Hotel Monopole Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 43, Milan, Italy

This hostel has gone downhill since last I stayed there two years ago. They now charge exorbitant prices for amenities they used to offer for free- for example 6 euros for the take away breakfast that was once included. The night clerk could not give me directions to the hostel and was generally unfriendly (for example when I asked where I could get food). There were dirty towels on the bathroom floor. And the general environment was just sad.

• 7th Oct 2014

Dear Madam, we are sorry you were disappointed with your accommodation but we must point out that a 'low budget private room' was booked and despite the very poor fare you paid the room has private facilities, television, free wifi and internet services, plus the hygiene section is very strict in the hotel and all linen - the 'exorbitant' buffet breakfast rate (only € 6) has never changed since 2005!!!and it has never been included in the rate (Hostelkworld buudies also con confirm this.

good hotel, easy to find, clear and comfortable. The only thing is during the night, we can still hear the train, a little bit annoying. not a big deal since it is quite close to the train station.

Toilet leaked the entire time. Extremely noisy as the blackout shutter did not work. Good location.

Very helpful staff; made my trip in Milan to have such friendly assistance.

In our room was terrible smell and it came from toilet. We comlained of it and we suggested that we would get a compensation (breakfast or so), but nothing happened. 4 nights in that smell, not nice.

Sorry for the guests disapp. but occasionally when the weather changes there might be stronger smells coming from the general city pipes ( it does not have to do with our pipes) - plus the level of hygiene in our hotel is double checked every day - sorry again but when you reserve low budget rooms like the one these guests had booked (they paid about 35 € per person through a very busy period due to commercial fairs on and the Monza Car Race) there is unfortunately no space for compensation

Receptionist was extremely unhelpful and unpleasant. Wifi was terrible (which is vital for those of us travelling around Europe and need to make plans). Room wouldn't lock from the inside which left it open while we slept. Toilet seat broken and shower flooded the bathroom. 2 star accommodation at best.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • hmottishaw

Dear Sirs,sorry for your disappointment but through many other reviews and our controls we can accomplish that our staff tends to be very helpful with all our guests and that the room given to you was above average and above the very low budget rate you paid (not even the cheapest Youth Hostel would charge you around 26€ pp for a private room with private facilities for 3 people, AC etc..). Plus we have three perfectly working wi fi lines some appliances . Sorry again for your disappointment.

Nice place. Frienly stuff. But nott a 3 star hotel. So it feals a bit irritating to pay the 3star turist tax.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

You get what you pay for. It's central, it's cheap. Don't expect anything other than the basics. Stick with that attitude and you won't be disappointed.

For a layover near the train station the location is excellent but I wouldn't walk around after dark. Very friendly staff. Only concern was that the carpet in my room was wet; I can only assume it was from a previous tenant and had. It been noticed.

The room was very overpriced for what I received. Good for a one night stay, but if your stay is longer look elsewhere as there is no nightlife, and the neighborhood is not very nice at all. bathroom needs work. Small is an understatement and the shower floods the floor. I would probably not rebook.

• 1st Jul 2014

sorry, this customer unfortunately forces us to an almost embarassing reply - HE WAS PAYING € 40.80 !!!! His room by the way was the standard single room ensuite and not the low budget (as he had originally booked - a little upgrade was even made) - He had free internet point and wifi too. We do not know what to add more

Really close to the railway station, and good for what you pay for, however the wifi didn't work properly in our room. Decent room with good amenities.

I opted for a cheap hostel on my single night in Milan. First, Hotel Monopole is terribly old and the first hand impression is not very good. But the rooms are actually not bad. The shower and the bed works :) It also excels by being right next to the train station, which is convenient (especially since it connects to the airport). The breakfast was also quite good, with a sizeable selection. So if you are looking for a cheap room with basic functionalities, Hotel Monopole is a good choice!

The hotel is worth the money if you won't be staying for long in Milan. It is located extremely close to Milano Cetnrale. Be careful at night time. You are downtown and there are quite a few odd people about at night. For instance, a "lady" offered me her "services" while I was having a cigarette outside the front door of Monopole. The staff is extremely nice, however, and speak fluent English.

• 19th Jun 2014

I stayed in on person room (room 606), and it was a bit like h poor hotel, old, damage, small bethroom with mold.

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Israel

Great place if you are staying for a few days. Conveniently close to th station but a bit of a walk to the central areaof Milano.

They messed up our reservations. Didn't even wanted to see what was in the online form of reservation. Very rude and impolite staff.

Stay for one night whilst in transit between cities. Arrived at 2am and staff were ready and willing to check me in and even offered late check-out free of charge. Keep in mind, it is a hotel, not a hostel (private rooms, no atmosphere etc). But perfectly clean and comfortable.

Just an average hotel in my opinion. My room had a small tv but the fact that it had a tv was surprising, so it was a bonus in this case.

Convenient, safe, good value.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

friendly staff and super central, you can get buses, metro and trains.

• 11th Jun 2014