Hotel Pensione Ottaviani Reviews

Piazza Ottaviani 1, Florence, Italy

Pros: Great Location. I booked three beds in a room for six and received three beds in a room for four. Relatively cheap. Cons: Showers were weak. The night guy was incredibly unfriendly, and at times hostile. The others staff members were average. The beds were pretty uncomfortable and one of the people in our group got some kind of rash on his legs. I'm almost 100% that they don't wash the sheets between visits.

The only good remark of this pension is the location: it is really close to Florence central station "Santa Maria Novella". The building is quite old and there are mold everywhere. The bed was terrible and people did not respect the silence during the night. Furthermore, our room had a window to the street and thus no silence at all. The shower box had 1 square meter (really! a fatter person would have difficulties to get inside) and the water had a lot of pressure (it hurts!).

The staff were extemely unhelpful and made me feel very uncomfortable

• 13th Dec 2014

They don't care about of their customers. We didn't sleep because of a disrespecting man in our room, making noise and farting. He totally ignored our requests and was acting as if we don't exist. We complained at the reception, they suggest to change the room, but required to pay twice (as if we were 4 instead of 2)! There are only 2 bathrooms, so don't expect cleanliness and wakeup early to take shower. Breakfast: 3€. The only benefit is the location. One of the worst hostel we have ever seen.

Please be very careful about this hostel. Firstly, WiFi is not free and one has to pay 2 Euros per device. Secondly, to keep your luggage on the day that you check out, you have to pay 2 Euros more. That makes this hostel as good as any other in terms of price.The staff is highly unfriendly. In fact, they cheated us about the city tax part and when I fought back, they showed me the page of a similar hostel in Rome and tried to extract cash. When I probed more, they back tracked.Worst hostel ever

nice hostel in a strategic position; not bad with services (bathrooms, wifi), really cheap price. I reccomend you

Average hostal in the very center of Firenze. Clean enough and quite cheap compared to other hostals in Firenze. Toilettes could be better.

When I had read the reviews I was afraid, but I tryied, and I really liked! Staff was very nice with me all the time, room was cleaned, everything ok! I payed 12€ per night and I think that price is ok for the service. Is in the centre, you can do everything walking and the train station is like 5 min walking

I woke up covered in bed bug bites, it was disgusting. I had to buy new clothing, so that I could take my clothes to the laundrymatt, to make sure that there wasn't any bedbugs on my belongings. I obviously left immediately, had to find another hotel last minute. Once I found a decent hotel to stay for the remainder of my stay, I went back to Hotel Pensione Ottaviani and told them I was not staying there any longer. The staff member I spoke to was not helpful and acted oblivious to the bed bugs.

• 20th Oct 2014

어쩌다보니 오일이나 묶게되었어요 피렌체 교환학생 이라 방 구하는 게 늦어진 만큼이나 오래 묶게 되었죠. 주인인 이탈리아인 할머니가 있는 날이있도 아랍계가 있는 날이 있는 데 어딜가나 중동쪽애들 조심하고 피하라는 것처럼 사람 무시하고 돈 떼여먹으려고하고 뭐 똑같아요. 할머니는 상대작으로 괜찮 음

This place was absoluetly disgusting!! The showers and bathrooms were dirty and had an awful smell, and there were not enough toilets for the amount of people on one floor. The beds had bed bugs in them, I woke up covered in bug bites, and they were not mosquitos (i know the difference). The staff was extremely unhelpful, spoke very poor english, and one receptionist hit on me, so then I was uncomfortable the rest of the time i stayed in this place. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

The Hostel is well located. It is easy to reach. The quality of the breakfast could improve: I had breakfast one day and it included one brioche and tons of cookies. No fruit, no yogurt, no bread, no cheese, no ham. It is not worth having breakfast there.

one bathroom for 10 rooms plus the shower was terrible, staff didn't talk at all, didn't feel welcomed, rooms were not the best, one good thing was the location besides that don't expect much

The staff were so rude, from the minute I checked in I wanted to find another hostel because of this. I was incorrectly placed in a dorm that had more beds then I paid for. There were bed bugs. There was nowhere to store your bags. To room was overcrowded. Too few showers. The list goes on. The only reason I stayed half the time I paid for was because I couldn't find anywhere elsewhere, but I couldn't stand more then two nights - I left florence entirely because of this hostel.