8.4
Fabulous 668 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 668 Total Reviews
Hotel My Home Located at Haarlemmerstraat 82, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Holland 1013 EV Haarlemmerstraat 82
84% 668
52.3802099 4.8920273
    Rooms available

12th Sep 2016

It's a very nice small hostel , managed by a friendly management , Supporting u with all of what u need , Specially Chris and Tamiku and Michael . it's looks old but that's the common in all the buildings in Amsterdam , Located in a very active street where u will find food , drinks , cafes , etc , and as well it's located in a walking distance from everywhere , just 5 minutes from the Central station and 10 minutes from Dam Square . It's really valuable for the money we paid .

• Scotland, Male, 41+
8th Sep 2016
6.0

5 people crammed into one tiny room with woefully insufficient space to hang up clothes etc. made life pretty uncomfortable and it's time the door entry system to the rooms was brought into the 21st century - depending on the last person out of the room and in at night to lock the door is a recipe for disaster. That said, great location and smoker-friendly so not all bad.

• Sri Lanka, Mixed Group, 18-24
6th Sep 2016

Great place to stay in a prime location, with everything that would need for a short stay in Amsterdam. Not the most communal hostel, but the couple that run the place are lovely and always willing to help!

• Canada, Couple, 25-30
6th Sep 2016

This hostel was perfect! The location was great if you want something away from the busy centre but still close to anything you may want to do. Our window was on the street side, so a little loud, but not for too late. Breakfast was simple but delicious, eggs cooked to order, coffee, tea, juice and toast. It was also by far the CLEANEST hostel we stayed in. It was an older building, but spotless and comfortable. We would stay here again!

• Israel, Male, 25-30
3rd Sep 2016

We had a wonderful stay there, great friendly staff , location really good ,great value for the money , wifi was good. All considering what you get for the same amount in amsterdam...

• USA, Couple, 25-30
12th Aug 2016

Hotel My Home was perfect and everything we were looking for. Yes, the rooms are small and old. Yes, the staircase at the front door is pretty perilous. Yes, it kinda smells like cat pee on the staircase. BUT barring all those things, it is a lovely hostel with an extremely lovely staff. We felt so welcome the whole time. And every morning the wonderful woman from the front desk makes eggs PERSONALLY for you! great location, never felt unsafe, and you can smoke in the rooms. Would def recommend!

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Aug 2016

The staff is really friendly and the breakfast was awesome. It's very cozy and I will stay there next time I go back

25th Jul 2016
8.0

There is a nice social area but since so many hostel visitors in Amsterdam are constantly stoned it's not necessarily social. Having eggs and coffee provided for breakfast was great though and the location is both close to the train station and some of the more touristy streets. I'd consider staying here again.

20th Jul 2016
4.9

THIS PLACE IS CASH ONLY. They send an email, no one in my room received. I arrived with no euros yet, but the owner got very aggressive to me for not getting his email. He said it was my fault that it never made it to my email inbox or spam. I simply hadn't planned on needing that much cash right away. When I tried to find solutions, he simply shrugged not caring if I stayed or left. If I asked about my deposit for the reservation. He wouldn't listen, only yell and say 'Not my problem'.

• sophieC
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
19th Jul 2016

Lovely hostel in great location very easy to get to all the big attractions. Beds were really comfy unfortunately there were no lockers in the room. Very steep stairs to get in the hostel which makes it interesting trying to leave with your bags but it just adds to the atmosphere. Lovely breakfast in the mornings. Unfortunately the common area is locked at night until 8:30am so no where to sit and chill if you're up early. Would definitely stay again!!