Hotel Potala Reviews

PO Box: 26182, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal

Thje staff were extremely friendly and helpful the sheets on the bed were very clean and the hotel was generally clean and tidy. The back rooms of the hotel was noisy due to purple haze rock club but the music stopped at midnight I would use this hotel again as it is excellent value for money

The Hotel Patala is centrally located but the music at night is a little loud; especially on Friday. The staff is great. They gace me a room on the 5th floor (5th floor in America) that faces east so it gets the morning sun. I like the place and have been using the hotel taxi to sightsee around the Kathmandu Valley. In a few days I'm heading over to Pokhara.

• 9th Jan 2014

I had a pleasant stay at Hotel Potala, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very basic but was clean. The bathroom was quite small and cramped - I didn't enjoy showering whilst huddled next to the toilet! The biggest downside was the fact that I was kept up until 2am by the music - fine if you want to join the party, but not so good if you don't (or can't in my case due to an early start!)!!

I have had a good stay here in Hotel Potala (I am still here). It is in the middle of Thamel the Tourist area in Kathmandu, with all what that stands for - traffic, pollution and free Music. Good value for Money and very recommendable.

It's next to a partyplace....so music till 2am in the morning, and no closing windows.

• 6th Nov 2013