Hotel Richard Reviews

35 Rue Richard Lenoir, Paris, France

Decent, clean, a table or two would be nice on the common areas.

We couldn't use the shower because only the hot water was running. Still, at that price you can't complain about anything...

• 11th Aug 2014

The only positive was it's location. The staff weren't so much rude, more disinterested. We were really disappointed with the cleanliness of our room, the room was filthy and didn't even look like it had been cleaned prior to our arrival. There were 11 broken floor tiles, some with sharp edges. Our bin wasn't emptied for 4 days. The communal toilets were always dirty and rarely more than half a roll of toilet roll, often none. We came with low expectations however and weren't wrong.

We met with two persons of the staff, when we arrived the son of the owner was at the reception , but was was sleeping in the couch with is belly showing, and seemed to be either hungover or high.. The mother was always helpful when she showed up at night. The WI fi was out during our two day stay

Hotel richard has a funny smell in the whole building. Facilities are very poor

• 28th Jul 2014

Toilets are too dirty. Rooms are clean and there is a shower in it. It's a bit far from Eiffel (9km).

For backpackers, it`s very good ;)

I could not make this trip and as per rules I informed them will in advance for cancelling my booking and also called them to inform about it. They assured that my booking will be cancelled.Few days later I checked my ac and realised they still debited my account for GBP 31.55 which is not acceptable. I sent them several emails and tried calling them to get the refund but no luck. I am now going to dispute this amount with my bank and refer this as fraud. Any help from hostelworld is appreciated

• 17th Jun 2014
  • India

This place is a dump! Staff is terrible! Stay away from this place.

• 16th Jun 2014

Toilets did not have toilet seats, no toliet paper either. Not far from the metro but a few stops from anything worth seeing. Very noisy neighborhood so if you go in the summer and leave the window open because it's blistering hot you wit be able to sleep because of the constant noise most likely.

the heater in the room didn't work and the response of staff was bad the position of hotel was strategic near the city center

• 28th Apr 2014

If you enjoy toilets with no seats or loo paper, then this is the place for you! We were lucky to hunt down paper from one of the six toilets (on different levels, there's no elevator) and despite claiming so, the free wi-fi does not work in your room, only the reception. The receptionist was rude and unhelpful. All of these points aside, Hotel Richard was bed bug free and you merely have to roll out of bed into the shower (as it is in your room). Then again, you get what you pay for.

Nice location but the money value does not worth!

Booked a private suite with own bathroom, and when I checked-in, they told me they were out of rooms and so I had to adjust in a double room with shared bathroom. The double room is not at all big, must be about 12 square meters. The common toilet is a sham, where you can just fit yourself in. The bathroom doesn't have any place to even keep your soap or hang your clothes!! And worse, the bathroom can be considered as the best part of the stay!! The wi-fi is awful to say the least. No kitchen.

• 16th Apr 2014
  • India

Overall, the hotel is well located and the double room is very comfortable and spacious. The only problem was the shared bathrooms which were not very clean and did not have toilet paper sometimes. I think it is very good value for money!