Hotel Nguyet Van Reviews

59/10 Ho Hao Hon Street, Co Giang Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Convenient for the price. The entrance seems creepy the first time but once inside it is a nice place. We did have an ipod missing but we can't guarantee it was the hotel staff. Just in case keep your values safe while you let staff clean your room.

This hotel was a good budget place to stay and if your booking in advance you can't get much cheaper (of course if you shop around once in HCM you will find cheaper). Staff were friendly and helpful and actively studying English when not serving customers which is great to see. Its about a 10min walk to backpacking area but a plus is that cheap, local street food is right outside the hotel. Rooms were clean enough and we will be returning at the end of our trip in Vietnam.

Recommended, with reservations. Long walk to reach the tourist areas: it's maybe 15 minutes to walk there. Taxis are very cheap and metered, so it's easy to get around that way. Lots of stairs. In a little side-alley, so not much traffic noise. Our room was comfortable with good AC. Some small things showed lack of care: lots of lightbulbs burned out. Wifi was ok. It was fine for a budget hotel and we ended up staying several days: it just lacked hospitality and warmth.

We had lots of ants in our room. Plus the cleaning staff throw my box for my contact lenses away, I didn't understand why because they were lying on the sink for drying. The staff offered me a free motorbike ride but it took more than one hour to buy new one (which I had to pay on my own :/ ) because the guy seemed to have no idea where he should bring me. Was really annoying!

Located not too far from the main backpacking / tourist area. Staff were helpful. We were able to do some laundry for a fair price. It's not really a place for backpackers or travellers looking for a party as it's really more just like a standard hotel but overall good value for money.

We stayed on the fith floor of the hotel which had a nice footop area. However it was a nightmare to walk up and down the stairs. Room was large and well equipped but sadly the shower didn't work very well and the open vent to another bathroom allowed everything to be heard from room to room.