Hotel Mikado Reviews

1-2-11, Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

I stayed in two budget hotels in Nishinari, Hotel Chuo and this one. Mikado was awful -- the walls were disgusting, the bathrooms were male/female combined (as in, you walk right into a urinal), sanitary conditions were very poor. I know you get what you pay for but I would pay only 1000 JPY for this, not 2200. Especially when Chuo was perfectly fine for nearly the same price. I just needed a place to crash before my early morning flight but ultimately I got little rest due to feeling unsafe.

Wasn't what we expected as it is much more of a hotel than a hostel with only a small common area and small 4 bed dorms (that are 2 small rooms converted into 1!) but having said that, it was very comfortable, the staff are excellent and the showers were great. Toilets were a little basic and the surrounding area wasn't aesthetically pleasing shall we say, but it was not at all unpleasant.

close to the subway and spa world! Showers and toilet are dated good value for money if you just want a place to crash.

• 12th Feb 2015
  • Belgium

I really enjoyed my stay. I got a single for pretty cheap in February and loved it. The beds aren't super comfortable but hey, backpackers should be used to it. Bathrooms are fine. Showers I thought were excellent. Decent kitchen but didn't use it. I would return!

Convenient location, close to train station, shops and some attractions. The staff were very helpful and friendly, they even lent me a adaptor free of charge. There is a well stocked kitchen area so you can cook your own meals as well.

great hostel. would love to stay here again

Pretty cheap hostel with rather good facilities. The staff isn't very well at english but tries their best.

It is in a good location which is close to a subway station. The room we stayed in was a bit small but this is Japan. The corridor often smelt of smoke since people smoked on the balcony and didnt close the door. It was weird having a unisex toilet facility on the floor which meant we had to walk past men at the urinal to get to the toilets. The onsen downstairs was nice & clean, though times were not that convenient for women (6-8am and 10pm onwards) . Cooking facilites were fine. Also had pcs

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It's good service provided. Perhaps it is worth to invest on a machine which provide hot water continuously. Also will be nice to have hot water machine every floor or every other floor. The duvet is a bit short, not able to cover my toes. If there will be a big renovation to the hotel, will be good to install thicker door with better sound insulation.

It's quite nice. Very cheap. I'm glad we stayed there.

It provides all the necessities, but I did not feel quite comfortable in the area. Also the service was not as lively or kind as in other areas.

I booked single room in this hotel through HostelWorld for 3400 yen. The walk-in price of single room of this hotel is only 2400 yen. It is a rip-off if you book this hotel through HostelWorld, you will pay 1000 yen extra.

Staff can communicate in English, room is clean and tidy, shower room comes with hot water, nice play to stay

The room had a musky smell with the heater on, had to ventilate the room with the window ajar. The building, room and sheets showed some age but was bigger than expected and I had a comfortable stay. Staff were helpful and there is a pantry where you can cook. Shower booth was clean. Close to subway station and JR train station.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Nice hotel but a little annoying to have to go to the first floor to shower in the morning. Overall, good location, safe and clean. Should have specified a non smoking room. Would probably stay again.

Average, but what you expect for this price so average in a good way! Room was cosy and secure. Bathrooms a bit old and not spotless. But no problems. Easy to find, close to metro etc.

They ran out of dorm beds so i booked the single room to myself. Its more of a hotel than and backpacker hostel feel to it. Close to supermarket-- tip: after 8pm, shop there as they discount their meals at that time.

Overall was nice as the Hotel is just 3-5 mins walk from a subway station. Rooms small but tidy. Staff nice too. Common area is a homely setting but during our two-night stay we didnt have chance to interact with others. One weird thing, not sure if it's a cultural thing(forgive me for my ignorance) or the design of this particulat hotel - the shared washrooms had "standing toilets" for male uncovered, meaning ladies can actually see men peeing..(of coz i dun mean deliberate peeping) bit awkward

Will stay again, everything is great from location to staff and room. Very affordable with mostly every included at no cost. Get a single room it worth it. Ended up staying 2 nights.

Great location and price for a private room which was clean. However, bathrooms were dirty.