Hotel Mikado Reviews

1-2-11, Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

Ideal place if you need a bit of a break from hostel dormitories.... Excellent location, excellent staff and they lend bicycles for free. Cycling around the sights and delights of Osaka is highly recommended... Kampai!

Pros: Subway station, convience stores and cheap restaurants are close by. Tennoji park and zoo are walking distances from the hotel Worth it if you're on a budget Cons: It is in a low class area but it is still safe to walk around at night. if you don't know japanese then it will be hard to ask directions to go to tourist areas. no common place to meet other people in the hotel. All in all, not a bad place but if you are looking for a place near downtown then look for someplace else

This place was great for the budget minded traveler. The staff were friendly and helpful whenever I talked to them, the facilities of the hotel were clean, and the location is great - near two major subway & JR lines.

Some people smoked in room , I could smell it in none-smoke room. It made a little pesky.

• 28th Sep 2014
  • Taiwan

Sauna and hot tub in the hostel. That's the best perk, after a long day trekking the city it's pretty awesome. Plus staff are super friendly and helpful

Friendly place very helpful front desk.

Despite no smoking allowed, my room reeked exceedingly heavily of cigarette smoke. Either people had been doing it in the room often, or it was because the outdoor smoking area was directly opposite my door. Otherwise, very basic cheap place. You get what you pay for. Close to the nerd area, so there were others like me in their own tiny rooms. Ok common area but never saw many people hanging out. Showers are only located on two of the floors; right next to reception lobby or the next floor.

踏踏米的味道真的很重喔,還有人抽煙,,,(運氣啦)

• 31st Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

good. There is a SPA!!!

• 21st Aug 2014
  • South Korea

I really loved the japanese style bath! The one thing that was a little odd was the urinals in the co-ed bathroom! Next time I go, I think I will try to stay on the women's only floor!

The room (the sheets) smelled bad and the staffs didn't speak much English. Showers only on the ground floor - not available at all times. Good location, small equipped kitchen on ground floor, we also had a fridge in the room.

Staff were very helpful and I felt very comfortable, room was exactly what was needed and air con worked very well. Loved the knee length yukata - I wanted to keep it! Can I buy one?!

The staff of hotel is nice! The price is cheap and there is everything(facilities) in hotel! Wonderful memories!!!!

It was a great place to stay. The staff was so helpful and kept lending me things I needed. It was so close to the subway stop and the directions to get there were excellent. It's very close to Spa World too, which I suggest. The neighborhood wasn't the best and a little dark for a single woman traveling, but it was fine. Also, it could have been cleaner, but everything important was clean! I definitely suggest it for a few nights!

The hotel was very good. I really liked the sento in the hotel. The staff was very nice. One could clean the rooms better and the futon was just not clean. maybe change it.

It's very cheap but you get what you pay for. Good if you need the bare minimum to crash for a night. All of the stalls in our floor's bathroom were cringe-worthy. Air conditioning was a nice touch on a very hot day.

Value is amazing for a single room. Japanese-style means it's a mat on the floor which is fine. Location isn't really close to anything but a half hour walk will get you to the main area which is easily done at night. Definitely recommend this place.

Great value, clean, friendly staff, located close to a metro station. Highly recommend for budget travellers in Osaka. (Not to mention Mikado provides super fast wifi and free towels etc plus bicycles are lent for free.)

This place is a great value. Check in was easy and I came late at night from the airport. The amenities were equal in many ways to expensive places I stayed at. I personally had no problems getting to shower (early in the morning). Plus lockers with keys provided were great.

nice place, comfy and well located ; i will come back!