Hotel Mikado Reviews

1-2-11, Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

The rooms are a good size for the price, but the walls are very thin. My room was right across from the elevator, the bathroom, and the microwave. It was so loud all night with people coming and going, micrwaving things and talking I don't think I got any sleep at all. Also, the mattress had weird and disgusting stains on it.

• 28th Jul 2015

Clean and big room, very comfortable. We had free towels, brush tooth and sleepers provided. Only three showers for the entire hotel but luckily we never had to wait. There was also a public bath that we did not try. They keep our luggage in advance and the elevator was very convenient. Great staff, kind with a good English level. Only issue were the toilet, not very clean and a bit small for my tall boyfriend (1.93m) who had troubles over there.

Sincerely, I am very disappointed with my stay at Mikado. Very poor cleaning, the room was very bad, not for the dimensions (small, but that´s something that I knew) but for the cleaning. It smells very very bad, there is a lot of noise and the bathroom does´t seem to be cleaned everyday. Definitely, i would not stay there again, and of course I will not recommend anyone to go there.

• 23rd Jul 2015
  • Spain

The room conditions are okay. Very friendly and helpful staff. Convenient location. All bathrooms are located in the ground floor. Only toilets are available at other floor. Cleanliness of the toilets are .... and it was very smelly 😖

• 19th Jul 2015
  • Hong Kong
  • Mixed Group, 41+

the hotel is near the MTR station and a business street full of restaurants and game centers. it's clean and tidy but the room is a little bit small. the spa is very good. we enjoy it so much. overall it's a good place to stay for travelling and business trip.

Basically a hotel, not really a hostel. A hotel for people to stop-by and take a night's break. Location is really good. Close to the Shinsekai area of Osaka which is a very old district but with character. Entertainment very old style in this area. Some restaurants are 24/7.

Location is good. Staff are friendly. Price is good. Recommended!

A tad small but location and staff are stupendous .

Very convenient to station and nice area

• 29th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

I really like this hotel, I have checked out and then checked in again after my trip of Okinawa. The staff are so polite and nice. They also had a good tour, which was going to see the Japanese wedding and some traditional stuff in Sakai. I will stay here again for my next trip in Osaka. Btw, How can I add the staff who works at night as friend? He is so nice and friendly. lol

• 25th Jun 2015
  • Taiwan

a cheap place to stay

Good value for money, and very easy to access. Friendly staff.

Very good hostel for the price. Good for short-term stay near the airport.

Good for budget hotel, good travel to Osaka.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Thailand

Nice spa area

I don't know why but it took me a while to become comfortable here. The location was okay and near enough to JR and subway lines, interesting places and familymart. The staff were lovely and helpful, probably the best thing about the place. Down side is not having a shower on the same floor as we were staying. definitely value for money though.

Great. wanna go back again

The staffs are friendly and the most of customers are good people. I am happy to stayed at Mikado for 2 nights. If I go back to Osaka, I will choose Mikado again.

• 30th May 2015
  • Thailand

Good value for money, good facilities and a very convenient location close to the station and only 3 stops on the metro to the main nightlife district. However, it is definitely more hotel than hostel and there was little to no atmosphere in the downstairs common room area. Luckily I had some friends staying in a near by hostel as it would have been difficult to meet people there to go out with. They have an Onsen though which is a nice touch!

Staff were really nice, I liked this hostel a lot. They have free bike rentals can you beat that? So great!

• 20th May 2015