Hotel Paola Reviews

Via Faenza, 56, Florence, Italy

A pretty basic hotel, but okay value for money. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Very clean and tidy. However the FOUR HOUR lock out period from 10am-2pm is excessive and inconvenient. I have worked in hospitality, two hours is more than enough to clean those rooms! Everything else was excellent.

I and the others in my room got a bad case of bed bugs! The manager refused to provide us compensation to check out early and simply said that I had already laid and there was nothing she could do but offer me a smaller room with no locker and no bathroom? Disgusting service to say the least. Don't even think about going here. The manager said she had an "expert" investigate but couldn't find the bugs. Didn't explain why all of us in our room got them. They were definitely not mosquito bites.

Amazing staff, clean facilities, and great location. What more could you ask for?

I liked the hostel. Very kind staff but little bit tidy.

We spent one night in 4 shared bedroom. The room was very clean, toilet and bathroom also okay. The receptionist is very friendly. We had great time here

The hotel was a mess. Stayed in 4-bed dormitory with no decoration at all. A ceiling fan that doesnt work. Swarm of mosquitoes will wake you up at night. Dont be surprised if youll wake up with patches of rashes. Secondly, the sheets and the smells terribly bad. I have been to different countries and cities in Italy, stayed in dormitories but this place is a total NO NO. My experience/expectations in Florence was dragged down by this Hostel. I WILL NEVER EVER STAY IN THIS PLACE AGAIN.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Philippines

The hostel was very easy to find and only a short walk away from the train station. The beds were very comfortable but we were woken quite early by work men outside our window.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Excellent wifi. Your bed and room are clean daily which is convenient .However no common room so to speak and no computer cluster.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Seychelles

I love this place!!! It makes you feel an special costumer!!! And Aura is an excellent hostess!!!

• 25th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

It's cheaper than some of the other more well known hostels in Florence, and I had a good experience. I only stayed one night but I met some cool people despite there not being a huge common area. Staff was super friendly. You have to haul your luggage up some stairs though, because there's no lift.

Very close to train station. The staff is extremely nice. Everything is good here.

Location is greaaaat! Staff are amazing!!

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Saudi Arabia

Staff was very helpful. They let us (7 people) drop off our bags and check in early without question, even though check in was at two and it was 1:30. They could easily have just told us to go away and come back later. And the woman at the reception desk spoke very good English and was very polite. The price and location are enough to stay here, the staff made it a great experience. A+. Would stay here again.

• 16th Jun 2014

I stayed in the 5 bed mix dorm. The room was a bit dim but it was fine for me. The wifi connection was sometimes weak in the room. The drainage in the bathroom that i used did not work efficiently. The staff were very nice. They were willing to help you. I can put my luggage there until 1030 pm after checkout. Overall, the hostel is fine.

This was an overall nice hostel. The rooms were clean and had their own bathrooms attached which is always a perk. The staff was very helpful and kind. The wifi in the facility was good and they provided additional computers with internet access. Not as close to the airport and Paris attractions as we had hoped, but was an overall good experience and I would recommend it for people looking for a nice place to stay in Paris.

• 30th May 2014

We found the hostel after we arrived the city and I am still grateful we found that hostel. It was very central and in the rooms you can get the atmosphere of Florence with high-ceilings and the wide window with the view of the street. I am glad we have been there, and I definitely suggest to others.

The single room is indeed very small, but okay for a few days. The showes where dirty and used very frequently. As there is just a small hallway it was not so much space to meet people and to eat a bit.

Aside from the showers being cold for the first couple of nights my stay was great.

• 18th Apr 2014