Hotel Montealegre Reviews

Calle Monte Alegre 244, Cerro Alegre, Valparaiso, Chile

No Rating

The only issue I can think of is that the water heater was not always on, so if you wanted to take a shower in the afternoon or early in the evening, you had to ask for them to turn it on and wait for more than an hour. On the other hand, the staff was really nice and helpful.

• 29th Mar 2013
  • Argentina

I really would like to rave about this place, it has so much going for it-- great location, great staff (even by hospitality industry standards, the staff were especially welcoming and helpful). But it was overpriced for what it was. My bed was uncomfortable, and the shower curtain rod fell out of the ceiling when I hung my towel on it. If it were $20 or even $30 USD, it would have been a good value, but for $50 USD I expected more, even by backpacker standards.

Yasmin at the desk gave me a very helpful map of the city and showed me where the restaurants and cafes were. I wish I had that map when I arrived because Valparaiso is laid out helter-skelter without the common city grid of other large Chilean towns. Take the funicular up to the Naval Museum if you can. The views of the port are well worth it and the Museum ain't half bad either.

The hotel was very clean and the staff and management were extremely thoughtful and kind. We will certainly recommend this hotel as excellent value for money.

Location is perfect. The staff very friendly and helpful.

Not for those who want to party but fantastic beds, hot showers and a good Kitchen. Great value for the price

Very nice hostel with pretty rooms and a very good view to the sea. We were very pleased!!!

Perfect Hostel, big Kitchen with all the equipment, atmospheric attic with a great view of the bay and the port. Great location in Cerro Alegre. Nice, clean) Room, great, private bathroom and the best thing the people there! A couple of very nice students life there and a great owner! Thanks a lot!

Noisy! Noisy! Noisy and a disgusting kitchen!

really wonderfull location, close to evrywhere where U need to go in beautyful Valpo. very nice people on board (Jeanette!!!!thank You), nice rooms, fully equiped kitchen for everybody. We had there really nice stay.