Hotel Pensione Ottaviani Reviews

Piazza Ottaviani 1, Florence, Italy

This Hostel was terrible. Toilette and shower was really Dirty. I went a lot of hostels before but I never saw a hostel like this. German prison better than this. They don't deserve that much money.

• 6th Nov 2015

The room was nice and clean. We had a comfortable stay and the staff helped us with a lot of information. Thank you.

We spent the night sitting in the train station because it was nicer than this hostel. The receptionist guy was an extremely rude

Liked the hotels location, staff very helpful but it is basic and what I would for this price. Near everything that matters in Florence.

Staff rude upon arrival they don't have much interation beyond that. Dorm cramped as it's just heaps of single beds. No atmosphere whatsoever so don't expect to meet anyone to do stuff with if you're solo. Bad value for money as it lacks facilities and even the luggage you have to pay for..Basically all its got going for it is the location so if you need somewhere close to the station to stay for the night it's useful but otherwise would not recommend to anyone.

Staying at this hostel was a pleasure. The hostel offered exactly what was described on the website so wasn't disappointed one bit. The staff were extremely friendly and the cleaning staff did an amazing job, day in day out. The location is excellent, 10 minutes walk from the majority of the sights to see. Very easy to locate if travelling by train.

• 15th Sep 2015

We had to be in a different hostel based on a mix up for rooms but they helped us out greatly. They set us up in their sister company hostel about 100 meters away

Ottaviani is a great hostel. It's in the Piazza Santa Maria Novella, close to train station.. Staff is helpful especially Ermal (Albanian guy) is a great guy. You should stay in here!

Estuve solo una noche en esta pensión y me gustó. Si queres disfrutar de Florencia de una manera tranquila es el lugar ideal para descansar. Muy bien ubicado, cerca del Puento Viejo y a dos pasos de la estación de trenes. Recomiendo.

The hostel is verry good located, so you can go from there to discover all the things you want to see in florenze.

• 31st Jul 2015
  • Norway

The location was great, pretty close to the train station and the Santa Maria Novella square - So I enjoyed that a lot. The rooms however did not have any lockers or secure ways to lock up luggage so I ended up staying only for one night. I was not very comfortable with that. The doors were also very hard to close and lock, it would be pretty noisy so when I woke up the door was open. The other hostel goers left it open so they wouldn't wake us up. The facility was okay but I wouldn't stay again

The location is excellent, the most famous sights and the train station are also just a few minutes on foot. The room was clean, but a bit noisy. All in all it is a good place for backpackers!

Do not come here to party.

I will start with the positives of this hostel - the location is GREAT! Couldn't be better. However, the staff are unhelpful and slightly intimidating. The bathrooms are filthy and the bed set up is odd/uncomfortable. It wasn't good value for money because we ended up staying out of the hostel as much as possible. The words we described the hostel as were 'depressing' and 'dirty'. We also felt concerned about our luggage as there is no secure place to store it. Very disappointing.

The best part about this hostel was the location; it's about a 10 minute walk from the central station. It was also a relatively short distance to the town center/the Duomo/museums. The bed was nice and the rooms were clean. There was a fan in the room which was amazing considering most places don't have AC. I stayed there on a weekend night and it got pretty loud in the streets, but if the windows are closed then it's not bad.

This place has a great location, and the staff during the day was wonderful. At night, however, the men that worked were extremely strange and brought friends in to the hostel until very late that were extremely rude (this happened every night of the 3 nights I stayed). The rooms are right next to the check in desk and there is little place to sit and socialize if you are looking for that. Additionally the beds were not cleaned properly. It might be one of the worst hostels I've stayed in.

Needs air con! The location of the hostel was great, not far from the station or from the centre of Florenzi. However, there were limited facilities - two showers and toilets (in the same room) between lots of people, and no kitchen available to guests. Would recommend if the weather is not hot, or if they invest in air con, otherwise it's just too hot to enjoy your visit.

Not the best hostel. All the beds in my room were really close together (like an inch apart) so you sleeping pretty much right beside the person next to you. This wasn't great as the person next to me yelled at my in her sleep and grabbed me a few times. No air conditioning or fans and it was REALLY hot. Wifi was just ok, not the greatest. Bathrooms were a little gross, I was glad I had shower shoes. That being said, the location was awesome, right in the heart of the city, no bus required.

Very impressed! I stayed here with my brother and a friend and we shared a 5 person room with 2 others. Staff were amazing and went above and beyond what's expected when helping us understand the city. Beds were comfortable and the bathrooms seemed very clean. There was a great area to sit outside and eat and drink in the evenings. Incredibly close to the station as well! Free maps were given out too.

The hotel is not very clean, there is dust that gathered at the corner of the room. When I saw these I wouldn't want to walk barefooted. I stayed in a single room and it is very small, barely has enough space for a bed and one small table (no washing basin or wardrobe). But this hotel is very near to the train station! It is at a super convenient location, and not expensive also. I will recommend this hotel to people who are staying short term, like 1 or 2 nights.