Hotel My Home Reviews

Haarlemmerstraat 82, Amsterdam, Netherlands

+ very central + not too expensive + perfect for groups + staff was helpful - sometimes a bit loud at night - shower/toilet on the 3rd floor are smaller than 1m²

A horrible double room !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 10th Sep 2014

Everything is good in the hostel except that the common area is closed in the afternoon.

DO NOT STAY!! No one at reception when I arrived so waited for hours. There was a cat sleeping on my pillow. Each morning at 10 am the cleaner wakes you up and yells at you and forces you out of bed, the staff were incredibly rude, more like a prison. The worst part was the severe BED BUG BITES all over my body which ruined my trip. They would not give me a refund for cancelling my remaining nights. WORST HOSTEL EXPERIENCE!! Avoid fellow travellers.

• 3rd Sep 2014

Hotel my home is a great place to stay i enjoyed my 4 nights ther. Its handy to everything you need in Amsterdam ie coffeeshops, bars, supermarkets, central station even red light afew min walk away but id ds stay ther again cheeseelted

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Perfect. Great breakfast. Clean. Wouldn't change a thing.

We stayed here for 3nights and found the owner & staff to be very helpful . They went out of their way to accommodate any needs that we had. We were also cooked breakfast every morning.Location is great handy

The staff is really nice and breakfast is great! It's not the cleanest, but it's not dirty by any means. The door is a bit hard to find and the steps are very steep. Wifi is excellent!

The staff was nice and friendly, made me feel right at home. Great warm breakfast in the morning, made everyone fresh eggs. Perfect location in the middle of everything. I would stay here again when visiting Amsterdam.

Be aware of a lot of very steep stairs! In general a good experience. Nice and welcoming breakfast ladies. But: Bed bugs! Cleanliness was high, but still...

I don't really know why people have made good comments about this "hotel". It's really a hostel and the staff is very mean. People don't go to Amsterdam only to smoke weed. Out beds had a really strong smoking-smell, which could be normal, but when I ask the owner to change the sheets, he was very mean to me (he walked away when I was talking to him) When we came, we didn't like the place but the reception guy told us that anyways they were gonna charge us through HostelBookers, which is a lie

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Colombia

Thank you for extending our check out time the last day!

• 26th Jun 2014
  • Spain

Nice hostel, friendly staff, good location and really nice area. Included breakfast was great!

The staff was great and location is also good. Small but clean&nice hostel.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Turkey

The rooms had locks but not individual lockers. It was not an issue though and it wasa nice stay.

We enjoyed our stay and we liked the fact you were allowed to smoke in the room, however in relation to facilities, the shower could do with somewhere to hang your towel.

Really cool and helpful staff members. Slightly bizarre layout to the house, but they really can't control that. I'd definitely stay again, especially because of its location: close to Central Station and right downtown, but safely away from the crowds at night.

As described. No thrills. Very good value for money. Super location.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Israel

Interesting, nice people, but very simple and small room.

• 10th May 2014
  • Couple, 41+

The hotel staff, Chris and Tamiko san were so so nice, kind, friendly towards all the travellers. we have good breakfast every morning before out trip out, especially they both served us breakfast at 7am even the time stated is 8am. really really touched in heart. we were told by a traveller that he was so sick and Tamiko san sent him to see the doctor in Amsterdam for several trips to the clinic. Very touching news to know. Great Tamiko san, you are so nice & kind.