Hotel Pensione Ottaviani Reviews

Piazza Ottaviani 1, Florence, Italy

We had booked a room for 4 persons and we were given a room for 5, saying that it was the same. The bathroom is all in one, shower, toillette and everything. And they only have one for five rooms in the floor. Breakfast wasn't very good either.

The location was good for getting around but this hostel has not got value for money compared to the hostels I stayed in while travelling. This was most expensive and the least impressive in every regard. The main doors of the building were not secure. The room was dirty, the water had bleach in it, the bathroom disgusting with the toilets being broken or cracked. The showers were extremely hot or cold with not shower head. There was massive noise from people in the hostel and outside. Rubbish.

• 17th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The location is perfect, but the bathrooms are pretty disgusting, and there's only wifi in the common room.

Since the reviews regarding Hotel Pensione Ottaviani wasn't the best, I really wasn't expecting much of this hostel. Unfortunately when I booked it there were not avaiability in many hostels in Florence, so I hadn't much choice. I can only recommend this place if you, as well as me, have limited options. It is not a place where you're gonna feel welcomed. The staff seems not to make any effort in this regard. It is really a place to sleep and take a OK shower. Don't expect much more than that!

The location is very good but it's noisy at night. I think the number of toilets is not balance to the guest room. I think the staffs mostly understand what I said but it'd be better if they speak English more.

Had to switch hostels when we checked in to one further away from central Florence by a block. The facilities were limited for a group of about 10-15 people when I stayed there. Showers flooded onto floor, making it difficult to walk around without getting my feet drenched. Not enough plugs to charge everything, and beds were uncomfortable.

1 2 Next » last »