Hotel My Home Reviews

Haarlemmerstraat 82, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I had the best time. A little update would be awesome, but change is not always for the best ...

Expensive for the quality of the bedrooms offered. The bathrooms are shared, old and very small. The bedrooms wich the view are for the street are very noisy until late cause there's a bar in front of the hotel.

Really friendly staff has absolutely no problems with the rooms or staff. Location is amazing, 420 friendly which is always a plus. Would definitely stay again.

• 4th Jan 2016

Brilliant!

Cannot speak highly enough of this hostel - the family that runs this are fantastic. In a slightly older building but with excellent security and a great location within the main tourist district. Coming downstairs from our room each morning we were cooked fresh eggs by a lady (whose name I cannot recall), at no extra cost. We stayed here as a group of 5 in late December and can say this may be the most unique hostel experience we have had - a very homely vibe!

Absolutely loved my stay here. Older hotel so some of the facilities were starting to show age, but the overall feel was welcoming and comfortable, they couldnt do more for us!

The cheapest option if you want to be right in the center. Suprisingly, it was also very quiet, with good atmosphere, friendly staff (and cat!) and excellent breakfast. It does have a common room, but it is more of a dinning room, and the rooms are tiny - open the door, fall into the bed, and I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up in one of the rooms and someone told me I was somwhere in the old USSR.

• 5th Dec 2015
  • Spain

The location was brilliant

The room too small & the atmosphere too worst . Room is dark. Once I Check in paid the full fees & we decided not to stay at that place but owner still charging us 2 night staying fees That is so unfair & I would bring my complained to Netherlands Tourism Department & high light The issue I have face via booking the room in Hostelworld

• 12th Nov 2015
  • Malaysia

Good localization but small rooms, but clean, with smoke smell, nobody tol us that the rooms were smooking rooms. Very nice breakfast, the best of the hostel. Terribly stairs and no atmosphone at all, we didn´t see many people around.

+The staff is very nice, the location is very good-close to the center, lots of coffeshops around, the room was quiet. - The rooms are small, the toilets are very small, there are not enough storage space (or even nails in the shower to hang a towel or something) - the rooms are superficially cleaned (dust, hair on the floors)

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Romania

Great hostel to chill and have a smoke lovely staff not much choice for breakfast that was the only fault!

• 4th Nov 2015

I stayed here many years ago. The welcome then was great, and glad to know it is still the same. A very warmly feeling in my home. The rooms are basic clean,warm Beds comfortable and good showers.Great start to the day here with always a cheery greeting and breakfast. The staff are great ask them for advice they will give you good honest answers. location is great lots of good local restraunts, pubs and cafe's easy access to any where in the city from here as 10mins to Central Station.

Really awesome people who are more than willing to help. I never felt uncomfortable or unsafe. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

• 19th Oct 2015

It was cheap by Amsterdam standards and was very good for a 'cheap' hotel. Things are a little gloomy and minimalist... But it is perfect for slow budget stay in the Dam. Staff are more than friendly and breakfast is great. Just make sure ur check in time is within here hours specified.

The Hotel is perfectly located, close to the central station, in a very nice street full of places to eat, drink and beautifull neighborhood to walk around.The staff was very kind with us and the breakfast was good as well. But the room for two people was very tiny, we barely had space to move not even open our luggage properly, the bed too noisy and we could hear everything from next room. The worst thing for us was that they only had 2 showers and ONE toilet per floor for 15 people at least.

Excellent

• 9th Oct 2015
  • Poland

the main light in our room didn't work. challenging stairs, but i think most budget hotel dont have elevator.

Good location, in a lively street. Bathroom and shower are separated; actually more of a "sprayer" than a shower.

We're a couple who stayed at Hotel My Home for 5 days and we're completely happy: they offer a comfortable bed and an excellent breakfast that allows you to have enough strength to get through the day around the city of Amsterdam. The staff was always kind and polite and they helped us with any issue, they really made us feel like home! Even their cat came to our room some days to say "good morning". I will totally recommend this place if you're looking for something simple and good.

• 18th Sep 2015