Hotel Raizan North, Nishinari Shin-imamiya Reviews

1-1-3 Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

Hotel Raizan had really helpful staff. Place is very safe considering the location. It's actually really easy to get around as it is a 2 min walk to the JR station or Subway. My room was clean and so were the shared showers. The toilets could be cleaner but for that price, I wouldn't complain. All in all a pretty good experience. Appreciated the mochi making and it being free for guests.

Overall a good hostel. Hostel is not as clean as it can be, but it wasn't anything unbearable. Love the private rooms. Good amount of space, with your own AC too. Wish there were more sinks and bathrooms. Really convenient location too, next to the Midosuji Line, which takes you to almost all the important spots in Osaka.

The room was clean and well-equipped. We were supposed to have a twin room, but it had three beds for some reason. Still only paid for two! A big plus was the Japanese bath downstairs. A huge minus was that the room was freezing cold, and the air conditioners heating didn't work. The place is in a "poor part" of the city in Japanese standards, but was close to Shinsekai, good restaurants and the train stations.

I think the shower room and toilets are really limited. Could be crowded during peak hours. Public bath is available but I guess most of the foreign visitor would still prefer the shower room. Would be good to have a separate shower room, rather than a mixed gender one. However, the rooms are spacious and comfy. There's smoke smell along the corridor too but there's non-smoking sign around so I'm not sure where did the smoke come from.

Nice location to stay. The facilities are very clean; towels, soap, shampoo etc are provided at no cost.

• 12th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

In an interesting neighborhood near Hitachi Tower, pretty good location for us two who wanted to eat authentic food. That was the best part. Cleanliness was average with not even close to enough showers/toilets for a hotel that size. Free coffee/tee in morning before 11. Wasn't a great hotel for foreigners, no atmosphere or good advice for travelers. Geared toward Japanese business men so maybe not ideal for couples or women.

A very pleasant stay with my nephew. Met people from all over. It has all that you need to cook a meal. I enjoyed d shower cum spa and free wifi. Just that partition's thin, may be, my nephew could hear next door snoring.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Malaysia

It was great memory from raizan hotel. Staffs were super kind and the room was very good. I'll choose here next time absolutely. thank you!!

• 26th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

I would not stay here again. Felt very mislead by the photos and other reviews, was not what we expected. The location although close to a station, was not close to many things and the neighbourhood seemed a bit unsafe. Not the cleanest hostel, there was visible dirt in the facilities and the room, it felt a bit gross. Although this is cheap I would not recommend staying here for a long period of time. That said the staff are friendly enough and the free bike hire is nice.

Nice place with a great location. I walked to Dotonbori and Namba (it was maybe 25 minutes) but the metro by the hotel takes you directly there. They also have free bicycles available for rent, which is nice. It is a safe area; I arrived at midnight from the airport and had no worries. Staff is nice, hotel is pretty calm.

Western single room is basic and so-so but enough when you only need a place to sleep. The common area and facilities are complete. Great location with just 2-3 minutes from Dobutsuen-mae eki.

My floor smelled of smoke although I was on the non-smoking floor. Bathroom was not equipped with soap and was dirty. Room was clean though.

I really enjoyed my stay at Osaka. If I ever get the opportunity I will most definitely come again!

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • All Male Group, 31-40

Our twin room at Hotel Raizan was way bigger than I'd expected - not at all crammed. And having a fridge and airconditioner really helped. Despite being so affordable, there was so much about this place that made our 3 nights in Osaka a breeze. Like getting around -- it's close to the main train line we needed and even closer to the subway line that took us easily to awesome Shinsaibashi area. And I loved making use of the free bicycle hire. Would definitely recommend.

Good location, a few minutes from Shin Imamiya. Good price for Osaka. It is simple but you just have what you need.

I am satisfied on this choice.

• 29th Sep 2015
  • Hong Kong

The hotel offered exactly what I needed at a very reasonable price. The room was little more than a place to rest my head after a long day of traveling and sight seeing, but it was perfect for that. Secure, clean, comfortable, very close to JR and Subway lines. Easy to access from many major hubs. Would highly recommend!

Close to JR station and good areas for food. My friend and I booked separately so we had our own private rooms, tiny but fine. Bathroom on our floor could have been a bit cleaner, but ok. Great prices. Common area had everything for you to cook your own food. Staff were very helpful

This hostel is located at a seedy neighbourhood in japanese standards, which is a just not really nice area in european standards. You'll see a few homeless walking around but that's all. The only real problem with the hostel is that there are only 2 or 3 showers in the ground floor for the whole building. There are like 10 floors with like 30 double/triple rooms each... do the math. However I went to the showers early in the evening and didn't have to wait at all.

At $20 a night, you get all the basic facilities you need. Showers were reasonably clean. Other guests can be noisy. I contacted the hotel a month before my stay asking that my sister and I had adjoining smoking rooms and was told that was okay but when we checked in there seemed to be no rooms assigned to us and we were on different floors with only one smoking room available. The girl working on the front desk was fantastic but some of the guys seemed to not really care.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5