Hotel Mikado Reviews

1-2-11, Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

the hostel is value for money and serves its purpose. even though it is located at a poorer part of town, it provides a different perspective of osaka. the rooms are small, but good enough for spending the night. there is also a spa/sauna for all to use. pretty good experience overall.

Lovely staff, good location and affordable prices. The room was a bit on the small side, but ok. Toilet seats were modern and clean, but the floor was a bit dirty and smelly.

Hostel mikado is more or less exaclty what one could expect from it's price. If you are travelling on the cheap or are looking for a hostel for one night that is close to the airport then it's a good option, because for it's cheap price it offers a lot. But if you are looking for a place with a little atmosphere or located in a nice area than this is not your place. The rooms are clean, the common areas more or less. But the staff is extremely friendly and helpfull, that must also be said.

Room had a bit of a musty odor but was clean, as were the shared showers. Didn't really have a problem finding a time to use the showers, and really nice to have one's own room for the price. A perfectly decent place to stay in Osaka.

It's cheap. You get what you pay for. I think my room had an odd smell. Like melted plastic. I'm a smoker so I sort of expected the funny smell, but this was surprising and even off putting. The staff is fear though.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Philippines

First hostel I stayed at in Japan. Great location as it is so close to JR and subway lines. It's always nice to have your own room. Definitely cheapest private room you will find in Japan. I also loved the shared bath, it's a great way to get warmed up to Japanese customs. I would stay here again when back in Osaka!

Maybe more option for washroom and showers

• 22nd Aug 2015

Good value for money, although my room smelled like cabbage i could deal with it, everything else was fine considering price! Good nights sleep :)

The staff here are very responsible

The lavatories must be cleaner. Staff very nice and helpfull.good location near to the station.

This hostel is old but the staff was really kind. We stayed in a 3 bed private room which was simple but we had a TV air condition and a sofa. Just the toilet is a Japanese school style which is pretty scary at night. And there is just 3 showed rooms so you have to wait to use it.

Nice hostel with good staff (speaks English too!) It was raining outside, and the thoughtful staff prepared towels for guests to dry themselves when they got into the hostel! Single rooms are clean and decent enough for one person, toiletries and bath towels are a plus.

very nice staff

• 5th Aug 2015
  • China

I really like the budget hotels clustered around Shin-Imamiya Station: for very little money, you get your own room, however tiny. The facilities are adequate, though the bathroom here was not great. But great price, and great location.

The rooms are a good size for the price, but the walls are very thin. My room was right across from the elevator, the bathroom, and the microwave. It was so loud all night with people coming and going, micrwaving things and talking I don't think I got any sleep at all. Also, the mattress had weird and disgusting stains on it.

Helpful staff, clean rooms, right next to the train station.

Really nice place to stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The place includes access to spa y cheap washing and drying machines

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Ecuador

Clean and big room, very comfortable. We had free towels, brush tooth and sleepers provided. Only three showers for the entire hotel but luckily we never had to wait. There was also a public bath that we did not try. They keep our luggage in advance and the elevator was very convenient. Great staff, kind with a good English level. Only issue were the toilet, not very clean and a bit small for my tall boyfriend (1.93m) who had troubles over there.

Sincerely, I am very disappointed with my stay at Mikado. Very poor cleaning, the room was very bad, not for the dimensions (small, but that´s something that I knew) but for the cleaning. It smells very very bad, there is a lot of noise and the bathroom does´t seem to be cleaned everyday. Definitely, i would not stay there again, and of course I will not recommend anyone to go there.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Spain

The room conditions are okay. Very friendly and helpful staff. Convenient location. All bathrooms are located in the ground floor. Only toilets are available at other floor. Cleanliness of the toilets are .... and it was very smelly 😖

• 19th Jul 2015