Hotel Majestic Reviews

4, rue du Cheval Blanc, Montpellier, France

We stayed here only one night, but this place was nice. Our room (3 bed) was clean and big, staff was friendly. Location was good in the old town area and walking distance to train station. Overall, hotel was as expected. Only negative thing was with wifi. They had complicated system to log in to network, and with my phone (Nokia Lumia 800) it didn't work. Although, there is one computer, so this wasn't a big thing. However, if the free wifi is provided, it would be nice that it also work.

Good location, and staff are nice, but very expensive for what is provided. Would be a lot nicer if it was cleaner.

adequate for the night. If you are looking for other people to socialise with somewhere else may be better.

served it's purpose.

Overall my experience at Hotel Majestic were good however the toilet was not working on my floor and was covered in multiple forms of body fluids and the toilet on the floor under me was overflowing. These are to be expected when staying in a hostel but are still frustrating.

the hostel atmosphere was average, nothing amazing. nice staff. the only real thing going for it was location and as I was catching the train the next morning, this was perfect walking distance.

We loved it. The staff were very lovely and Very VERY helpful.

• 17th Sep 2013

The beds (matrasses) are already a little bit old. I marked the atmosphere with poor but I also wasn't looking for a nice atmosphere so don't worry about that.

• 9th Sep 2013

This little hotel was in the perfect location - though Montpellier seems quite small in general. Our room was large and had a modern bathroom, everything was very clean. Breakfast not included but getting a coffee with pastry on the street is so simple and cheap that I can't say that it was a negative. Lovely, kind staff. Slept with the windows closed due to fairly noisy neighbors but not too bad. Great place we will be back!

safe location, WiFi, large room

• 23rd Aug 2013

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Clean and comfortable, the staff are incredibly kind and helpful. Would recommend.

• 13th Aug 2013

The staffs were very hospitable and friendly. The triple room was very comfortable to sleep in. The hotel has a beautiful appearance. The location is perfect since the two metro stations were within walking distance. However, the residents in the neighbouring buildings of the hotel were very noisy at night especially with their loud music. Furthermore, I could hear motocycle joy riders and motorists beeping their horns at 2am. But apart from the dreadful noise, the hotel is brilliant.

Rooms are fairly basic and a bit old fashioned but hotel is very central and staff were helpful and friendly.

The shower leaked badly and the room is really tiny, but the real issue was that the front desk lady told us that there was only one key so we had to return it each time we left. The next morning the maid walked into our room when we were laying in bed naked and when I asked the front desk she said it was because their spare key was in the spot. Very disappointed with this hotel, it was my one day to sleep in on a 15 day trip. Also don't get their breakfast, it was stale bread and cereal.

• 23rd Jul 2013

A good choice of low budget accommodation.

Location could not be better. Fantastic restaurants, boulangeries, 3 tram stops and the main square all within 5 minutes walk. Clean and well presented. Helpful staff. Great value for money.

• 19th Jul 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff who speak good English and know a lot about the area. Just a shame the bathroom was a little cramped and not very airy but otherwise a lovely stay.

The owner of the hotel was very arrogant, lied frequently and did his best to avoid acknowledging and correcting problems that I brought to his attention. This included claiming that it was a police decree to give him my passport and feigning surprise when I told him that no electrical appliances (even ones provided by the hotel) worked because there were no electrical sockets in my room. After making a big fuss about the latter, an extension cord with a power board was brought to my room.

• 7th Jul 2013

The hostel is situated quite good, but the street is hiden. But when I came with my big bag I had to go to the 4th floor (there's no lift in the hostel). In my room there were no ligths, so I had to come down and ask to fix it. It was done quite fast. There were no bath room on my floor, so I had to go to the 3th floor.

Nice budget hotel very close to the main square in Montpellier. Easy to find, just 10 minute walk from train station. Booked a twin private room and was very pleased. Nice big room and a tv. Bed was comfortable and clean. Good shower too. Overall good place to stay in Montpellier