Hotel Mevlana Reviews

N.Z.Voorburgwal 160, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Enjoyed our stay here, although almost didn't get to as the staff were about to give our booking away because we were late to arrive and they were unable to debit the remainder of the payment on the day of arrival. I used a debit card to make the booking, and don't have money always loaded onto the card so they were unable to debit the remainder. Just a heads up for unsuspecting patrons.. otherwise friendly and enjoyable

Nice location, friendly staff and really clean hostel!

I will definitely not choose to stay there next time. They claim that this is a hotel but actually it doesn't. It is even not a hostel because its facilities are extremely poor. I just feel I was slepping in a kennel or pigsty. The room is extremely small, old, smelly, and does not have enough lockers or even NO locker in the room. There is some bed bugs in my bed. The one and only one good thing of this "hotel" is close to the main attractions like Dam Square and Red Light District.

Arriving in Amsterdam for business, I had left my accom booking until last minute. I selected this hotel and was pleasantly surprised to find it clean ...very clean. I would definitely come back again.. tip..i booked a room for 4 - c140 euro- still a million miles cheaper than a hotel room in this area and extremely central 10 mins from Amsterdam central. would stay here agai

• 20th May 2014

Really nice small and clean hotel with a bar downstairs (they also some some pastries). Two outlets for every bed was a plus, and the location is perfect - just a 10 minute walk from the central station. Definitely worth checking out if you're looking for a cheap clean place.

No common room to cook and hang out but I would still stay there again.

Perfect location, just some minutes walking from the Central Station, and just one block behind the Dam Square. The double room is quite small, but there's a lavatory inside, that helps a lot. The wc is shared and in front of the room, and it was most of the time available. Just watch out the stairs, very very small and "tiny".

I stayed there for 5 nights and i was on the 2nd floor, I DIDN'T HAVE SLEEP very poor old wooden doors for the rooms and the shared bathrooms that slams everytime you close it or make noise every time you open it, So that was plenty of noise at the hall way, The shower room the hot water not working, u getting only a warm water which was cold for me, You have to know its only a one star so there is NOTHING in your tiny room but noisy door every time its open or close WAKE the whole floor up.

• 23rd Apr 2014

Except for the narrow stairs, I thing it is a good hostel. The location is good. Smells really strong cigar in the corridor thou.

Location is good but bathroom is awful and you have to take stairs to get your luggage upstairs. Beds are not comfortable.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Probably the could make sure how the room looks before given the keys to a customer

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Spain

Perfect location, good cleaning! I booked a quadruple room with ensuite bathroom. Toiletries, linen and towels were provided. Bunk beds very comfortable..I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 6th Feb 2014