Hotel Payal Reviews

1182, Main Bazzar , Pahar Ganj, New Delhi, India

You'll have plenty of chances to rough it on India; take advantage of this haven in crazy Delhi for as long as you can. Spotlessly clean, bright and functional rooms, small but very efficient and comfortable. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Free wifi, hot showers, good tv and very accessible location.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

he hotel is located within a very busy bazaar which is excellent for all your shopping and souvenir needs! It is a 5 minute walk from New Delhi Railway Station and 15 minutes from Connaught Place. It is a ideal base for visiting all Delhi has to offer.As for the hotel itself it is very basic but excellent value for money. The rooms are clean and quiet during the evening. Staff are very helpful and will attempt to cater for your every need. The airport pick up is also recommended and very reliabl

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Japan

You get what you paid ! i have no complain staying hotel payal at all . wifi and hot shower works well airport pick up service too ! very near from all the activity like subway ,new Delhi train station and central delhi ! highly recommend for whose are on short budget ..

• 27th Jan 2015

The shower was not hot at all in winter. There is only one blanket which is not warm enough to sleep.

Very very cold at night this hostel do not cost this money...

I don't know where the previous reviewers stayed...but I'm guessing not on the top (3rd) floor, cause it was a dump. Not at all like pictures or reviews would leave you to believe. No tv. Dirty sheets/blankets. Leaking toilet that flooded floor with each flush. Wifi doesn't reach room...And it's LOUD! Take my word for it-- opt for another place (off an alleyway!). For 400 rs I was able to get everything and more than I did at Payal (540/night) and I was able to sleep past 8am!

On arrival of guests, it would be nice to provide, in the room, with things like a glass (tumbler), towels.

Neat little hotel located right near a market. Staff were extremely helpful in helping us organise activities / transport. Rooms were nice and clean. Masala Chai was so good. Would recommend =)

• 25th Nov 2014

Had a great stay at payal! Firstly we had a pick up booked through the hotel after reading how busy and full of touts Delhi train stations can be, however our train was delayed by about 1.5hours therefore we missed our driver who had waited an hour. We later learnt that the hotel had to pay the driver 100 rupees,however they would not accept us reimbursing them which was extremely generous. The rooms are clean with good wifi connection!!

• 18th Aug 2014

A good central place to stay, excellent shower. Staff helpful.

• 14th Aug 2014

It was very great experience. Budget hotel situated in paharganj and just few minutes away from new delhi railway station.subway,central and old delhi . Safest place to stay especially for solo travellers. Hotel staff is also very caring, helpful n friendly

• 3rd Jul 2014

Friendly guys. Give good information.

Traveling in India for 3 weeks already, I had low expectations for Delhi based on others. Payal still disappointed me. Location of Payal is terrific. Close to shops, restaurants, train, metro stations, and relatively safe. The bad: room wasn't the cleanest; service was a bit poor. I asked for a map and they didn't have any. Had to ask multiple times to exchange stained bed sheets and to fix the hot water. They said to go upstairs to shared bathroom. Bit noisy for light sleepers. Wifi not stable.

Average hostel. It's in the hippie district of Delhi and lacks class but cheap and decent enough. Rooms are quite tiny though and no windows so be prepared for that.

The hotel was not exactly what I was expected (not what I saw on the website, older, noisy,..), but the owner is really nice and can organize nice tours.

The Hotel was really clean. The staff was really nice and they helped us all the time with any problem, they were friendly and polite and we felt a good atmosphere.. Indian people are really friendly in general-

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Located in the heart of the backpacker district, the hotel payal was a safe haven to come back to! It was both my partner and I first time in India and it was very overwhelming! So it was nice to have a clean room.The manager at the hotel was nice and so were the staff and we ended up booking a private car to take us to Jaipur, Agra and then back to Delhi with the Hotel and was very please with our service and driver' who was very helpful and knowledgeable showing us the sights.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Wales

Nice budget hotel and helpfull manager. Stayed for 1 night. Walked in and made a reservation the night before. Manager (ishaan) was very helpful and made me feel welcome.The wifi was stable and fast. Important for me when making our research for our traveling. The room was clean. The manager helped us print our next booking for free and offered us nice chai tea twice. In general a friendly place where i felt very welcome.

• 25th Dec 2013

great gateway to India. Good location, very safe place, free WiFi, steam hot water and ETC. Recommed! right in the heart on new Delhi everything is very near!new Delhi train station is walking distance able and subway too ! 5 stars for staff special thanks to vicky and ishaan ,they helped a lot when a auto driver try to charge me more then double they help me to get back the money . great place to meet travelers on roof.

got very bad experience when i arrived to igi airport booked a prepaid taxi from airport but unfortunately had a horrible driver who said that he dosent know the location as well pahar ganj is under construction and took me to the OFFICIAL TOURIST OFFICE where they tried to sell me a tour but i had confirmation from hotel payal so i did not trust them and went to the payal by my self there i figure out that it was a scam as well that this is what mostly peoples suffer if thy dont book pick up

• 3rd Nov 2013