Hotel My Home Reviews

Haarlemmerstraat 82, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I feelt that the room was pretty worn down and in dire need of new paint and furniture. The smoke from maruana in the air was not so nice. The breakfast and the women working the breakfast was super nice so that was nice.

• 12th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

Very friendly and helpful staff.

• 12th Aug 2015

Great hostel on the East side of the city - away from the crazy mega tourist hotels and right in the middle of the relaxed cafe culture The staff where exceptionally friendly (Michael ensuring everyone was happy and prepared for the day) Great social room for solo travelers to meet and chill :) Great breakfast too - coffee, eggs, fruit and breads & spreads

Simple but very nice! Very friendly staff (especially Tamiku). We were happy about the breakfast and we liked the cat! There were some small inconveniences but I think it was a good stay.

• 6th Aug 2015
  • Austria

I really enjoyed my stay here, the location was very good and the staff were very friendly; they gave suggestions of what to do etc :) The breakfast was included and was made to your liking (mostly eggs). There is a lovely common room area where people often sat at night and socialised. The rooms provided linen but the hostel cat often came in through the window and there were hairs on the bed.. Also the showers were quite poor . Overall, lovely hostel and I met some great people!

The hostel was in a good location and the staff kept the bathrooms and showers clean. The rooms felt clean as well. The breakfast was delicious and it was great that it was included in the price. I felt safe in the hostel and all the staff members were really nice. The only thing that bothered me was the smell of weed all throughout the hostel. We were in a smoking room and the hostel always smelled like smoke, so it made it seem a little less clean, but that's my only complaint.

Stayed for 4 nights and it was probably the best hostel I ve been at. Though its not all good. There was no toilet in our room so we had to go to the lobby for that. The shower was one floor above us which made the shower walk rather awkward. But all in all it was a very good place to stay at.

• 9th Jul 2015
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hotel My Home is just the perfect hostel, in my opinion. The staff is all awesome. Chris gave us a lot of tips for getting around and even helped us find a place to park the car for 12 Euro a day. Tamiko was very sweet, kept the place very clean, and made a killer breakfast with perfect over easy fried eggs. The place is very secure, located in a nice area, and between two of the best coffee shops. I fully intend to stay there again the next time I'm able to make it to Amsterdam.

Brilliant place to stay in the heart of Amsterdam city centre. Very close to local amenities as well as very helpful staff.

• 5th Jul 2015

This 5 days were amazing, the company, the location, the breakfast, the lady saying "Good morning!!!", with that big smile and happy face!! Staff 5*!! Be carefull with the cat, he is crazy, if you leave an open window, there he is...!! :D They are so nice peple, we love the su«impayhy, hospitality, kindness, concern... everything. We love Hotel my home and we will return again definitely!!! See you next year! :)

Great little hostel. Pro's: Great location, really central but just away from the mass wave of tourists. Great hosts, (Saludos a Michel, un campeón! nos volveremos a ver algún dia). Free breakfast till 10 Great price, it's very cheap. The rooms are small but all one needs. Free use of computer Amazing little carpet "Made in Afghnistan" that made my day Cons: Steep stairs (only a con for someone with walking problems. Great place, deff stay there again. George

• 19th Jun 2015

Great little Hostel in the the centrum, short way to everywhere! A friendly staff, comfortable bwds and quite quiet rooms. Smoking in rooms.and breakfast was only toasts and eggs, hey, this was worth the money After all, very cheap and easy histel!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Amsterdam is expensive, so if you are a group this is a good option for you. It was not great, but it was clean, breakfast was A+...we walked to everything (van gough, ann frank, red light) so public transport is not required...not a hostel atmosphere, but we talked to other travelers...

Enjoyed our time at Hotel My Home! Breakfast with the eggs was very much appreciated. Only negative feedback is the smell from the entrance stairs.

One of my favourite hostels I've stayed at. Great atmosphere, nice breakfast, can smoke in the rooms, really friendly staff, comfortable common area. Small kitchen. Comfy beds but the bunk beds don't have a ladder. Little outdoor sitting area. Very close to everything. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Rooms were ok for spend a couple of nights. Loveley staff, serving freshly cooked fried or scrambled eggs for breakfast. Very good place to explore Amsterdam.

• 14th May 2015

The rooms where good, a bit small and also the bathrooms where too small! But the location is good and a very good breakfast!

Very nice staff, thanks four your advises!

• 7th May 2015

Staff were very nice. Scrambled eggs were absolutely on point haha! Lovely hostel and so close to everything!

• 7th Apr 2015

I arrived at 5 in the afternoon and nobody was there .. i was out like 30 min in all that cold so i had to looking for another hostel around .. BAD HOSTEL ... Estaba esperando como media hora afuera en todo el frio y nadie me abria la puerta , mala recepcion y eso que les mande un email diciendo mi hora de llegada ... tube que buscar otro hostel a ultima hora ...Super mal