Hotel Piave Reviews

Via Col Moschin 6/10, Mestre, Venice, Italy

Shower space is too small for private room. And I never understand why the room key chain is such a heavy stuff

The facilities were fine and the room was ok but the area was dreadful. What ever you do do not go out at night in this area! My partner and I were stopped by a gang to see if we wanted to buy drugs. Its better than being robbed which we thought was going to happen but nevertheless we weren't impressed with the area at all. Also you aren't allowed to take your key out with you - you leave it behind the desk. But they seem to give the room key to anyone that asks! I could've easily got anyone's.

The hotel is located 5 min from the station mestre from there it's 10min to venice! very good! Our room was in another building. The bathroom was super small (never seen so small!) the shower drain did not flush properly so the whole bathroom was under water and when you sat on the toilet your feet were getting wet. Room smelled like smoke.

The Receptionist was average- not rude but not welcoming: Just standard customer service which is poor for an individual in a front if house position. Hotel room was ok, dodgy area but. Nothing special however so only stay here if you want to get in and get out

We didn't stay in the hotel itself. We were taken to a nearby apartment and given a room. This was ok, except that it was made clear to us when we booked. But we were given our own keys to the apartment and so we could come and go as we liked. There was a place to leave your luggage so you could come back for it when you're ready to leave. This hotel is actually better than staying in Venice itself, which I do not recommend to anyone because Venice is full of canals, narrow alleyways and steps.

I dont like the room. Far from main city. Room is very hot and without any air conditioner. Not even a kitchen or microwave to use. Even have to pay to get a map there.

The staff are unhelpful and very mean to us! They brought us to a different building and said it's still the same hostel. It's okay since the room is clean. But Wifi is not working!

I urge you to stay away from this hostel and for HostelWorld to pull this hostel from their list. They canceled our reservation Without any notice. The reason they gave was that they tried to pull the remaining charge for our hotel stay 2 days Prior to our arrival. I explained that our credit card was stolen in Rome and we would be using a different card for payment. They said it was too late because they already gave our room to someone else.

This hostel is like an actual hotel, we had our own room and bathroom, with free towels. No kitchen which was kinda a bummer, but we only spent 1 night in Venice. We were in a separate building from the actual hotel and the lady at the front desk kind treated us like we were below them. She was surprised when we walked in before check in and the luggage storage is just our stuff in the common room. Not secure at all. The room was nice, a queen sized bed and a cot for 3 people.

• 28th May 2014