Hotel Raizan North, Nishinari Shin-imamiya Reviews

1-1-3 Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

Close to JR station and good areas for food. My friend and I booked separately so we had our own private rooms, tiny but fine. Bathroom on our floor could have been a bit cleaner, but ok. Great prices. Common area had everything for you to cook your own food. Staff were very helpful

This hostel is located at a seedy neighbourhood in japanese standards, which is a just not really nice area in european standards. You'll see a few homeless walking around but that's all. The only real problem with the hostel is that there are only 2 or 3 showers in the ground floor for the whole building. There are like 10 floors with like 30 double/triple rooms each... do the math. However I went to the showers early in the evening and didn't have to wait at all.

At $20 a night, you get all the basic facilities you need. Showers were reasonably clean. Other guests can be noisy. I contacted the hotel a month before my stay asking that my sister and I had adjoining smoking rooms and was told that was okay but when we checked in there seemed to be no rooms assigned to us and we were on different floors with only one smoking room available. The girl working on the front desk was fantastic but some of the guys seemed to not really care.