Hotel Raj Bed & Breakfast Reviews

2/26 Taj Ganj, Taj Mahal, South Gate, Agra, India

No Rating

We almost got abducted from this hotel. DO NOT STAY HERE. We were involved in a scam that either included the hotel staff, or the staff were so absent they allowed it to happen. See blog post http://thevariablelife.wordpress.com/2012/07/21/close-call/ . It was in a sketch alley, tons of loud music, doors didn't lock, beds were a health hazard, overall a disgusting lack of cleanliness. We saw a roach with a tail. And almost died.

In a small city like Agra, you don't need a hostel ' 50meters from the gate', especially since the fact that tickets had to be bought at the west gate. Secondly, the bathroom was very dirty and the sheets on the bed were broken & dirty as well. All in all: I am confident that better places can be found for even less money.

We were unable to stay at the Raj, B & B. Unfortunatly the air-con was not working so they sent us to their sister Hotel The New Raj. The New Raj was out of the main part of the city. We rejected 2 bedrooms before being shown a satisfactory one. There are no restaurants within walking distance. The street is quiet, not much traffic and so not much transport. We were fortunate to have the services of a very friendly Auto driver, Bunty, who took care of us for the 2 days we were in town.

I reserved a good room with a/c but when I arrived I was shown into an extremely grotty room with filty bathroom and floor - the worst room I have stayed in in India. Also the cutlary that breakfast was served on had not been washed properly and still had bits of food on. However the staff were very friendly and the location was excellent.

The hotel was in restructuring. The room was orrible and dirty and the sheets aswell. Few steps from the Taj mahal.

I have stayed in lots of hotels in my time, never have i seen anything like this place, it was disgusting, the staff were useless and when i confronted them and asked if the pictures on this website were fake they said they weren't allowed to put real photos up because of their proximity to the Taj, therefore admitting that the pictures on this website aren't really of the hotel. the closeness to the Taj does not make up for the dirty foul rooms. PLEASE DON'T BOOK HERE it will ruin your night!

I dont adives no pone to book a room in this hotel. dont eat and dont book. It is dirty.

okay, this is a hard review to give - when we arrived they had forgotten about our reservation for a 3bed AC and only had non AC available (45°C). after 15 mins discussion we didn't have to pay for the 1st night and the staff was trying really hard. once we had dinner there was a screw in the food - again, that shouldn't happen and they apologized a 100 times. anyway, it was less than ideal. location is next to south gate. the surrounding is pretty noisy and dirty though, go for east gate!!