Hotel Pensione Ottaviani Reviews

Piazza Ottaviani 1, Florence, Italy

Worst Hostel/Hostel (whatever you want to call that) that I've been. Wifi: It doesn't exist in any room, only by the reception so every one need to be standing by the reception if want to use it. We complained and the receptionist said that it was written in hostel word "wifi at the hotel and not in the rooms", For me is the same but apparently for him there is a difference. Toilet: disgusting, really not clean, no hot water Rooms: really old and didnt look clean Location: only advantage

My fiance and I stayed here for 3 nights. Make sure you bring yur own sheets and pillow case, and wear flip flops everywhere ! It's an absolutely amazing location, so close to every thing !! Buthe cleanliness is sub par, the bathrooms are not so nice, or the showers, but hey I guess that's what traveling is all about, all you're doing here is a sleeping anyway.

It was a nice hostel, not much atmosphere but clean (bathrooms a bit dirty). The location is amazing, but because of that it was a bit noisy at night!

Very hot inside the room. Without infrastructure and expensive for what they offer

Not really a hostel you would spend much time at, beds pretty old and saggy, may give you back issues. WiFi only works near reception. In terms of value for money its not bad.

For starters, bad directions given to the hostel. When we got there, it took a while for the staff to notice us. We got into our room and the bed layout was a little strange, just 4 beds squished side by side. There was a shower in the room but it was very transparent and since we shared a room with two male strangers, it was more of a waste of space. Showers in the other bathroom had awful temperature control- went from burning hot to cold in seconds. Decent place for only a couple nights.

Great location, staff could have had better showmanship but as far as the hostel itself goes, very good!

The room we stayed in had a great deck to sit out on. The location was perfect, we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. There was only one bathroom/shower for our floor of rooms and it was kinda dirty and there was no hot water when we went to shower. All around not a bad place for the value!

Payed a lot for nothing. Terrible beds, no lockers and a very dirty bathroom etc

It's a central hostel, quite cheap for its location, the staff is friendly and the facilities are ok.

The bathrooms were really gross and the beds sucked but for a cheap option it didnt suck. It was a decent place for what you pay.

The hostel was average. We asked the staff for a good restaurant suggestion and when we went to the restaurant that was suggested we got scammed. Other then that it's a place to sleep, wifi does not reach the rooms.

• 28th Apr 2015

It's very likely that I picked up some sort of insect from this hostel. I have had it confirmed that it was not a bed bug but nonetheless I got very bitten and had to call pest control to spray my home with insecticide.

• 28th Apr 2015

The location for me personally was great, very close to the station and the centre. The breakfast was also great and the bathrooms were clean which was also a plus!

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Bulgaria

The hostel only has minimum facilities. No kitchen. Should pay for the wifi (2 euros). The breakfast was not worth it for 3 euros (only bread, cereals, cookies, milk, and syrups). The bed in our room was not good, we felt neck and back pain after waking up. Only 2 common bathrooms.

The hostel has a good quality/price ratio. The fact that the reception works 24h/7 and the near location to the city centre are the greatest advantages of the hostel. It is a bit difficult to take a good relaxing shower; however I have no major hygiene critics to the service. To our knowledge there are no lockers, but we did not ask for any.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It has a perfect location which makes travelling around the city really easy. The rooms and facilities are kept at a really high standard and the staff were so friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this place to a friend.

Nice hostel, simpel but worth the money. Location is perfect! Easy to find from the railway station. Only the wifi is not working on the 2nd floor.

• 22nd Feb 2015

The place its very much easy to find and its well located, next to pubs, makerts, restaurants and licour stores. Is very near to all touristic points. Very much recomendable.