Hotel Monopole Reviews

Via Fabio Filzi 43, Milan, Lombardy, Italy

struggled to lock my door at times.

Especially after having just stayed in hostels, Hotel Monopole was a breath of fresh air. I really liked that there was someone at the desk 24/7. They held our bags for free after we had check out and there was a free computer we could use. The only issues I had was the bed was a little uncomfortable and the wifi didn't reach the third floor. However, this is the perfect spot for a budget traveler. All the big sites are only a 20-30 minute walk away.

• 31st Mar 2014

It seemed during our stay that anyone could get to our appartment by only asking for the appartment number. The staff was helpful when asked about general touristic questions, but sometimes they did not know how to help in simple questions about restaurants, room helping, etc. They taxed a 4 euro touristic tax over the website price, they said it is in the description of hostelworld site, but I can not find it.

Mattress and pillows were moldy smelling.

The are is not that good, it's dirty and dark, but it's near the train station though which is a good if you need to move around. A bit expensive for the quality it offers, being an old building, location, etc.... The breakfast buffet though is very rich and tasty.

• 2nd Mar 2014
  • Greece

The rooms are nice and cozy. The staff is extremely warm and helpful. The breakfast buffet is a wonderful continental spread to begin my day with. All in all I would recommend the place to anyone who's looking for decent stays providing value for money that is not very taxing on the pocket!!!! I would come back at stay here if I have to :D

• 8th Feb 2014
  • India

the tv didnt work, the WIFI went on and off, they bothered a lot and only one man at reception was kind and one of two cleanning ladies.

I just had to stay overnight to catch a train the next morning so the hotel was perfectly fine for me. The room is small and very oldfashioned, nothing special. Staff is nice though - really a very average hotel experience over all. For me personally the price is quite high, but that seems to be normal here...

• 17th Nov 2013

Hotel Monopole was a good place for us to stay for one night while we were passing through Milan. At first glance it looks a bit run down because it seems it hasn't been redecorated in a few decades, however this is pretty common for Italy and does not determine anything about cleanliness or conditions of the room. Don't be deterred from this place (like us NYers were). Our room was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The best feature was how close it was to the central station.

I had a room that was super small and didn't include breakfast. For the price I paid it should have. It was decent and freindly, but not worth the money.

Very close to the main train station and to a metro station. Clean. Nice staff.

I only really stayed here to be close to the train station. It does the trick, rooms are nice and I slept well. Nothing overly exciting about it but a decent place to stay for a night or two.

I had a very pleasant stay there and will return if I pass through Milano again.

Stayed here one night just to be close to the train station. It's nothing special but certainly one of the nicer hotels close to the station. Would recommend if you're just passing through

THe location of this hotel is good if you want to be right next to the train station. If you want to be in the city center and by all the famous spots I would pick somewhere else because it took me about 20-30 minutes to walk to any of the famous stuff at a fast pace. They seemed to be doing renovations, but I was still in an older part of the hotel which was fine but outdated for the price. Also breakfast is not included.

very close to central station, lifts only for slim people, street little bit noisy, nice price for double room with bathroom, quite clean.

• 2nd May 2013
  • Poland

Near the train station so good for us. Room was clean. Basic room to rest after a busy day site seeing.

Reasonable price for a hotel next to Milan central train station. clean and nice for a twin room.

Decent hotel, very close to Milano Centrale train, metro, bus and tram stations. Safe are, a few Chinese supermarkets and cafes around it. Stayed in a standard room for 2days: clean sheets & bathroom, heat was working, TV, towels, toiletries included. Oldish furniture and a old room smell, but it's ok. Overlooking the main street and kind of noisy in the morning. Very good breakfast for 6 euros, coffee included, all you can eat. Helpful, friendly staff. 30 min walk or take tram to the Dome.

you have to pay extra for everything, even for a cup of hot water

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7