Hotel Mevlana Reviews

N.Z.Voorburgwal 160, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Relatively quiet hostel. The beds were very comfy!

thank you for your review, we are looking forward to seeing you again!

Stayed here for week and enjoyed it very much. Staff was super friendly and always willing to help. Stairs are super steep so they helped me carry my luggage up to my room. Rooms are small but clean, bed and pillow were comfortable and heating was ok. Wifi is terrible, couldn't get it anywhere. It is very well located, you can walk almost everywhere in the city. Only thing that was missing was some sort of common area to mingle and meet everyone in hostel.

thank you very much for your review, and we are looking forward to seeing you again in our hostel! enjoy your trip in Europe!

Everything was good. Vibe was good. No smoking is great! After spending the whole day in Amsterdam, you're bound to smell weed everywhere, so it's nice to come back to a place with fresh air.

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Malaysia

thank you so much for your review, wish you have a wonderful trip in europe

Good location,clean and friendly Bernard Room 9

dear guest; thank you for your review! hopefully to see you again in our hostel, best wishes!

Would strongly recommend anyone that is planning to stay here to look elsewhere, I feel completely exploited for the fact that I had to pay money to stay here

dear guest(s); thank you for your review. of course you have this kind of feeling, you paid 7 nights and stayed here only for 3 nights. i hope to see you next time, and thank you for your contribution!

I got absolutely what I pay for! I spent 6 nights at this hostel and I had no problems. The location is perfect, the stuff is kind and there's a beatifull silence that allows you rest. Maybe a little problem was the security at night, because of some guys that were sitting at the entrance, but, I'd like to go again there!

• 29th Nov 2015
  • Greece
  • All Male Group, 18-24

thank you very much for your review, we would love to see you again at our hostel!

It was a great location and the staff was very friendly. However as soon as my friend and I arrived we were welcomed by an overwhelming strong smell of human waste in the hallway. The bathroom was very small and very dirty, the sheets were decent.

• 27th Nov 2015

dear guest(s); thank you for your review. we will forward your review to our housekeeper, and we feel sorry to hear that. we will work hard on cleaning! we are looking forward to seeing you again in amsterdam!

We had a private room with a shared bath. The walls are paper thin, but it wasn't a party hostel so this was okay. There is a very narrow and tiny staircase up, not for the feint of heart. There is a bar/restaurant next door, but it didn't seem very populated. Staff was polite. All in all, a very serviceable, clean hostel with a GREAT location for walking everywhere.

Horrible stairs to climb up every single time you go to and from your room. Check out is very enforced - the receptionist came to my room to make sure we were all out after I had checked out (we were not, but c'mon, really?)

There are 4 rooms on our floor but only 1 toilet and 1 shower room for all 4 rooms. Our room was for 4 people, not sure of the size of other rooms. It didn't affect us too much, but at busy times I can imagine this would be a nightmare.

• 19th Nov 2015

dear guest, thank you for your review. one of these 4 rooms has a private bathroom & toilet. only 3 rooms have to share the bathroom & toilet on each floor. however it is flexible to go up or go down for shower & toilet when at busy times. thank you again for staying with us, and looking forward to seeing you soon!

Hostel was within a nice walking distance to a lot of major attractions. The room was very small and overall cleanliness was lacking a bit.

Friendly staff. The hostel wasn't really a great place to hang out (or if it was, I certainly couldn't tell). Seemed to be fairly clean and well organized, and had a pretty stellar location. The room I was in was a tad small for 5 people, but it worked.

dear guest, thank you for your review! we are looking forward to seeing you soon in amsterdam!

Very nice hostel right in the heart of town.near the square where all the protests and exhibitions go on. Close the Anne Frank house and the van gogh museum. Staff were nice but not to nice which was good because it seemed to make it very professional. It was easy to get to know the people in your room and the hostel since there was a little cafe down stairs that the hostel ran. 24 hour service at reception and the cafe. It was also good for people who aren't there to smoke pot

thank you very much for your review, and hopefully see you again!

Too many beds in my room. Very small with 6 beds made it difficult to store extra luggage, etc. Also one shower and one toilet for each floor so potentially 24 people waiting for 1 shower to be available. Otherwise a decent place and well looked after. after.

Staff sneering at complaint about smoke. Continuous very loud partying one night. Filthy under beds.

sadly to hear all these bad comments. we are a hostel, sometimes young people do crazy things. we respect it, and of course we make sure these crazy things won't bother the other people. thank you again for staying with us.

It was like sleeping in a dump, and being charged for it!!

• 29th Aug 2015

Great location, however the cleanliness is suspect as all floors have a musty smell to them. I was actually compelled to not shower while staying here due to the state of the facilities. Not all of the rooms have lockers and the ones that do have lockers are relatively small. The staff was cool and helpful and the location really makes the downsides worth it.