we needed it for.

The night staff were very friendly and helpful