Hotel Mikado Reviews

1-2-11, Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

Pretty cheap hostel with rather good facilities. The staff isn't very well at english but tries their best.

It is in a good location which is close to a subway station. The room we stayed in was a bit small but this is Japan. The corridor often smelt of smoke since people smoked on the balcony and didnt close the door. It was weird having a unisex toilet facility on the floor which meant we had to walk past men at the urinal to get to the toilets. The onsen downstairs was nice & clean, though times were not that convenient for women (6-8am and 10pm onwards) . Cooking facilites were fine. Also had pcs

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Mixed Group, 41+

It's good service provided. Perhaps it is worth to invest on a machine which provide hot water continuously. Also will be nice to have hot water machine every floor or every other floor. The duvet is a bit short, not able to cover my toes. If there will be a big renovation to the hotel, will be good to install thicker door with better sound insulation.

It's quite nice. Very cheap. I'm glad we stayed there.

It provides all the necessities, but I did not feel quite comfortable in the area. Also the service was not as lively or kind as in other areas.

I booked single room in this hotel through HostelWorld for 3400 yen. The walk-in price of single room of this hotel is only 2400 yen. It is a rip-off if you book this hotel through HostelWorld, you will pay 1000 yen extra.

Staff can communicate in English, room is clean and tidy, shower room comes with hot water, nice play to stay

The room had a musky smell with the heater on, had to ventilate the room with the window ajar. The building, room and sheets showed some age but was bigger than expected and I had a comfortable stay. Staff were helpful and there is a pantry where you can cook. Shower booth was clean. Close to subway station and JR train station.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Singapore

Nice hotel but a little annoying to have to go to the first floor to shower in the morning. Overall, good location, safe and clean. Should have specified a non smoking room. Would probably stay again.

Average, but what you expect for this price so average in a good way! Room was cosy and secure. Bathrooms a bit old and not spotless. But no problems. Easy to find, close to metro etc.

They ran out of dorm beds so i booked the single room to myself. Its more of a hotel than and backpacker hostel feel to it. Close to supermarket-- tip: after 8pm, shop there as they discount their meals at that time.

Overall was nice as the Hotel is just 3-5 mins walk from a subway station. Rooms small but tidy. Staff nice too. Common area is a homely setting but during our two-night stay we didnt have chance to interact with others. One weird thing, not sure if it's a cultural thing(forgive me for my ignorance) or the design of this particulat hotel - the shared washrooms had "standing toilets" for male uncovered, meaning ladies can actually see men peeing..(of coz i dun mean deliberate peeping) bit awkward

Will stay again, everything is great from location to staff and room. Very affordable with mostly every included at no cost. Get a single room it worth it. Ended up staying 2 nights.

Great location and price for a private room which was clean. However, bathrooms were dirty.

Very nice place; extremely friendly to woman travellers. There is a woman only rest room on the top floor. The room and rest rooms were clean. microwave on the floor I live. probably each floor has one. the location is close to Tennoji Station where I took JR to close-by cities. very nice location

The best place I've been in Japan. Great value for the money and the Japanese spa is a great asset after a day walking. Highly recommended.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Spain

Thank you to Ms Yuki Kyoi for helping us book a night bus -Rima&Louisa

While the place is old, it's still good enough for the money that you're paying. I wouldn't say unsafe but it might get a bit uncomfortable seeing drunks during the night. That said, there are quite a lot of izakaya around the hostel for those who are interested. In addition, it's really close to the station and there's a Family Mart just around the corner. Lastly, you can actually purchase tickets to Kansai Airport directly from the front desk, which is really convenient.

I went there with my husband as we arrive late at night and the hotel is located near to Shin-imamiya Station, direct train from airport via Nankai Line. I booked the double room but we were being given the quad room (1 double decker bed ,1 single bed and 1 roll-away). Nonetheless, we are quite happy with our stay in Hotel Mikado as the staffs were nice and helpful. Our room was also relatively clean. The hotel provides free green tea and the kitchen was also very convenient for our use.

• 3rd Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

My room had a weird smell. I requested for a change but the other room had the same smell. Both male and female share the same toilet and the male urinals were lined along the walls beside the cubicles. The only female toilet is at the 8th floor so it's inconvenient. There were only 2 bath cubicles available in the eight storey building. During peak hours, you'll have to queue to use the bathroom. On a fairer note, the bath cubicles were clean and towels and toiletries were provided daily.