Hotel Raizan North, Nishinari Shin-imamiya Reviews

1-1-3 Taishi, Nishinari-ku, Osaka, Japan

1 toilet on each floor good staff value for money

• 11th Oct 2014
  • Thailand

nice location to stay. but I think the wall is too thin that I can hear someone snores in the next room and people walking all the night. that make me can not sleep well.

The only things was not that good is there is no escalator from the station to the exit when you on the way to hostel, have to carry the heavy luggage to the stairs, otherwise all the things are okay.

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

Loved the hotel, everything from the room to the robes provided. However, if its possible i hope the hotel could consider allocating a female only floor. I stayed on the 5th floor of hotel raizan north with my mum, and both of us noticed a man peeking on us when we went from our room to the toilet. That kinda freak us out. Other than that, our stay was pleasant.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

Really nice place was happy with the whole stay.

I arrived really late in the night, and staff was so kind to help me find the hotel. They give you a bike, bathroom was to be shared but the facilities were clean / easy to use. TV set and aircon at the room were working just fine. The subway station is 1 block away. It is the perfect place to stay at if you're visiting Osaka for a couple of days. I'll definitely book here again. Thanks

Apparently in a 'dodgy' area of Osaka but if you're a foreigner you're completely safe. Staff are really friendly and provide a really good service! Will come back!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Poland

Smell smoke heavily in the hall.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Taiwan

Over all for the hotel is good but they allowed the guest smoking in the room, so that my room always smell the smoke in the room and feel not c

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Malaysia

The building was pretty old, and there were only 2 sockets in the room. The view from the window was onto the concrete wall of next building only 1 metre away. Also, in the morning the water from the red side of the tap was cold =p However, I was pleasantly surprised (since this is a 'low-cost' hostel, anyway) to see a box with tissues, 2 towels and a pack with a toothbrush and toothpaste, and even a TV =) in the room and a towel (changed every day) near the sink in the bathroom.

We were lucky to get a non smoking room. Because of the smoky smell of the escalator, I don't want to imagine, what the smoking rooms would have been like... Our Room was clean, no luxury, bur for only sleeping it's ok. The bath in the basement would need some work done. It was ok to use, but not very clean.

Good place to hide away in your room between travels (comfy Western style bed, A/C, TV, fridge, towel & robe). Most staying here are Japanese (cheap Business Hotel), so contact with fellow travelers will be limited. The communal bath is great, but there are 24 hour showers for those too shy. (I had 2 wonderful baths a day!) 5th Floor is non-smoking with VCR. 3rd floor has been renovated - remote control lights & an interesting video channel! Staff speak little English. Great value for the price.

This hostel is better than I thought. I didn't has a good expectation so I was happy when I see my room. The staffs are old people and cannot speak english but they were really nice and helpful, sometimes funny too :)

Add more smoke-free places or indicate how we can book the smoke-free rooms? I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars more a night for a smoke-free room.

A pretty downtrodden area of Osaka that's for sure, though very close to Spa World and Nipponbashi, which imho is a cheaper and bigger version of Akihabara! The rooms were lacking in character and felt pretty sterile, but the staff were lovely and the first floor common area was pleasant to stay in.

Very convienient location with helpful staff. There is a small ofuro (shared Japanese bath) which is very relaxing if you like that sort of thing. The facilities are very clean; towels, soap, shampoo etc are provided at no cost. There is also a neighbouring cafe from where you can buy a simple breakfast at a discount from the hotel reception. Overall I was impressed with the hotel especially it's value for money.

I didnt really like the hostel. Actually, it is a hotel with 1-bed rooms. The hotel was clean and secure and the location was ok too as it is just across the street from a train station from where you can take a loop line to get to the centre of Osaka or a train to Namba. What I didnt like is that there were no foreigners so I could not share any of travel experience or meet new people or talk to anyone, I think that mainly Japanese on business trips stay at the hotel.

It is in a good location and staff was helpful & friendly. This is a good place to stay if you are on a budget. The only concern is if you are not a smoker then you will notice the smell in the elevator.

• 1st Jul 2013

Convenient in terms of traffic. Nice of Large Bathroom.

Stayed in a twin room. A little cramped but the place was clean and the beds comfy. The TV was an added bonus. Shared toilet and bath were clean and kept in good condition. Staff very friendly and spoke good English. Less than a minute's walk to both JR and subway lines too, so really convenient. Highly recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4