6.8
Good 481 Total Reviews
6.8
Good 481 Total Reviews
Hotel Mevlana Located at N.Z.Voorburgwal 160, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam 1012 SJ N.Z.Voorburgwal 160
68% 481
52.3744054 4.8912361
    Rooms available

22nd Jul 2016
7.1

The location is great. Not so great: Internet never worked in my room. Very cramped rooms, one bathroom and one shower per floor. Break-your-neck stairs. Most hostel goers were young/partiers. It's definitely a hostel--NOT a hotel.

• England, All Male Group, 18-24
20th Jul 2016
7.7

Very central location so easy to walk to places. The rooms were very warm and quite small, there wasn't much room to walk between the beds. WiFi was excellent in the lobby but poor in the rooms. Steps to get to the rooms were quite steep. However the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would stay again

• Canada, All Male Group, 25-30
16th Jul 2016
8.0

It worked great as a base of operation. It's a really odd building that helps add to the charm of the whole experience.

• India, Male, 25-30
9th Jul 2016
6.9

Very well located... Staircase are way too steep... One has to be carefull everytime either stoned or sane ... Staff is good and helpful... Rooms are quite small and so are lockers... But overall good place if u dont get any other option so near to dam square

• USA, Male, 18-24
5th Jul 2016
6.9

It was a pretty good place to live in. I live on the highest floor and had a great view of the city center. I had a 5 mixed bed but the other four happened to be 4 London girls on vacation, so it was a little awk , but I survived. One thing I must complain is the lack of wifi signal at the highest floor. Each floor has a wifi router, but only the 4th floor (highest) doesn't, and connecting to the 3rd floor wifi is slow and useless.

• Egypt, Male, 31-40
28th Jun 2016

I enjoyed my 4 day stay in a 6 bed dorm.. Staff were very nice & helpful people and try to respond to every request or fix issues or give directions.. Toilet and shower were clean, with hot water. My only issue was getting my big suite case up and down the very steep stairs.. but I've been told it's in most old buildings in Amsterdam. Also, different people in the same dorm have had different prices. plan ur trip early. Overall, I recommend H. Mevlana. I would stay there again myself..😃

• Norway, Female, 18-24
25th Jun 2016
6.9

Pros: It has a perfect location in the center of town + good value for money. Cons: The day before I was supposed to check out one of the employees locked himself into our room and woke me up at 10am and asked if I was checking out. The guy above me said it was he who was checking out and left. The employee then started making the bed above me by standing on my bed, right by my head. I found this extremely rude. Other than this episode, my stay was enjoyable. I would stay here again.

• North Korea, Male, 25-30
20th Jun 2016

Small hostel but in good shape, location is super ideal for a city break. Staff is friendly, especially Lei. I was scared for the preivous bad reviews, however for me it's a good stay at hotel mevlana.

• Scotland, All Male Group, 18-24
17th Jun 2016

Very friendly staff in a great central location close to everything! Rooms were clean and beds were comfy, however the rooms could be very warm at night even with window open. Could have better social areas but for the price was a great stay! Would recommend and stay again!

17th Jun 2016
5.7

Overall not a bad place to stay and I had a pleasant stay. With that said I do have a few concerns. The stairs: while not something that the building can fix (they come with the territory in Amsterdam) the stairs are steep and could be hard to get up on the best of instances. People should take notice of this before booking. no common room: why the hostel has no common room (but rather a little used public restaurant) is something I do not understand. There is no place to go in the hostel.