Hotel Mevlana Reviews

N.Z.Voorburgwal 160, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Unless you genuinely have no other options to stay in anywhere I would advise you to do so. The room of 5 people I had was so small you couldn't swing a cat inside. The floors were covered in dust and hair from previous guests. There is 1, yes 1 shower & bathroom between about 30+ people. Stains on cieling. Staff very rude when u ask them a question. If this was a cheap hostel then fair enough to but it's not. I couldn't wait to leave this place it was rancid.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Scotland

dear guest; thank you for your review. each floor there is bathroom and toilet, with amaximum capacity of 11 persons. of course we will improve our service, and thank you again for your review!

My stay at mean

• 19th Jul 2015

The location is great It's only about a 10 minute walk from Central Station. The hostel overall is not really open for people to hang out and get to know anyone. It's just a place to sleep. Linens and a towel are provided which is good as well!

• 10th Jul 2015
  • American Samoa

This was without a doubt the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. The restroom and shower room were absolutely filthy, and the bedrooms were very cramped and also dirty.

• 8th Jul 2015

dear ms makena white; we are sorry to hear your bed experiences with us. we are doing our best to make our hotel more clean and comfortable, however not everyone has the same definition of "clean" & "comfortable". we hope at least you had a good vacation experience in Amsterdam!

We all (in my room) booked for 4 people mixed dorm, but the hostel arranged 5 people in one dorm. Which was not acceptable. And the toilet was dirty and the bad smell last forever. There were all male and only a few female in this hostel, I had the dorm with four stranger male, which felt quite insecure. Girls should consider once again whether stay in this hostel or not.

dear ms pui mman mok; thank you for the review. we offered you to stay in a 4 bed dorm room, however you didn't like that room because of the other 3 guests were males. unfortunately we do not have a female or male dorm room in our hostel. sorry for your bad experience, hopefully the rest of your stay in our hostel is satisfied.

I've never stayed in a hostel with rooms this small. They put 6 people in a room fit for 2. It was cramped, hot and very uncomfortable. There is a cafe downstairs, but no other common area to relax and the room is so uncomfortable it's impossible to relax in there. I would not stay here again.

The guys at the front desk were completely incapable of doing anything. He had no idea how to work anything and couldn't even give me a receipt. Room wasn't ready for hours past the check in. Rooms were insanely small with way too many people for way too much money. Shower was disgusting and overflowed within 30 seconds of water. There was wifi for every floor and not a single one worked for longer than a minute. The only good thing is it was close to everything.

dear guest; we respect all the reviews from our guests, however it has to be the truth. i checked you in, you came here 9:00 am in the morning, our check out time is before 11:00 am in the morning, and check in after 2:0pm in the afternoon. of course i wouldn't let you in, since the room was still occupied by previous guests. you stayed on the second floor, and we never had complaints from that floor since there was a router on the first floor. sorry for your "bad" experiences!

Disgusting bathroom. Stayed in a room for 8 and there only one person could stand up at a time there was so little space. Bathroom had no real shower an smelt like sulfuric acid. Not kidding.

• 16th Jun 2015

Stayed here as a couple and thought it was really good. Booked as a hostel and got exactly what expected and more. This place is very under reviewed, down sides are one shower and toilet per floor but this was never a problem for us and the stair case is step but it's an old building and not many steps between floors so again not a problem. Quiet place and perfect for a stay for people that want somewhere to sleep in a nice clean room/facilties and comfy bed with great staff. Bargain too

Dear Jason Graves; thank you so much for your fair review. we appreciate your understanding, wish to see you again in our hostel. best

Very close to Dam square. I found the hostel clean. There isn't a real common area and I haven't seen the outdoor terrace mentioned. WiFi doesn't work inside the rooms at the 4th floor, just in the corridor.

Per verdieping is er slechts 1 douche en 1 toilet (veel te weinig voor het aantal kamers!). Verder was het toilet vies en vuil. De muren en plafonds zijn flinterdun met als gevolg dat onze nachtrust vaak verstoord werd door andere groepjes. Het hostel was wel erg goed gelegen.

• 8th Apr 2015
  • Belgium

It was the most horrible experience I ever had in all my life..please don't go in mevlana hostel or it will became a nightmare to stay in Amsterdam..everything was worst then I thought before to go there

• 6th Apr 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Stairs were a nightmare and room Was too small but it was still a good place.

This is the first time I stayed in hostel! After staying here! I would defiantly do it again! The only issue was sharing toilet and bathroom with everyone else! (Males pee around toilet) 🙈 but what else do you expect :) I felt safe and secure with the 24hour security! Very close to all cafes/dam square etc... I'd defiantly stay here again!

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Wales

Small rooms, many stairs. Extremely good location, worth the money.

i reserved to be in the same dorm as my friends and even I received a confirmation it didn't work. Don't expect too much but the beds are really comfortable

Great hostel if you are looking for a cheap place to stay right in the centre of Amsterdam. Hostel is clean and although the rooms are very small they keep them tidy and supply lockers. I would very much recommend this to any students as the staff are helpful and allow you to sit in the cafe area and help you with any questions as well as being extremely close to the main attractions, pubs and clubs!

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

The location is excellent walking distance to some attractions and the staff there is super friendly. wifi works everywhere and towels for free.

• 9th Feb 2015