Hotel Marial Reviews

77 rue de la Grotte, Lourdes, France

Not very clean place.

• 29th Jun 2015
  • Portugal

I have e-mailed this place several times about cancelation, and they never got back to me. They then proceeded to charge me after not returning any of my e-mails (and it was over 24 hours in advance.) Very unprofessional!!

• 20th Jun 2015

I was very happy with my stay. The room was clean, the staff were friendly and overall good value for money.

The only inconvenience was the bathroom shower that broke down that night we didnt have time to tell you cz we were really in a hurry and it was only one night.

Great hostel for 20 Euros a night. Staff is friendly but does not speak a ton of English. Not a big deal though.

• 27th May 2015

Excellent location and friendly staff. We really enjoyed our experience.

The staff were very friendly and made sure we had everything we needed! For the price we paid, we had a great stay at this hotel. Very close to the sanctuary (about 5 minutes by foot) and about 15 minutes from the train station. Only downside was that the wifi didn't reach all the way to our room so we used it in the lobby. But it wasn't really inconvenient as we were out most of the time.

This hotel is older and needs some updates. The staff was very helpful and accessible. I had a single room and it was cozy. Wish the shower had been stationary on the wall. Linens and towels were clean and provided by hotel. The location of this hotel was the best part of the deal. The place is in the center of town and 7 minute walk from grotto and church. Small elevator helps. Few steps from city bus that can take you to the train in less than 10 mins. Would stay there again.

This hostel was extremely unclean and poorly kept. The bathroom ceiling leaked and the shower was extremely unpractical, it had only a hose and there was Mildew growing on the tiles. The sheets and blankets were stained and so old that they've probably never been replaced. We found a bug in our bed and none of the outlets in the room worked. The entire place smelled like smoke even though they had no smoking signs everywhere and they didn't provide pillows. I wouldn't reccomend staying here.

• 12th Apr 2015

The guy and girl who run it are extremely nice and helpful! It was a nice break from the crappy hostels we have been staying at. Comfy bed and great location! Great stay!

It was clean and comfortable. The staff were pleasant.WiFi only available in reception area.if you want a cheap room near the sanctuary it is good value for money but don't expect a beautiful room. The shower was nice and hot and powerful. I would go back.no plugs in bedroom. I ended up plugging things (phone charger etc) in in bathroom which was unsafe but my choice to do so as otherwise I couldn't have managed.

• 7th Mar 2015