Hotel Mevlana Reviews

N.Z.Voorburgwal 160, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Location is good but bathroom is awful and you have to take stairs to get your luggage upstairs. Beds are not comfortable.

• 17th Mar 2014
  • Turkey

Probably the could make sure how the room looks before given the keys to a customer

• 3rd Mar 2014
  • Spain

Perfect location, good cleaning! I booked a quadruple room with ensuite bathroom. Toiletries, linen and towels were provided. Bunk beds very comfortable..I strongly recommend this hostel.

• 6th Feb 2014

Hotel Mevlana was in a great location close to the main square and is easily accessible. The one downside to this hotel was the crazy skinny stairs that you have to lug you suitcase up, so if you have a big bag choose a room on the first floor!

Great starting point to see Amsterdam. Small rooms, when a 4 dorm becomes a 6 dorm. Sometimes i stayed here, me and I seen other guest, had too change rooms. Usually all other hostels i have been to in Amsterdam have upgraded me for all booked days. If the hostels over booked a room. not here. Every ting else is great.

Clean, but very small.

• 29th Nov 2013

This was the worst of the many hostels I've stayed in, with my European interrail pass. There are literally no facilities. There is one small bathroom / shower for a room of 8. Someone said the bunks made it feel like a prison. It's cramped and there are lockers. It would have been awful if it was full. It's very cheap and close to the town centre but nothing else positive can be said really. There is no kitchen so you spend more on food, so staying here is a false economy.

The worst hostel ever, bedroom smells bad! There is no security and they admit any kind of person in there even homeless. Staffs were stating all the time to not leave any value stuffs in the bedroom. Even though my cellphone got stolen in the middle of the night!!! The thief tried to sell my own cellphone for 60 euros. I was lucky the police showed up and arrested him. I left this hostel two days before my checking out day for obvious reason. DON´T GO TO THIS HOSTEL!!

Love the friendly atmosphere in the lounge/bar, it's cosy and a great places to meet people. I have stayed here before and loved it so had to come back.

• 4th Nov 2013

Perfect location, on budget, good wi-fi.