Hotel Nguyet Van Reviews

59/10 Ho Hao Hon Street, Co Giang Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

This hotel was a good budget place to stay and if your booking in advance you can't get much cheaper (of course if you shop around once in HCM you will find cheaper). Staff were friendly and helpful and actively studying English when not serving customers which is great to see. Its about a 10min walk to backpacking area but a plus is that cheap, local street food is right outside the hotel. Rooms were clean enough and we will be returning at the end of our trip in Vietnam.

• 7th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Recommended, with reservations. Long walk to reach the tourist areas: it's maybe 15 minutes to walk there. Taxis are very cheap and metered, so it's easy to get around that way. Lots of stairs. In a little side-alley, so not much traffic noise. Our room was comfortable with good AC. Some small things showed lack of care: lots of lightbulbs burned out. Wifi was ok. It was fine for a budget hotel and we ended up staying several days: it just lacked hospitality and warmth.

We had lots of ants in our room. Plus the cleaning staff throw my box for my contact lenses away, I didn't understand why because they were lying on the sink for drying. The staff offered me a free motorbike ride but it took more than one hour to buy new one (which I had to pay on my own :/ ) because the guy seemed to have no idea where he should bring me. Was really annoying!

Located not too far from the main backpacking / tourist area. Staff were helpful. We were able to do some laundry for a fair price. It's not really a place for backpackers or travellers looking for a party as it's really more just like a standard hotel but overall good value for money.

We stayed on the fith floor of the hotel which had a nice footop area. However it was a nightmare to walk up and down the stairs. Room was large and well equipped but sadly the shower didn't work very well and the open vent to another bathroom allowed everything to be heard from room to room.

They lost my football shirt in the laundry. To be fair they refunded the 100VND but I would have liked more than that given the value of the shirt. Hotel is close to tourist area whilst not being in the main centre, which is perfect for me. Place doesn't really have a great atmosphere but I guess that's for the price. TV channels are good, cable TV.

Great hotel, good location for getting around and seeing Ho Chi Minh with friendly staff. If I'm going to make a complaint I'd say the bathroom is a touch small and there is no elevator, but I am being picky saying making these comments. We enjoyed our stay, I would stay there again and we recommended the place to our friends who were heading down to Saigon.

Kind staff helped us take our luggage to room at 3rd floor. Next to Startravel, a travel agent. Near FamilyMart. Wifi ok at room. Fridge not working.

Very good place to stay, clean room and helpful staff.

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Poland

The location of this hotel is amazing and the security is good. I am a repeat offender at this hotel because the following aspects are all great: location is quiet yet close enough to stroll to the action (I tried staying in the action, you can forget about sleeping), Value for money is about 2 times cheaper than similar District 1 hotels, friendly staff are always eager to help you out with maps, advice... even just hanging out. I will keep returning as things have improved each stay

• 6th Dec 2013

Positive: friendly staff and good location Negative: our first room had mould on all walls and smelled badly like mould. Water was leaking on the floor and ants were crawling around. We had to ask twice to get a different room. First they said they were fully booked but this turned out not to be. The second room was better but still mouldy and also had some ants. We had to sleep on dirty bedsheets with stains and hairs on them and there were still bottles laying around from the last visitors.