Hotel Medea Reviews

Via Carlo Goldoni 84, Milan, Italy

Hello! I had a great time at your hostel and I will come back when I have the chance. Although, may I suggest that you add lockers or safes to the rooms? Grazie mille!

Excellent breakfast. Good response to airport pickup. Please include pickup.instruction for the airport in the website.

The guy there speaks no English and understands nothing!

• 16th Aug 2014
  • Finland

Hotel Medea was a good budget option and there were no obvious problems with it, but I want to draw attention to other travelers that it's pretty far out of the the center of Milan, in a residential district on the second floor of an Apartment building, a good walk away from the Metro (although the bus and tram are closer). Pretty barebones, the bed I slept in not very comfortable, and there were some ants (mainly my fault as I left some cheese on the floor), but staff friendly. An OK stay!

Only one key for the rooms, which the receptionist always has - you can't lock the door at night etc. The guests in my room had all booked a 4 bed dorm and there were 5 beds with 5 guests. At least they weren't bunks. They charge 5 Euros a night for air-conditioning! It was really hot and after quite some arguing they gave it to us for free due to the extra person in the room, which they were unapologetic for. It's far from the centre but reachable with buses. In a quiet neighbourhood and cheap.

It was my fourth stay in Milan and this hotel was the best. Even though the staff did not speak perfect English, they were very nice and helpful. The room was clean and furnished enough as well as the bathroom. The air condition did not work so we had to have the window open and there was a noise from the outside. We also heared slamming of the door and sometimes the phone ring. The location was ok. I would recommend this hotel, it is a good value for money even if there were some minuses :).

This hostel is easy to get to from the train station if you know what you're doing. The bus stop is behind the train station, which can be hard to find so look it up beforehand. The location is not ideal, but okay to get to the center by transportation. The staff was very friendly even though I spoke no Italian. There are no lockers, so be prepared to have another way to secure your things. No common room either, but the bedrooms and bathrooms are clean, and its a good stay for the price.

There is only one key per dorm, and it needs to be returned to the front desk once dorm door is unlocked. Door also remains unlocked when you're inside, so anyone could walk in while you're changing or sleeping. No lockers and no common area. Pros: free wifi, nice neighbourhood, nice 40 min walk to city centre or you can easily bus.

It was okay for the price. It was clean. We did get yelled at in Italian though, only because we had not returned the key while we left the hotel (they hadn't told us to do so). Apparently there was only one key for every dorm. A little inconvenient but o well. Still had a good stay in Milan!

My stay at Hotel Medea was great. Check in was easy and the reception desk gave us some great advice for exploring. They moved us to a double for free because they were having an issue with the dorms. It's about a 30min walk from city center but the bus is easily accessible!

The reception was very punctual but not very welcoming. My room was pretty small and relatively clean. Breakfast was really good and the location is great given it was only 5 minutes walk from the train station and also the metro.

The staff was really great when I arrived, they let me store my bag there since I couldn't check in yet and gave me some great info about the city and how to get around. My room was really nice and had a balcony which was amazing. Also very walkable to get to the city center which is nice. I would stay here again!

staff very friendly and very helpful highly recommend the place !

• 28th Apr 2014

Thanks Geraldine

this is a small family owned hostel with friendly staff. its quiet and a good place to relax in your room. a nice 20 minute walk to the city center. would recommend.

The room was clean and comfortable. It wasnt to far of a walk outside the city center. We had 4 girls in 1 room all with our own beds.

It was hard to find and the man at the front desk did not speak a world is English, literally not a world. I understand that not everyone in the world speaks English but the hostel advertises in English and therefore the check in guy MUST know a few words (helpful things like "check in" and "check out"). He also tried to make me pay for my stay twice. I would definitely NOT recommend this hostel to anyone who isn't fluent in Italian, actually I wouldn't reccomend this hostel to anyone.

• 8th Apr 2014

verry good for the price.

View all Milan Bed and Breakfasts