Hotel Mikado Reviews

1-2-11, Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

This hostel was a nice place to stay during our time in Osaka. The best part was free, exchangeable towels! They also had free coffee, and gave you slippers, a toothbrush and a robe when you arrive. I recommend it!

Hotel Mikado was a great place to stay. I stayed in a Japanese-style single room. It had everything I needed and the floor mattress was very comfortable. The hotel is very close to major subway stops and several tourist attractions. The staff are helpful and answered all of my questions.

Cheap and good Hotel if you just wanna go around Osaka, they got a japanese onsen and a sauna inside!

Excellent stay. Bathroom very clean and quite spacious. There is a spa and toothbrush provided. Common room was good and you can cook as well. Bery excellent!

Not really a hostel, but a very worthy budget hotel!

The rooms are at a great price and very well kept.The only unpleasant thing that happened to me was the room I was assigned my first night (I stayed for 5 nights). #302, it reeked of cigarette smoke (I don't smoke) and the lighting was really dim. I spent the first night in the room but I just couldn't stand the smell so next morning I asked the male employee at the front desk for a switch and he said he couldn't help me. That evening, I asked the female employee and she switched rooms for me.

• 20th Jan 2016

My experience in the hotel was excellent. I stayed there from the 12th to basically the 24th with the staff accommodating me every step of the way, even letting me know that I could have paid cheaper had I booked the extra nights I stayed at the actual hotel. The staff was warm, accommodating and funny and I thank them for everything. 小さくて居心地の良いビジネスホテルであり、立地、価格、フロントの対応はとても気持ちよかったです。もともと1月12日から15日までの宿泊予約を24日まで延長してくださって、とてもうれしかったです。実際に予約入れてもらえば価格が安かったのにともお知らせくださったことも、とてもありがたかったです。

• 18th Jan 2016

Staff told me I couldn't get another night, then after I paid in other place another staff member asked me if I wanted to extend my stay. Sfaff should have better communication

• 13th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

So grateful for free coffee and tea for guests! And heater in the room. Thanks again!

• 6th Jan 2016
  • New Zealand

Really great value and would definitely stay again. Unfortunately no hot water in the sinks, only in the showers downstairs.

• 3rd Jan 2016

It was close to subway and JR station. And also near shopping eating area just cross from the street. Stuffs very nice and good english to explain.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Thailand

Loved it! Management has thought of everything to make you feel right at home. Really welcoming atmosphere and nicely working AC/heat unit in each little room!

Great place to stay, lovely staff and really close to supermarket. Really loved it!

• 29th Dec 2015

We had a great time staying at Hotel Mikado. They have accomodating staff, near the subway, great facilities and service. Worth every penny. Highly Recommended

A good choice for the price, though I think that something could be done about the smell in some rooms, and it would be great if once a year you clean the filters of the air conditioning units. Arigato gozaymas!

Supposed to take credit cards but it wouldn't work, despite me calling bank and bank saying it was hotel's fault and that they were running it incorrectly. The manager then got angry and demanded I go to the ATM. There is only three showers for an entire 8 floors of people, so be prepared. Also, a single elevator and no stairs. Located in a ghetto area of Osaka - there are several hotels near it with lower prices by 800-1000 yen. 2600 yen for a mattress in a closet size room?? Do not stay here.

You get what you pay for here. A tiny private room with a thin mattress. There is a sauna, which is a huge bonus. The floor that my room was on smelt like cigarettes. No type of cleaning/change of bed linens provided. Staff was helpful in answering any questions that I had. Located very near the subway, and pretty to easy to find, as it's right by the zoo.

The room was small and the walls a bit thin, so I could hear everyone when they got up in the morning as well as the city traffic outside my window. Also, the room looked a bit dirty, but I realized after a night or so that it was just a little worn, which for me isn't a problem as long as it's clean. The bed was very comfortable (I had a room with a Western bed), and despite being small, the room was perfect for my needs. And the facilities were fantastic. I very much enjoyed my stay.

• 20th Dec 2015

The location was very convenient. The staff was welcoming and accommodating. My daughter and I rented a private room. The room was quite large and even had a refrigerator. The showers had plenty of hot water. They also have a sauna and an Oson. Everything was nice and clean. We stayed two nights. Then we left to Spend the night in Kyoto. When we came back to Osaka, we were so happy with Hotel Mikado, that we stayed another night. Good value and highly recommended

Best budget hostel ive been too, get what you pay for, plus some great facilities (spa, sauna, video games etc)

• 7th Dec 2015