Hotel Payal Reviews

1182, Main Bazzar , Pahar Ganj, New Delhi, India

A good central place to stay, excellent shower. Staff helpful.

• 14th Aug 2014

It was very great experience. Budget hotel situated in paharganj and just few minutes away from new delhi railway station.subway,central and old delhi . Safest place to stay especially for solo travellers. Hotel staff is also very caring, helpful n friendly

• 3rd Jul 2014

Friendly guys. Give good information.

Traveling in India for 3 weeks already, I had low expectations for Delhi based on others. Payal still disappointed me. Location of Payal is terrific. Close to shops, restaurants, train, metro stations, and relatively safe. The bad: room wasn't the cleanest; service was a bit poor. I asked for a map and they didn't have any. Had to ask multiple times to exchange stained bed sheets and to fix the hot water. They said to go upstairs to shared bathroom. Bit noisy for light sleepers. Wifi not stable.

The hotel was not exactly what I was expected (not what I saw on the website, older, noisy,..), but the owner is really nice and can organize nice tours.

The Hotel was really clean. The staff was really nice and they helped us all the time with any problem, they were friendly and polite and we felt a good atmosphere.. Indian people are really friendly in general-

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Spain

Located in the heart of the backpacker district, the hotel payal was a safe haven to come back to! It was both my partner and I first time in India and it was very overwhelming! So it was nice to have a clean room.The manager at the hotel was nice and so were the staff and we ended up booking a private car to take us to Jaipur, Agra and then back to Delhi with the Hotel and was very please with our service and driver' who was very helpful and knowledgeable showing us the sights.

• 7th Jan 2014
  • Wales

Nice budget hotel and helpfull manager. Stayed for 1 night. Walked in and made a reservation the night before. Manager (ishaan) was very helpful and made me feel welcome.The wifi was stable and fast. Important for me when making our research for our traveling. The room was clean. The manager helped us print our next booking for free and offered us nice chai tea twice. In general a friendly place where i felt very welcome.

• 25th Dec 2013

great gateway to India. Good location, very safe place, free WiFi, steam hot water and ETC. Recommed! right in the heart on new Delhi everything is very near!new Delhi train station is walking distance able and subway too ! 5 stars for staff special thanks to vicky and ishaan ,they helped a lot when a auto driver try to charge me more then double they help me to get back the money . great place to meet travelers on roof.

got very bad experience when i arrived to igi airport booked a prepaid taxi from airport but unfortunately had a horrible driver who said that he dosent know the location as well pahar ganj is under construction and took me to the OFFICIAL TOURIST OFFICE where they tried to sell me a tour but i had confirmation from hotel payal so i did not trust them and went to the payal by my self there i figure out that it was a scam as well that this is what mostly peoples suffer if thy dont book pick up

• 3rd Nov 2013
  • Spain

it was my first trip to delhi ,was to afraid to be there because i was there by my own and heard lots of things about delhi but anyway i enjoyed my stay at hotel payal ,you feel more like a home then hostel staff was extremely helpful !! they helped me with many things alike delhi map and sort out my 3 weeks trip to india,etc! would stay there again at the and of my trip and recommend to everyone hotel payal if its their first time here !! thanks again ;)

• 2nd Nov 2013
  • India

Couldn't reach the place because their road was apparently closed...when i called them they didn't even want to get me from somewhere even though I just booked two days before...so I was very disappointed!

• 11th Oct 2013

Dear Guest Thanks for your review. This is really appreciated . we are really sorry to hear what had happen to you.but its completely a scam by taxi drivers and some fake gov.travel agency. if we had any news from you we will try to help our best.you also use full for other people see the links http://www.indianexpress.com/news/on-honeymoon-germans-taken-for-a-ride---to-pushkar/898322/ http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailand/travel-tips-and-articles/75907 REGARDS ISHAN

it was my first time in delhi and hotel payal stay but i will always stayed at Hotel payal whenever im in delhi! It's location is central, (you walk right outside onto Paharganj) and the staff are always friendly, helpful, kind. The rooms are clean, comfortable . They also have a great money exchange service down in reception which will give you one of the best rates around and there is also a travel agent desk where they would provide you best service,stil enjoying my 10 days trip by them ..

• 2nd Sep 2013

Emailed to ask for them to pick us up from the train station and waited until the next day but heard nothing. Tried to call twice and emailed them again with train details, thinking they would pick us up anyway. No sign of them when we got there. Couldn't find it so checked in to somewhere else. Walking down the road, we saw it. We can't give a proper review as we did not stay there, but it looked average. Good location, bad communication.

• 23rd Jun 2013

It was good stay at payal hotel. i stayed at a single room for 3 nights it costed 1350RS in total. staffs are nice and friendly. hot shower was available. only the problem I thought is that the staff very sometimes recommend that you go to tour agency such as DTTDC. I don't like their seevice regarding the cost and what they provide since I like backpacking travel. however the hotel itself is good. just noisy during night. ear plug is recommended.

• 12th Feb 2013
  • Japan

Comfy dorm beds. Balcony restaurant. 10 minute walk to Taj Mahal. Good place.

Hôtel Payal is very dirty and very very noisy!! Impossible for us to sleep 3 nights long! The aerea and dangerous and thé hôtel person will try everything to have your money being first friendly. Do not listen to him about anything or you ll lose money!!!!!!

Right in the middle of Pahar Ganj and Very close to New Delhi Railway station. It was definetly worth the money and ishaan was a great help. Thanks.

The Hotel is horrible. For a bit more you can get something much nicer in the same street. It is horrible and not a nice place to spend your first night in Delhi. Try anywhere else, there are plenty of places.

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff are really kind and helpful and made me feel welcome and at home. Ishaan, the hotel tour operator, was excellent and really helped me enjoy my stay in Delhi. The location is very central.

• 27th Oct 2012