Hotel Payal Reviews

1182, Main Bazzar , Pahar Ganj, New Delhi, India

Friendly guys. Give good information.

Traveling in India for 3 weeks already, I had low expectations for Delhi based on others. Payal still disappointed me. Location of Payal is terrific. Close to shops, restaurants, train, metro stations, and relatively safe. The bad: room wasn't the cleanest; service was a bit poor. I asked for a map and they didn't have any. Had to ask multiple times to exchange stained bed sheets and to fix the hot water. They said to go upstairs to shared bathroom. Bit noisy for light sleepers. Wifi not stable.

The hotel was not exactly what I was expected (not what I saw on the website, older, noisy,..), but the owner is really nice and can organize nice tours.

The Hotel was really clean. The staff was really nice and they helped us all the time with any problem, they were friendly and polite and we felt a good atmosphere.. Indian people are really friendly in general-

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Located in the heart of the backpacker district, the hotel payal was a safe haven to come back to! It was both my partner and I first time in India and it was very overwhelming! So it was nice to have a clean room.The manager at the hotel was nice and so were the staff and we ended up booking a private car to take us to Jaipur, Agra and then back to Delhi with the Hotel and was very please with our service and driver' who was very helpful and knowledgeable showing us the sights.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Wales

Nice budget hotel and helpfull manager. Stayed for 1 night. Walked in and made a reservation the night before. Manager (ishaan) was very helpful and made me feel welcome.The wifi was stable and fast. Important for me when making our research for our traveling. The room was clean. The manager helped us print our next booking for free and offered us nice chai tea twice. In general a friendly place where i felt very welcome.

• 25th Dec 2013

great gateway to India. Good location, very safe place, free WiFi, steam hot water and ETC. Recommed! right in the heart on new Delhi everything is very near!new Delhi train station is walking distance able and subway too ! 5 stars for staff special thanks to vicky and ishaan ,they helped a lot when a auto driver try to charge me more then double they help me to get back the money . great place to meet travelers on roof.

got very bad experience when i arrived to igi airport booked a prepaid taxi from airport but unfortunately had a horrible driver who said that he dosent know the location as well pahar ganj is under construction and took me to the OFFICIAL TOURIST OFFICE where they tried to sell me a tour but i had confirmation from hotel payal so i did not trust them and went to the payal by my self there i figure out that it was a scam as well that this is what mostly peoples suffer if thy dont book pick up

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Spain

it was my first trip to delhi ,was to afraid to be there because i was there by my own and heard lots of things about delhi but anyway i enjoyed my stay at hotel payal ,you feel more like a home then hostel staff was extremely helpful !! they helped me with many things alike delhi map and sort out my 3 weeks trip to india,etc! would stay there again at the and of my trip and recommend to everyone hotel payal if its their first time here !! thanks again ;)

• 2nd Nov 2013