Hotel Medea Reviews

Via Carlo Goldoni 84, Milan, Italy

It was my fourth stay in Milan and this hotel was the best. Even though the staff did not speak perfect English, they were very nice and helpful. The room was clean and furnished enough as well as the bathroom. The air condition did not work so we had to have the window open and there was a noise from the outside. We also heared slamming of the door and sometimes the phone ring. The location was ok. I would recommend this hotel, it is a good value for money even if there were some minuses :).

There is only one key per dorm, and it needs to be returned to the front desk once dorm door is unlocked. Door also remains unlocked when you're inside, so anyone could walk in while you're changing or sleeping. No lockers and no common area. Pros: free wifi, nice neighbourhood, nice 40 min walk to city centre or you can easily bus.

It was okay for the price. It was clean. We did get yelled at in Italian though, only because we had not returned the key while we left the hotel (they hadn't told us to do so). Apparently there was only one key for every dorm. A little inconvenient but o well. Still had a good stay in Milan!

My stay at Hotel Medea was great. Check in was easy and the reception desk gave us some great advice for exploring. They moved us to a double for free because they were having an issue with the dorms. It's about a 30min walk from city center but the bus is easily accessible!

The reception was very punctual but not very welcoming. My room was pretty small and relatively clean. Breakfast was really good and the location is great given it was only 5 minutes walk from the train station and also the metro.

The staff was really great when I arrived, they let me store my bag there since I couldn't check in yet and gave me some great info about the city and how to get around. My room was really nice and had a balcony which was amazing. Also very walkable to get to the city center which is nice. I would stay here again!

staff very friendly and very helpful highly recommend the place !

• 28th Apr 2014

Thanks Geraldine

this is a small family owned hostel with friendly staff. its quiet and a good place to relax in your room. a nice 20 minute walk to the city center. would recommend.

The room was clean and comfortable. It wasnt to far of a walk outside the city center. We had 4 girls in 1 room all with our own beds.

It was hard to find and the man at the front desk did not speak a world is English, literally not a world. I understand that not everyone in the world speaks English but the hostel advertises in English and therefore the check in guy MUST know a few words (helpful things like "check in" and "check out"). He also tried to make me pay for my stay twice. I would definitely NOT recommend this hostel to anyone who isn't fluent in Italian, actually I wouldn't reccomend this hostel to anyone.

• 8th Apr 2014

verry good for the price.

View all Milan Bed and Breakfasts