Hotel Martello Reviews

Piazzale Mezzacapo 3, Marghera, Venice, Italy

The wifi was spotty but other than that, the stay was great.

• 30th Oct 2015

The woman at the front desk was EXTREMELY helpful. She gave us a map and showed us the bus routes we needed to take to get to and from Venice. She was very accommodating and friendly.

This hotel was very good value. Only a short walk to the bus stop for the bus to Venice and the train station. The hotelier was very helpful and provided an excellent map and information about the transport to Venice. Very nice bathroom.

The hostel was on the mainland but in an excellent location - very close to a bus that goes to the island for 1.50Euro. It is also approx. 500m from the train station which is nice. To get to the hotel from Marco Polo airport - if you are coming in after 9pm the bus that is listed on the hotel website doesn't run. So you will have to take the shuttle which is approximately 7Euros each way. When there is no traffic the commute to the train station is about 10-15mins All in all, very good!

• 7th Oct 2015

The bed was very uncomfortable.There was no shower curtain in the bathroom and water went everywhere when I took a shower.The rooms need updating.

Great stay, great host. Can't complain. An option for hot breakfast would have been nice but definitely didn't affect my experience!

Just a quick stay for one night but the room was big and clean. Very convenient for Mestre station and geting to Venice!

Great hotel, would highly recommend! The location is excellent, only a 2 minute walk to the station then 10 mins on the train into venice centre! Train only costs €1.50 as well! The room & bathroom were spacious & immaculatly clean! The host at the hotel was lovely & give us all the information we needed upon arrival without us even needing to ask! This hotel was great value for money as well, would definitely stay here again!

Very lovely stay! The woman who runs it is very hospitable, speaks good English and went out of her way to make sure we knew how best to get into Venice economically. Breakfast is plain (coffee or tea, orange juice and three types of baked goods per person) but definitely enough to start the day with. Room exceeded expectations for the price and was cleaned every day while we were out, plus there was a safe in the room we could lock valuables in. All in all a very good experience!

The woman who works there is very helpful and friendly. It's very quiet. Near Venice. I wouldn't stay there if you're in Italy for the first time and travelling alone. Overall, I was very happy!

I've been traveling Europe for 3 months. The service at this hotel is by far the worst I've ever seen. The lady working there was rude and blunt. She seemed bored with her job. The shower barely worked. There are a lot of hotels around the area. You should stay elsewhere!

I'm are sorry if you think I was rude, but you must understand that if you have booked a single room and comes in two people, I had to switch your booking from single to double, obviously making you pay the difference Carla Martello

Spacious room, great value for money, more like a hotel than a hostel. I guess that results in the lack of atmosphere though, I didn't meet or speak with any other travellers during my stay. Good for a one night stopover, close to Mestre station so convenient for getting to Venice itself. Only thing - make sure you get back to Mestre station earlyish as when me and my friend got back (after 12) the exit from the station we needed was locked, so we had to walk all the way round for 2 hours!