Hotel My Home Reviews

Haarlemmerstraat 82, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great little hostel. Pro's: Great location, really central but just away from the mass wave of tourists. Great hosts, (Saludos a Michel, un campeón! nos volveremos a ver algún dia). Free breakfast till 10 Great price, it's very cheap. The rooms are small but all one needs. Free use of computer Amazing little carpet "Made in Afghnistan" that made my day Cons: Steep stairs (only a con for someone with walking problems. Great place, deff stay there again. George

• 19th Jun 2015

Great little Hostel in the the centrum, short way to everywhere! A friendly staff, comfortable bwds and quite quiet rooms. Smoking in rooms.and breakfast was only toasts and eggs, hey, this was worth the money After all, very cheap and easy histel!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Finland

Amsterdam is expensive, so if you are a group this is a good option for you. It was not great, but it was clean, breakfast was A+...we walked to everything (van gough, ann frank, red light) so public transport is not required...not a hostel atmosphere, but we talked to other travelers...

Enjoyed our time at Hotel My Home! Breakfast with the eggs was very much appreciated. Only negative feedback is the smell from the entrance stairs.

One of my favourite hostels I've stayed at. Great atmosphere, nice breakfast, can smoke in the rooms, really friendly staff, comfortable common area. Small kitchen. Comfy beds but the bunk beds don't have a ladder. Little outdoor sitting area. Very close to everything. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Rooms were ok for spend a couple of nights. Loveley staff, serving freshly cooked fried or scrambled eggs for breakfast. Very good place to explore Amsterdam.

• 14th May 2015

The rooms where good, a bit small and also the bathrooms where too small! But the location is good and a very good breakfast!

Very nice staff, thanks four your advises!

• 7th May 2015

Staff were very nice. Scrambled eggs were absolutely on point haha! Lovely hostel and so close to everything!

• 7th Apr 2015

I arrived at 5 in the afternoon and nobody was there .. i was out like 30 min in all that cold so i had to looking for another hostel around .. BAD HOSTEL ... Estaba esperando como media hora afuera en todo el frio y nadie me abria la puerta , mala recepcion y eso que les mande un email diciendo mi hora de llegada ... tube que buscar otro hostel a ultima hora ...Super mal

We stayed here for three nights loved it. Right in the middle of Amsterdam central very helpful always wanted to help. Stairs a bit of a killer but then could eat and walk it off going up said stairs brilliant would defo stay here again when returning to the city

• 7th Apr 2015

I haver nothing bad to say, every one was very receptive and they helped us with anything we asked! They make you feel like home :D

• 3rd Apr 2015

Best location, greenhouse. Lovely toast cheers Bruce

• 23rd Mar 2015

Great location, cool and soccer knowledgeable staff, clean. Too bad common area not open often: hard to socialize.

Location is the only thing this hostel has to offer. After reviewing different hostels i thought Hotel My Home was a solid choice, upon arriving there me and my 3 friends got stuck in a room with no bathroom even on our floor, absolutely no wifi, and what seemed to be pubes on the sheets, even an eyelash on my pillow. We argued with the tenant and eventually called Hostelworld and got our money back. I would never suggest going there to someone.

• 14th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

There was a free pool table advertised but this didn't exist. Communal area was often closed or empty so it wasn't a very sociable hostel! Also there were no lockers to store valuables.

Enjoyed our stay at the hotel great location and friendly helpful staff

• 5th Mar 2015

Really nice hostel! This place is in an awesome location. We walked everywhere from here. Its right by the red light district but outside enough that it's a quieter place. The cat is adorable and super friendly. Breakfast is included and great. Staff is really friendly and they play awesome rock music in the lounge area. Great place to stay!

We enjoyed our stay. Friendly staff, prime location. If you want a good hostel in the city of Amsterdam we recommend this one.

• 26th Feb 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Well beeing in a smoking room without you actually smoking is never nice but the cat made up for that. The shower on the top floor could use a bit tlc but all in all it's a hostel and I enjoyed my stay. Thay make you fresh eggs for breakfast and that I would have never expected there. PS.: I hope you like steep staricases. ;)

• 20th Feb 2015