8.4
Fabulous 659 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 659 Total Reviews
Hotel My Home Located at Haarlemmerstraat 82, , Amsterdam.
Netherlands
Amsterdam Holland 1013 EV Haarlemmerstraat 82
84% 659
52.3802099 4.8920273
    Rooms available

• USA, Couple, 25-30
12th Aug 2016

Hotel My Home was perfect and everything we were looking for. Yes, the rooms are small and old. Yes, the staircase at the front door is pretty perilous. Yes, it kinda smells like cat pee on the staircase. BUT barring all those things, it is a lovely hostel with an extremely lovely staff. We felt so welcome the whole time. And every morning the wonderful woman from the front desk makes eggs PERSONALLY for you! great location, never felt unsafe, and you can smoke in the rooms. Would def recommend!

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Aug 2016

The staff is really friendly and the breakfast was awesome. It's very cozy and I will stay there next time I go back

25th Jul 2016
8.0

There is a nice social area but since so many hostel visitors in Amsterdam are constantly stoned it's not necessarily social. Having eggs and coffee provided for breakfast was great though and the location is both close to the train station and some of the more touristy streets. I'd consider staying here again.

20th Jul 2016
4.9

THIS PLACE IS CASH ONLY. They send an email, no one in my room received. I arrived with no euros yet, but the owner got very aggressive to me for not getting his email. He said it was my fault that it never made it to my email inbox or spam. I simply hadn't planned on needing that much cash right away. When I tried to find solutions, he simply shrugged not caring if I stayed or left. If I asked about my deposit for the reservation. He wouldn't listen, only yell and say 'Not my problem'.

• sophieC
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
19th Jul 2016

Lovely hostel in great location very easy to get to all the big attractions. Beds were really comfy unfortunately there were no lockers in the room. Very steep stairs to get in the hostel which makes it interesting trying to leave with your bags but it just adds to the atmosphere. Lovely breakfast in the mornings. Unfortunately the common area is locked at night until 8:30am so no where to sit and chill if you're up early. Would definitely stay again!!

• New Zealand, Female, 41+
18th Jul 2016

This hostel is in an old building but very well maintained by very friendly people who are eager to please. The location is fantastic, within walking distance to almost everywhere. They serve a very good breakfast included in the accomodation cost.

• England, Female, 25-30
4th Jul 2016

Nice hotel with friendly staff. Home made breakfast. Classic Dutch property in great location, short walk to train station and main strip. Will stay again.

• reillystroud
  • USA, Female, 18-24
27th Jun 2016
5.7

The hostel is a short walk to the train station and in a very nice area. It is pretty far from the Van Gough museum & the Anne Frank house as a heads up if you planned on visiting those attractions. The staff is very nice and relaxed. The hotel is very narrow so expect to walk a ton of stairs to get to your room. The rooms are very plain and mostly clean. The breakfast was eggs & toast. Just expect the basic necessities, a clean bed & wifi.

• England, Male, 41+
20th Jun 2016

I have been staying in hostel in Amsterdam for over 30 years and this is the best one by far, the owners are lovely friendly people, rooms were very clean and tidy, clean bedding everyday, free breakfast every morning and all the tea and coffee you can drink, you can come and go as you please, I'm coming back in September and will be staying here again.

• Wales, Male, 41+
10th Jun 2016

I have stayed here three times in the last 25 yrs, and it is still run by the same Guy. Chris is one of the nicest people I have ever met. And I have no reason not to recommend thisHostel. Yes the stairs are pretty much vertical, but it is such a chilled place you cannot help but like it. It is on the same street as Barneys The Green House The Dampring and Popeye's what's not to love? Thanks again Chris, hope to see You again soon. :)