Hotel Pensione Ottaviani Reviews

Piazza Ottaviani 1, Florence, Italy

The location for me personally was great, very close to the station and the centre. The breakfast was also great and the bathrooms were clean which was also a plus!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

The hostel only has minimum facilities. No kitchen. Should pay for the wifi (2 euros). The breakfast was not worth it for 3 euros (only bread, cereals, cookies, milk, and syrups). The bed in our room was not good, we felt neck and back pain after waking up. Only 2 common bathrooms.

The hostel has a good quality/price ratio. The fact that the reception works 24h/7 and the near location to the city centre are the greatest advantages of the hostel. It is a bit difficult to take a good relaxing shower; however I have no major hygiene critics to the service. To our knowledge there are no lockers, but we did not ask for any.

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Portugal
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It has a perfect location which makes travelling around the city really easy. The rooms and facilities are kept at a really high standard and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.

Nice hostel, simpel but worth the money. Location is perfect! Easy to find from the railway station. Only the wifi is not working on the 2nd floor.

• 22nd Feb 2015

The place its very much easy to find and its well located, next to pubs, makerts, restaurants and licour stores. Is very near to all touristic points. Very much recomendable.

Pros: Great Location. I booked three beds in a room for six and received three beds in a room for four. Relatively cheap. Cons: Showers were weak. The night guy was incredibly unfriendly, and at times hostile. The others staff members were average. The beds were pretty uncomfortable and one of the people in our group got some kind of rash on his legs. I'm almost 100% that they don't wash the sheets between visits.

The only good remark of this pension is the location: it is really close to Florence central station "Santa Maria Novella". The building is quite old and there are mold everywhere. The bed was terrible and people did not respect the silence during the night. Furthermore, our room had a window to the street and thus no silence at all. The shower box had 1 square meter (really! a fatter person would have difficulties to get inside) and the water had a lot of pressure (it hurts!).

The staff were extemely unhelpful and made me feel very uncomfortable

• 13th Dec 2014

They don't care about of their customers. We didn't sleep because of a disrespecting man in our room, making noise and farting. He totally ignored our requests and was acting as if we don't exist. We complained at the reception, they suggest to change the room, but required to pay twice (as if we were 4 instead of 2)! There are only 2 bathrooms, so don't expect cleanliness and wakeup early to take shower. Breakfast: 3€. The only benefit is the location. One of the worst hostel we have ever seen.

Please be very careful about this hostel. Firstly, WiFi is not free and one has to pay 2 Euros per device. Secondly, to keep your luggage on the day that you check out, you have to pay 2 Euros more. That makes this hostel as good as any other in terms of price.The staff is highly unfriendly. In fact, they cheated us about the city tax part and when I fought back, they showed me the page of a similar hostel in Rome and tried to extract cash. When I probed more, they back tracked.Worst hostel ever

nice hostel in a strategic position; not bad with services (bathrooms, wifi), really cheap price. I reccomend you

Average hostal in the very center of Firenze. Clean enough and quite cheap compared to other hostals in Firenze. Toilettes could be better.