Hotel Majestic Reviews

4, rue du Cheval Blanc, Montpellier, France

I had a single private room on the highest floor for one night. Very simple (bed, table, small TV, sink) but sufficient for just sleeping. Nicely silent as the room was located to the backyard. Toilet on same floor, but very small. Further toilet and showers only on the second floor. Location in old town perfect. One of the main trams only 3min from the Hostel.

• 5th Dec 2013

Not a very fancy hotel, but it's not expensive and the staff is incredibly friendly. Would definitely return here.

• 27th Nov 2013

In fact, I didn't stay at this hotel because I cancelled the reservation in last minute.

• 13th Nov 2013
  • China

We stayed here only one night, but this place was nice. Our room (3 bed) was clean and big, staff was friendly. Location was good in the old town area and walking distance to train station. Overall, hotel was as expected. Only negative thing was with wifi. They had complicated system to log in to network, and with my phone (Nokia Lumia 800) it didn't work. Although, there is one computer, so this wasn't a big thing. However, if the free wifi is provided, it would be nice that it also work.

Good location, and staff are nice, but very expensive for what is provided. Would be a lot nicer if it was cleaner.

adequate for the night. If you are looking for other people to socialise with somewhere else may be better.

served it's purpose.

Overall my experience at Hotel Majestic were good however the toilet was not working on my floor and was covered in multiple forms of body fluids and the toilet on the floor under me was overflowing. These are to be expected when staying in a hostel but are still frustrating.

the hostel atmosphere was average, nothing amazing. nice staff. the only real thing going for it was location and as I was catching the train the next morning, this was perfect walking distance.

We loved it. The staff were very lovely and Very VERY helpful.

• 17th Sep 2013

The beds (matrasses) are already a little bit old. I marked the atmosphere with poor but I also wasn't looking for a nice atmosphere so don't worry about that.

• 9th Sep 2013

This little hotel was in the perfect location - though Montpellier seems quite small in general. Our room was large and had a modern bathroom, everything was very clean. Breakfast not included but getting a coffee with pastry on the street is so simple and cheap that I can't say that it was a negative. Lovely, kind staff. Slept with the windows closed due to fairly noisy neighbors but not too bad. Great place we will be back!

safe location, WiFi, large room

• 23rd Aug 2013

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Clean and comfortable, the staff are incredibly kind and helpful. Would recommend.

• 13th Aug 2013

The staffs were very hospitable and friendly. The triple room was very comfortable to sleep in. The hotel has a beautiful appearance. The location is perfect since the two metro stations were within walking distance. However, the residents in the neighbouring buildings of the hotel were very noisy at night especially with their loud music. Furthermore, I could hear motocycle joy riders and motorists beeping their horns at 2am. But apart from the dreadful noise, the hotel is brilliant.

Rooms are fairly basic and a bit old fashioned but hotel is very central and staff were helpful and friendly.

The shower leaked badly and the room is really tiny, but the real issue was that the front desk lady told us that there was only one key so we had to return it each time we left. The next morning the maid walked into our room when we were laying in bed naked and when I asked the front desk she said it was because their spare key was in the spot. Very disappointed with this hotel, it was my one day to sleep in on a 15 day trip. Also don't get their breakfast, it was stale bread and cereal.

• 23rd Jul 2013

A good choice of low budget accommodation.

Location could not be better. Fantastic restaurants, boulangeries, 3 tram stops and the main square all within 5 minutes walk. Clean and well presented. Helpful staff. Great value for money.

• 19th Jul 2013

Very friendly, helpful staff who speak good English and know a lot about the area. Just a shame the bathroom was a little cramped and not very airy but otherwise a lovely stay.