Hotel Monopole Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 43, Milan, Italy

You get what you pay for. It's central, it's cheap. Don't expect anything other than the basics. Stick with that attitude and you won't be disappointed.

For a layover near the train station the location is excellent but I wouldn't walk around after dark. Very friendly staff. Only concern was that the carpet in my room was wet; I can only assume it was from a previous tenant and had. It been noticed.

The room was very overpriced for what I received. Good for a one night stay, but if your stay is longer look elsewhere as there is no nightlife, and the neighborhood is not very nice at all. bathroom needs work. Small is an understatement and the shower floods the floor. I would probably not rebook.

• 1st Jul 2014

sorry, this customer unfortunately forces us to an almost embarassing reply - HE WAS PAYING € 40.80 !!!! His room by the way was the standard single room ensuite and not the low budget (as he had originally booked - a little upgrade was even made) - He had free internet point and wifi too. We do not know what to add more

Really close to the railway station, and good for what you pay for, however the wifi didn't work properly in our room. Decent room with good amenities.

The hotel is worth the money if you won't be staying for long in Milan. It is located extremely close to Milano Cetnrale. Be careful at night time. You are downtown and there are quite a few odd people about at night. For instance, a "lady" offered me her "services" while I was having a cigarette outside the front door of Monopole. The staff is extremely nice, however, and speak fluent English.

• 19th Jun 2014

I stayed in on person room (room 606), and it was a bit like h poor hotel, old, damage, small bethroom with mold.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Great place if you are staying for a few days. Conveniently close to th station but a bit of a walk to the central areaof Milano.

They messed up our reservations. Didn't even wanted to see what was in the online form of reservation. Very rude and impolite staff.

Stay for one night whilst in transit between cities. Arrived at 2am and staff were ready and willing to check me in and even offered late check-out free of charge. Keep in mind, it is a hotel, not a hostel (private rooms, no atmosphere etc). But perfectly clean and comfortable.

Just an average hotel in my opinion. My room had a small tv but the fact that it had a tv was surprising, so it was a bonus in this case.

Convenient, safe, good value.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

friendly staff and super central, you can get buses, metro and trains.

• 11th Jun 2014

Great layover location. Cheap and near the train station.

I have to say the location for this hotel is kind of hard to find. The rooms are cozy though.

The room was very old toilet was very small. But good location and cheap. The oldest hotel I stayed ever

Close to train station, very convenient. Clean comfortable with helpful staff. We had nice time here. KIRAN OZA Bhavnagar INDIA

If you're coming into Milan late and just need to stay temporarily, Hotel Monopole is around the corner from Milano Centrale. Amazing location. But there are some watch outs/requests I would make next time: you do not want a room facing the street - you can hear trains passing by every 10 minutes and garbage trucks etc, ask for a non-smoking room - they didn't ask and I got put in a smoking room where absolutely everything stank of cigarettes. I think by the end of it, I smelt like cigarettes.

Convenient if you are passing through because it is close to the station.

excellent hotel..the staff in the hotel are 10 out of 10 ..my friend left his wallet in a cab on arrival and the reception staff didnt stop on the phone till we got it back...still much appreciated and would reccomend to anyone 100% thanks again

• 2nd May 2014

Very good stay. My best in Milan for this price up to now.

• 25th Apr 2014