8.1
Fabulous 240 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 240 Total Reviews
Hotel Otter Located at Oberdorfstrasse 7, , Zurich.
Switzerland
Zurich 8001 Zurich Oberdorfstrasse 7
81% 240
47.3686251 8.5455197
    Rooms available

13th Sep 2016
7.7

I enjoyed my stay at Hotel Otter, and it was in a pretty good location. I was in a 4 person shared room, and it was very spacious with large lockers to store things in. Breakfast was included, which was nice. If you just need a place to sleep, this is a great choice, but it wasn't quite like the other hostels I've stayed in as there was no common area or any kitchen facilities.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
12th Sep 2016

Stayed there for 1 night, I arrived too early to check in but they allowed me to shower and leave my luggage until I checked in. It's a great location and close to a lot of great spots. The water nearby is amazing and swimming is very enjoyable. The free breakfast was adequate and prepared for you. That's a nice addition because Zurich is bloody expensive. The bar/restaurant on the main floor was handy and popular. Was my first hostel ever and I enjoyed it all.

• England, Male, 18-24
1st Sep 2016

Really helpful and friendly staff with a perfect location. It's the most expensive city in the world so although this hostel, i would say, is expensive. For Zurich, it is very budget so in that respect you are getting a LOT for your money. Would happily stay again.

28th Aug 2016

Very happy about the choice. Being close to the lake is definitely a plus.

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
24th Aug 2016
4.3

Not a hostel I would return to. The place lacked any atmosphere and guests were often middle aged +. The staff were not present throughout my stay so I couldn't ask for help with things to do in the city etc. Also no one was around when I was checking out which resulted in the hostel accusing me of not paying (when I did) and charged me twice for my stay because they mixed me up with someone else. Due to the exchange rate I didn't get the full amount of money back 😡

• Thailand, Female, 31-40
17th Aug 2016

Really lucky to find this hostel although it's not the cheapest but it's very good value for the money and it's locate in the best part of the town so it safe here. Very warm welcome the owner was really kind. Breakfast is also included which is great. The bar down stair it's really good bar staffs was great too. I would stay here again so highly recommended.

17th Aug 2016

Hotel Otter was a nice little place with a 4 bed bunk. Sort of expensive though. They did have great breakfast and the room was very clean. The facilities were okay. The atmosphere could have been a little bit more lively.

• niccibounds
  • Canada, Female, 18-24
16th Aug 2016
5.7

The location is the only good thing going for this place. There is no common area to meet other travelers. There is only one bathroom for the whole floor and it was poorly kept. The storage for luggage was poor and the staff weren't very helpful. Will not be staying here again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Aug 2016

For the price, the location was amazing!! I was looking at other accommodation 2 minutes away and they were triple the price. Rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was fresh and delicious. Would highly recommend!

• Pakistan, Male, 25-30
10th Aug 2016

This hotel is located just beside the lake and location is outstanding. Rooms were clean and wifi was fast. I had my first experience to live in zurich in a hostel and im happy that i made a good choice. I would love to come again and stay here