Hotel Pensione Ottaviani Reviews

Piazza Ottaviani 1, Florence, Italy

Its kitchen doesn't have enough stuff for 3 people or more.

• 18th Jan 2016
  • Peru

everything is great! just a bit tooo noisy at night.

Terrible internet. Not attentive staff, not secure for leaving valuable things. Really poor atmosphere.

I liked the hostel but it has more of a quiet hotel vibe, rather then a good atmosphere. It's right next to the duomo. Which is magnificent. The guy who checked us in was kind of rude and very sarcastic. We couldn't tell if he was joking about anything or not. Luggage lockup is not very safe either just walk in and grab any bag.

Good place kind of lame atmosphere though

Nothing about this "hostel" was appealing. Get some doors that lock automatically. Get some water pressure in the showers..some lockers too. Not worth it in any way, shape, or form. Would never return

• 16th Dec 2015

Reception was really good. Position to main train station and city center is good :)

Hostel was in a great location, but that's about all that is good about. Hostel is dirty and wifi doesn't work outside of the reception area.

The first time I stayed at Pensione Ottaviani I had a noisy night outside, however I am perfectly happy to put up with that and use my earplugs because I really like staying here. I stayed a second time this week... sure the water pressure in the shower is really bad, but the staff are so friendly, the beds are perfect, I can get a private room for not much more cost than a bed elsewhere, and they have an excellent courtyard where it is so easy and fun to meet other guests.

This Hostel was terrible. Toilette and shower was really Dirty. I went a lot of hostels before but I never saw a hostel like this. German prison better than this. They don't deserve that much money.

• 6th Nov 2015

The room was nice and clean. We had a comfortable stay and the staff helped us with a lot of information. Thank you.

We spent the night sitting in the train station because it was nicer than this hostel. The receptionist guy was an extremely rude

Liked the hotels location, staff very helpful but it is basic and what I would for this price. Near everything that matters in Florence.

Staff rude upon arrival they don't have much interation beyond that. Dorm cramped as it's just heaps of single beds. No atmosphere whatsoever so don't expect to meet anyone to do stuff with if you're solo. Bad value for money as it lacks facilities and even the luggage you have to pay for..Basically all its got going for it is the location so if you need somewhere close to the station to stay for the night it's useful but otherwise would not recommend to anyone.

Staying at this hostel was a pleasure. The hostel offered exactly what was described on the website so wasn't disappointed one bit. The staff were extremely friendly and the cleaning staff did an amazing job, day in day out. The location is excellent, 10 minutes walk from the majority of the sights to see. Very easy to locate if travelling by train.

• 15th Sep 2015

We had to be in a different hostel based on a mix up for rooms but they helped us out greatly. They set us up in their sister company hostel about 100 meters away