Hotel New Azuma Reviews

2-38-3,Kiyokawa,Taitoku, Tokyo, Japan

I gave the place honest ratings with consideration of what people generally look for. I don't think it's really a social hostel. The location is a quiet part of Tokyo away from the action. I really liked it though because it allowed my mind to relax a bit. I got a single and slept in. Most of the staff speak good enough english and were very sweet. A few stops away from Ueno and you're back into the action. Everything worked and it was clean. Mostly old Japanese men checked in. I will stay again

I had a good experience for me even if I only stayed 1 night. I wanted to try the Tatami bed and I was not disappointed. People said it is dirty : it is not TRUE. The building is a little old and when you compare with Hostels in Asakusa of course it looks different but really you cannot say it is not clean. The location is okay. You go straight from the metro station,left and left. I asked for directions by mail and they answered me really fast and with an accurate answer.

No complaints about the attitude of staff. However, I'm sorry to say that other reviews do not exaggerate; the hostel is seriously dirty, especially around bathroom and shower areas. I was also unpleasantly suprised by the fact that smoking is allowed on the ground floor. The curfew at midnight is also a drawback - although the trains stop around that time anyway, it would be nice to have at least a half hour of leeway.