Hotel Pensione Ottaviani Reviews

Piazza Ottaviani 1, Florence, Italy

This place has a great location, and the staff during the day was wonderful. At night, however, the men that worked were extremely strange and brought friends in to the hostel until very late that were extremely rude (this happened every night of the 3 nights I stayed). The rooms are right next to the check in desk and there is little place to sit and socialize if you are looking for that. Additionally the beds were not cleaned properly. It might be one of the worst hostels I've stayed in.

Needs air con! The location of the hostel was great, not far from the station or from the centre of Florenzi. However, there were limited facilities - two showers and toilets (in the same room) between lots of people, and no kitchen available to guests. Would recommend if the weather is not hot, or if they invest in air con, otherwise it's just too hot to enjoy your visit.

Not the best hostel. All the beds in my room were really close together (like an inch apart) so you sleeping pretty much right beside the person next to you. This wasn't great as the person next to me yelled at my in her sleep and grabbed me a few times. No air conditioning or fans and it was REALLY hot. Wifi was just ok, not the greatest. Bathrooms were a little gross, I was glad I had shower shoes. That being said, the location was awesome, right in the heart of the city, no bus required.

Very impressed! I stayed here with my brother and a friend and we shared a 5 person room with 2 others. Staff were amazing and went above and beyond what's expected when helping us understand the city. Beds were comfortable and the bathrooms seemed very clean. There was a great area to sit outside and eat and drink in the evenings. Incredibly close to the station as well! Free maps were given out too.

The hotel is not very clean, there is dust that gathered at the corner of the room. When I saw these I wouldn't want to walk barefooted. I stayed in a single room and it is very small, barely has enough space for a bed and one small table (no washing basin or wardrobe). But this hotel is very near to the train station! It is at a super convenient location, and not expensive also. I will recommend this hotel to people who are staying short term, like 1 or 2 nights.

Worst Hostel/Hostel (whatever you want to call that) that I've been. Wifi: It doesn't exist in any room, only by the reception so every one need to be standing by the reception if want to use it. We complained and the receptionist said that it was written in hostel word "wifi at the hotel and not in the rooms", For me is the same but apparently for him there is a difference. Toilet: disgusting, really not clean, no hot water Rooms: really old and didnt look clean Location: only advantage

My fiance and I stayed here for 3 nights. Make sure you bring yur own sheets and pillow case, and wear flip flops everywhere ! It's an absolutely amazing location, so close to every thing !! Buthe cleanliness is sub par, the bathrooms are not so nice, or the showers, but hey I guess that's what traveling is all about, all you're doing here is a sleeping anyway.

It was a nice hostel, not much atmosphere but clean (bathrooms a bit dirty). The location is amazing, but because of that it was a bit noisy at night!

Very hot inside the room. Without infrastructure and expensive for what they offer

Not really a hostel you would spend much time at, beds pretty old and saggy, may give you back issues. WiFi only works near reception. In terms of value for money its not bad.

For starters, bad directions given to the hostel. When we got there, it took a while for the staff to notice us. We got into our room and the bed layout was a little strange, just 4 beds squished side by side. There was a shower in the room but it was very transparent and since we shared a room with two male strangers, it was more of a waste of space. Showers in the other bathroom had awful temperature control- went from burning hot to cold in seconds. Decent place for only a couple nights.

Great location, staff could have had better showmanship but as far as the hostel itself goes, very good!

The room we stayed in had a great deck to sit out on. The location was perfect, we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. There was only one bathroom/shower for our floor of rooms and it was kinda dirty and there was no hot water when we went to shower. All around not a bad place for the value!

Payed a lot for nothing. Terrible beds, no lockers and a very dirty bathroom etc

It's a central hostel, quite cheap for its location, the staff is friendly and the facilities are ok.

The bathrooms were really gross and the beds sucked but for a cheap option it didnt suck. It was a decent place for what you pay.

The hostel was average. We asked the staff for a good restaurant suggestion and when we went to the restaurant that was suggested we got scammed. Other then that it's a place to sleep, wifi does not reach the rooms.

• 28th Apr 2015

It's very likely that I picked up some sort of insect from this hostel. I have had it confirmed that it was not a bed bug but nonetheless I got very bitten and had to call pest control to spray my home with insecticide.

• 28th Apr 2015

The location for me personally was great, very close to the station and the centre. The breakfast was also great and the bathrooms were clean which was also a plus!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

The hostel only has minimum facilities. No kitchen. Should pay for the wifi (2 euros). The breakfast was not worth it for 3 euros (only bread, cereals, cookies, milk, and syrups). The bed in our room was not good, we felt neck and back pain after waking up. Only 2 common bathrooms.