Hotel MyStays Asakusa Reviews

1-21-11, Honjo, Sumida-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Great location as a base for Tokyo. Hotel was excellent, it offers privacy if you want it, or a good base to get over a long haul flight before you hit the dorms of backpackers hostels!

Good proximity to food and nightlife, Sensoji Temple and the river fairys to Obaida, although a little bit of a walk from the nearest JR station. Reasonable amount of spare space around the bed compared to the other Japanese hotels I'd been to. Helpful staff, although they weren't complete proficient in English.

• 15th Apr 2015

The staff's English is not perfect unfortunately so even asking for some basic things (like calling your next stay to ask them if early check-in/leave your baggage) was both difficult to explain and also when it was understood what I wanted to do they didn't want to call them with the basic answer that all places are equipped with such amenities in Japan (even though I had some different experiences to contradict this statement).

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Sweden

MyStays Asakusa room is very modern looking, which is the type I like. It was located near Kuramae Subway, and the famous Asakusa Temple is within walking distance(10 mins). From Kurame walked to Hotel, you will see Tokyo Skytree which is beautiful. I stayed here together with my mother. The room has a microwave, induction cooker and a pot so I was able to cook some light meal. However, for the price paid (10,000 Yen per room per night), it's rather pricey, without room service.

Good and I love to stay here. I will stay again. thanks

• 6th May 2014
  • Thailand

We had a great time in this hotel. Good location in the heart of asakusa

Rooms are nice and clean and well stocked with some kitchen ware so you could do some cooking in the room.

• 31st Dec 2010
  • New Zealand

Good location , only 5 minutes away from subway station. The room is tiny but in good condition except air con made such a loud noise.

Staff is very kind and helpful. However, room, bathroom and bed size are very small.. Accessibility is not bad.. 3~5 mins from Kuramae Station. I recommend double bed room for a couple who want to save money.. I had good time..

VERY VERY HARD TO FIND. The place was the oldest and dirtiest of my 2 week trip. Everywhere else is great in Japan but not this place. The staff were friendly however.

This is a good place for backpackers or people on a budget. The staff is very professional and helpful. It is clean but no real character to the building or the surroundings neighborhood. Having the laundry room was an asset. We were traveling as a family of 5 with kids 9-15, so this was not the ideal place for our family. I was thinking it would be a cozy place for us to cook and hang out in like locals but the rooms are too small and no real kitchen area to cook on for more than 1 person.

Reception spoke good english, very helpful, would recommend. Close to Kuramae station, bed comfortable

clean, but decor looking old with dirty wallpaper. (brown marks etc)

Wonderful stay! I'll be back soon here I hope.