Hotel Pensione Ottaviani Reviews

Piazza Ottaviani 1, Florence, Italy

Not a good hostel... There is no kitchen for you to cook, the shower is a tiny broken corner in your room and it was not clean properly. The staff was really rude and unwilling to comunicate and colaborate with us. They even tried to make us pay for something we didn't do. You can eat there but prices are not economic. Still, the location is pretty centric but I am not sure if that is enough...

Got bitten by lots of insects in the hostel. Bathroom was very dirty and the staff were no where to be seen even when we needed to check out. Was not satisfied with this hostel and would not stay again

Staff is totally not helpful and mean, with poor attitude. Water from tap cannot be drunk and need to buy expensive water from reception. Totally not worth of money.

For a hostel in Italy, this is very good value for money. Walk in with low expectations and you will be pleased.

We were moved to different hotel because of some reason.. The other hotel was decent. The rooms are not very spacious considering the location is at centre of city, but the staff was very good to us.

This hostel is pretty great in security and location. The hotel is clean but keeping luggage before/after check-in needs money!

There was no place to store luggage or any personal belongings securely. The staff was not very friendly and you had to pay for all the services, including internet (which went out constantly) and luggage storage. There was no air conditioning so it was stuffy. However the location was good and the price was alright for Florence. Not very impressed though.

There was one terrific staff member who was helpful, upbeat, friendly and polite and every other member of staff was miserable and showed no interest in even being friendly to their patrons. A smile or ciao costs nothing and increases customer service levels hugely. Also staff living in the lobby is not an appealing look for any establishment.

The check-in attendant was rude and made the payment process difficult. We checked in using photocopies of passports, which we needed to receive back to check in to our next hostel however, the check-in attendant threw them away. We were also told that our room had a private bathroom, but it only had a very small (and see-through) shower in the corner, forcing us to use the uncleaned bathrooms. Bedroom also had a strange odor.

• 29th May 2014

Do NOT stay here. Rude staff, lots of bugs (especially mosquitoes), terrible wifi and noise issues from other rooms and the streets. There is only one bathroom/shower for almost 30 people (without a curtain over the window, leaving zero privacy). Depending who worked the front desk, the staff members would charge some people for wifi or luggage storage. And it was overpriced! You can do better in Florence for cheaper.

Good location. Ok rooms. Price per night is cheaper than other hostels but you have to pay for breakfast and wifi..so factor that in if you're on a budget. Really convenient location near the station and main sites !

I would rate this hostel as 0% if this site would let me. Do not stay here. This place is advertised as only 20€ per night but they nickel and dime you on everything here. They unexpectedly charged a €2 tourist tax on each person per night when all other hostels only charge €1 and they charge you a fee to use their wifi. The staff was unfriendly, bathrooms are disgusting (no hot water), and their common room is more like a doctors waiting room. I ended up paying more to go elsewhere.

We had booked a room for 4 persons and we were given a room for 5, saying that it was the same. The bathroom is all in one, shower, toillette and everything. And they only have one for five rooms in the floor. Breakfast wasn't very good either.

The location was good for getting around but this hostel has not got value for money compared to the hostels I stayed in while travelling. This was most expensive and the least impressive in every regard. The main doors of the building were not secure. The room was dirty, the water had bleach in it, the bathroom disgusting with the toilets being broken or cracked. The showers were extremely hot or cold with not shower head. There was massive noise from people in the hostel and outside. Rubbish.

• 17th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location is perfect, but the bathrooms are pretty disgusting, and there's only wifi in the common room.

Since the reviews regarding Hotel Pensione Ottaviani wasn't the best, I really wasn't expecting much of this hostel. Unfortunately when I booked it there were not avaiability in many hostels in Florence, so I hadn't much choice. I can only recommend this place if you, as well as me, have limited options. It is not a place where you're gonna feel welcomed. The staff seems not to make any effort in this regard. It is really a place to sleep and take a OK shower. Don't expect much more than that!

The location is very good but it's noisy at night. I think the number of toilets is not balance to the guest room. I think the staffs mostly understand what I said but it'd be better if they speak English more.

Had to switch hostels when we checked in to one further away from central Florence by a block. The facilities were limited for a group of about 10-15 people when I stayed there. Showers flooded onto floor, making it difficult to walk around without getting my feet drenched. Not enough plugs to charge everything, and beds were uncomfortable.

The bathroom was disgusting. The staff was helpful but they had a gross toilet/shower combo. By the morning the floor was sopping wet and disgusting.

The only drawback I have found is that you have to pay for the access to their Wifi.