Hotel Monopole Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 43, Milan, Italy

very good location, just 3 mins to train station.

Very clean and tidy hotel. The location is very good as it is right next to the train station/metro. One of the ladies behind reception is quite rude. But the other receptionists were very helpful.

One of the best hotels I have stayed in.

• 4th Aug 2015

Room is simple but clean and has everything you need. Conveniently close to the train station.

The staff was kind. I got a private room and the bed was uncomfortable and the room was the size of half a regular room I would expect. It was like sleeping in a closet. The bathroom was alright . Just expected more for the price but it is directly across from the train station so there is that.

The water is too hot to bath.

The hotel is nice, close to the central station. The staff is nice and helpful. We had a 3 beds room, quite clean. One of the bed was kind of a camping bed, not really comfortable for the price paid. The bathroom was OK. Breakfast was OK, nothing special. Be careful to the extremely high city taxes (we paid 4€/person/night!) which are not inclueded in hostelworld's prices!

Excellent location, very close to the train station. Rooms are a little old but tidy. Would stay again.

The hotel is very close to the train station, but it says 100 metres away. We assumed we would be able to see the hostel from the train station, but had to spend a half hour walking around. Other than this the place was just fine. I suggest some better directions and this would be good (if also a bit cheaper).

The staff is friendly and the hotel is very near the main train station.

Room smelled, my guess is it came from the ventilation. The lady in the reception didn't seem to know what she was doing, the younger woman seemed more in control when she worked. Only stayed one night, and by that it was an ok stay. But I wouldn't stay there for more than that.

We stayed for one night as a stopover, the location right next to the railway station was great. Quick metro trip into the centre of the city. Room was average but what we expected. Luggage storage facilities for the day after our stay were useful.

• 12th Jun 2015

Pillow cases seemed dirty, shower curtain was only fabric that either stuck to your body in the shower or got the entire bathroom floor wet, and towels smelt bad and we're possibly not that clean.

• 27th May 2015

Place is pretty noise, thin walls and you can hear people walking around up stairs. The hotel is close to the train station.

Good place

The shower was cold and the staff knew it. She asked me how the shower was the next day and acknowledged that it was cold but didn't seem to have a desire to do anything about it. The room smelled funny when we entered it. The location was great though, right next to the train/metro station.

Everything was ok.

The facilities could use a major overhaul, the rooms are bare and old, no character. Also, the receptionist was not particularly friendly, and also said the city tax is 4 euro per person per night, which should be included on their hostelworld description.

Actually it's very close to the train station and easy to find it, I lost my passport in the hostel by accident when I checked-out in the early morning, but once I called the reception she was really kind to find it and kept it till I backed. Highly recommend!!!

• 24th Apr 2015
  • China

Very thin walls, one could feel like living with the next door visitors. So noisy bathroom. Plus, windows are also not good to filter the outdoor sounds (trains etc) enough. The hotel location and the stuff is friendly but the hotel needs to be renovated to serve better. Otherwise I wouldnt go there again.

• 14th Apr 2015