Hotel Pensione Ottaviani Reviews

Piazza Ottaviani 1, Florence, Italy

The staff were extemely unhelpful and made me feel very uncomfortable

• 13th Dec 2014

They don't care about of their customers. We didn't sleep because of a disrespecting man in our room, making noise and farting. He totally ignored our requests and was acting as if we don't exist. We complained at the reception, they suggest to change the room, but required to pay twice (as if we were 4 instead of 2)! There are only 2 bathrooms, so don't expect cleanliness and wakeup early to take shower. Breakfast: 3€. The only benefit is the location. One of the worst hostel we have ever seen.

Please be very careful about this hostel. Firstly, WiFi is not free and one has to pay 2 Euros per device. Secondly, to keep your luggage on the day that you check out, you have to pay 2 Euros more. That makes this hostel as good as any other in terms of price.The staff is highly unfriendly. In fact, they cheated us about the city tax part and when I fought back, they showed me the page of a similar hostel in Rome and tried to extract cash. When I probed more, they back tracked.Worst hostel ever

nice hostel in a strategic position; not bad with services (bathrooms, wifi), really cheap price. I reccomend you

Average hostal in the very center of Firenze. Clean enough and quite cheap compared to other hostals in Firenze. Toilettes could be better.

When I had read the reviews I was afraid, but I tryied, and I really liked! Staff was very nice with me all the time, room was cleaned, everything ok! I payed 12€ per night and I think that price is ok for the service. Is in the centre, you can do everything walking and the train station is like 5 min walking

I woke up covered in bed bug bites, it was disgusting. I had to buy new clothing, so that I could take my clothes to the laundrymatt, to make sure that there wasn't any bedbugs on my belongings. I obviously left immediately, had to find another hotel last minute. Once I found a decent hotel to stay for the remainder of my stay, I went back to Hotel Pensione Ottaviani and told them I was not staying there any longer. The staff member I spoke to was not helpful and acted oblivious to the bed bugs.

• 20th Oct 2014

어쩌다보니 오일이나 묶게되었어요 피렌체 교환학생 이라 방 구하는 게 늦어진 만큼이나 오래 묶게 되었죠. 주인인 이탈리아인 할머니가 있는 날이있도 아랍계가 있는 날이 있는 데 어딜가나 중동쪽애들 조심하고 피하라는 것처럼 사람 무시하고 돈 떼여먹으려고하고 뭐 똑같아요. 할머니는 상대작으로 괜찮 음

This place was absoluetly disgusting!! The showers and bathrooms were dirty and had an awful smell, and there were not enough toilets for the amount of people on one floor. The beds had bed bugs in them, I woke up covered in bug bites, and they were not mosquitos (i know the difference). The staff was extremely unhelpful, spoke very poor english, and one receptionist hit on me, so then I was uncomfortable the rest of the time i stayed in this place. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

The Hostel is well located. It is easy to reach. The quality of the breakfast could improve: I had breakfast one day and it included one brioche and tons of cookies. No fruit, no yogurt, no bread, no cheese, no ham. It is not worth having breakfast there.

one bathroom for 10 rooms plus the shower was terrible, staff didn't talk at all, didn't feel welcomed, rooms were not the best, one good thing was the location besides that don't expect much

The staff were so rude, from the minute I checked in I wanted to find another hostel because of this. I was incorrectly placed in a dorm that had more beds then I paid for. There were bed bugs. There was nowhere to store your bags. To room was overcrowded. Too few showers. The list goes on. The only reason I stayed half the time I paid for was because I couldn't find anywhere elsewhere, but I couldn't stand more then two nights - I left florence entirely because of this hostel.

• 3rd Aug 2014

The location was fantastic, especially for the price. The facilities were clean but the room was so hot and stuffy even with the window open. You also had to pay extra for breakfast. Overall a good experience.

If you are cheap, want bed bugs, terrible hospitality and service, get charged for coffee and pay 1 Euro for 0.5L of water stay here. Otherwise, avoid this location at all costs. My friend got bit head to toe by bed bugs and when we told one of the staff they tried to argue with us that it was mosquitoes. We both live in Canada and know the difference. Bed bugs. Also, staff are rude, uncaring, inhospitable and the rooms are downright brutal with terrible air circulation, smells and bad vibes.

Very dirty. We had to wait almost half an hour to get the key of our room at night.

• 18th Jul 2014
  • Spain

Not a good hostel... There is no kitchen for you to cook, the shower is a tiny broken corner in your room and it was not clean properly. The staff was really rude and unwilling to comunicate and colaborate with us. They even tried to make us pay for something we didn't do. You can eat there but prices are not economic. Still, the location is pretty centric but I am not sure if that is enough...

Got bitten by lots of insects in the hostel. Bathroom was very dirty and the staff were no where to be seen even when we needed to check out. Was not satisfied with this hostel and would not stay again

Staff is totally not helpful and mean, with poor attitude. Water from tap cannot be drunk and need to buy expensive water from reception. Totally not worth of money.

For a hostel in Italy, this is very good value for money. Walk in with low expectations and you will be pleased.

We were moved to different hotel because of some reason.. The other hotel was decent. The rooms are not very spacious considering the location is at centre of city, but the staff was very good to us.